We were banished to roam the land, never to return to the abyss, we only made it ours when we lost ourselves

With the childish dicking around out of the way can we all appreciate the irony at hand? The very reason insects were able to dominate the planet is also the reason they can never go back to their place of genesis, I find that so damn fascinating!

Also I always had a feeling insect exoskeletons were a lot lighter compared to other arthropods, never managed to get the numbers but now I do, apparently crustacean and myriapod cuticles are almost twice as heavy compared to insects'. Which accidentally also means that if insects didn't develop the tracheal system for breathing they could have attain massive sizes a lot easier, maybe even become the norm for many groups. Arthropleura being the largest land arthropod we know of reaching the size of a small crocodile was a relative to millipedes which means it had a heavy exoskeleton, now imagine if it could cut half the weight but keep the mechanical strength of its exoskeleton?

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
5da6c9be5bf91-human-vs-bird-vision-5da46cc0df014__700.jpg

The ocean decided that bugs weren't fucked up-looking enough and kicked them out
That's actually a good point and one touched upon in the study above. Crustaceans have the most diverse morphologies of all animal groups.

640px-Crustacea_collage.png

These are supposed to be in the same general group :catskully

big

Hell these are crustaceans too! The above is a fish actually, the host to the beauties bellow.

There's even beetle crustaceans.

500px-Gnathiid_isopod.jpg

It's almost insane really.

Now that I think about it the thing I value the most is my own individuality and the thought of loosing myself is probably the hell I dread the most, funny how people always like to flirt with their biggest fears no?

Although insects are technically not crustaceans proper but rather they arouse from crustaceans (remipedes fit the profile for now) and together are part of pancrustacea which basically means all crusties.

Back