• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

What are the qualifications for something to be considered a "Cheat"

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Hrmm devil fruits might need some more thought. None of them really seem to fit the "cheat" aesthetic. you know what i mean?
I get it. Though it's more about BB himself breaking the in universe law that you can only eat one than about the powers themselves.

What do you think about these:

- Aizen's Kyoka Suigetsu
- Jack Rakan from Negima willing himself back to life after getting erased from existence (and pretty much everything else he does)
- Tatsuya Shiba's powers from the Irregular at Magic High
- Baam from Tower of God

Would those still be within the norm or considered cheats?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Black Clover’s got some unique powers like Vanessa’s cat Rouge that can alter cause and effect and Asta’s Anti-Magic. Plus any of the Demons

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
You know, i think another stipulation for something to be a cheat is that it needs to be broken off rip. Like it cant be something that started out weak and then got stronger through training, that wouldnt really be a cheat skill. But if it was at max power since day 1 then it would 100% be a cheat

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Bohemian Rhapsody from JoJo.

Even other broken Stands still required a strategic and skilled user to make the most out of them.

This Stand used by a deadbeat drug addict just had to turn it on while on his airplane and didn’t need to do nothing else other than chill and watch the whole world go to hell.

So broken, it had to be beaten with its own power.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Also from Toaru, Kakine’s Dark Matter.

Post-Revival doesn’t need an explanation for how broken he is but Pre-Revival doesn’t get enough attention after his own manga spin-off showed more of what he can do.

He’d be amazing fighting literally anyone except Accelerator and is when he does for good reason. It was loosely mentioned in his fight with Accel and showed in detail in the manga: Namely that when Kakine uses his power, he’s 1) dispersing subatomic particles of his Dark Matter across the entire area, and 2) violating the laws of physics by introducing foreign, otherworldly matter with its own equally alien laws that are not of the laws of this universe.

He can alter the matter of anything his Dark Matter touches like turning a human body to sand with a touch. But he can also apparently alter something like sound in the same manner which is what he alters along with light to break the mind control affecting Ringo.

He also basically turned an entire field into an unrecognizable alien environment with the thousands of phenomena he was making at once with his Dark Matter.

Long story short, if Kakine wants, he can kill you right on the spot the moment your breathing and taking in all those countless elementary particles in the air from his power activating.

I would also add in the Six True Magic Users in the Nasuverse as well as despite what the name implies:
True Magic is basically something beyond the pale and basically is the closest equivalent to being able to use Universal Mechanics at will.
Aoko with Blue and all the bullshit that comes with it, Zelretch and him being able to not only go from one parallel Universe to another at will but also literally dictate what's the "True Timeline" from his own existence and there is more than that but we only really get to know just the 2 True Magic Users and only hear from others as an aside(Like the group of people who mastered the 6th True Magic fought and tied against TYPE-Pluto but all died in the process)

Luke Skywalker from Legends has Force abilities like Battle Meditation, Electric Judgement, Force Cloak, Force Stun, Force Stealth, Force Light, Force Harmony, Fold Space, Flow-walking, Ayna-Seff, Hassat-durr, Memory Rub, Mind Walking, Mnemotherapy, Shatterpoint, and Oneness.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Luke Skywalker from Legends has Force abilities like Battle Meditation, Electric Judgement, Force Cloak, Force Stun, Force Stealth, Force Light, Force Harmony, Fold Space, Flow-walking, Ayna-Seff, Hassat-durr, Memory Rub, Mind Walking, Mnemotherapy, Shatterpoint, and Oneness.

Im not sure if Lukes abilities would count unless all of those were unique only to himself and no one else could learn them

The Student from Sifu. He/she Is the only one with a talisman that brings him/her back to life.

Time Travel in Kingdom Hearts, only a few people can use this.

Yuri Hyuga from Shadow Hearts is the only Harmonixer to naturally have as many Fusion forms as he wants, thanks to his childhood trauma of witnessing his mother being devoured by monsters.

Back