• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

What evidence is there for Clones being FTL?

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Not sure. Is this coming from Kaaant? I think he argued this in the past because of clone starfighter pilots could keep up in reflexes/reaction time with droid starfighters.
Idk if i ever heard Kaaant's reasoning, but partially yeah. It just seems par for the course with clones being able to evade blaster bolts so consistently, pose even the slightest threat to force sensitives, react to Grievous (2003) etc.

He also said that TCW has supporting evidence aswell, so i'm just curious.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Idk if i ever heard Kaaant's reasoning, but partially yeah. It just seems par for the course with clones being able to evade blaster bolts so consistently, pose even the slightest threat to force sensitives, react to Grievous (2003) etc.

He also said that TCW has supporting evidence aswell, so i'm just curious.
Blaster bolts generally aren't lightspeed. The damaging portion of turbolasers i.e. starship scale blasters, are however lightspeed as observed from the movies, especially in TESB and ROTJ. There are relativistic and actual lightspeed weapons like the space dinosaur's "paddle guns" and some disruptors and other weapons.

But yeah the main thrust is clone starfighter pilots have to show some degree of parity in reaction time/reflexes to keep up with the relatively lightspeed,electronically, computer powered AIs of droid starfighters. ARC Troopers were originally breed and cloned to be closer to Jango Fett's template, same with the Clone Commandos, vs the more "docile" mass produced regular Clone Troopers.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Blaster bolts generally aren't lightspeed. The damaging portion of turbolasers i.e. starship scale blasters, are however lightspeed as observed from the movies, especially in TESB and ROTJ. There are relativistic and actual lightspeed weapons like the space dinosaur's "paddle guns" and some disruptors and other weapons.

But yeah the main thrust is clone starfighter pilots have to show some degree of parity in reaction time/reflexes to keep up with the relatively lightspeed,electronically, computer powered AIs of droid starfighters. ARC Troopers were originally breed and cloned to be closer to Jango Fett's template, same with the Clone Commandos, vs the more "docile" mass produced regular Clone Troopers.
IIRC CD also said that since Clones we're genetically altered to be more "enhanced" than the original (Jango) physically they should scale to him, sans the skill.

Thoughts on that?

Last edited:

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
IIRC CD also said that since Clones we're genetically altered to be more "enhanced" than the original (Jango) physically they should scale to him, sans the skill.

Thoughts on that?
Dunno about that. When he comes around here, we can ask him. From what I remember, the ARC Troopers in both the original Alphas (extremely individualistic and bull-headed) and the second Betas (much more teamwork oriented) are the closest to Jango Fett after Boba himself. The only other ones are the Clone Commandos and the Clone Assassins who operate in small squads of 3-5 and were designed specifically to take down Jedi in close combat.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Dunno about that. When he comes around here, we can ask him. From what I remember, the ARC Troopers in both the original Alphas (extremely individualistic and bull-headed) and the second Betas (much more teamwork oriented) are the closest to Jango Fett after Boba himself. The only other ones are the Clone Commandos and the Clone Assassins who operate in small squads of 3-5 and were designed specifically to take down Jedi in close combat.
So to cap it off, do you believe yourself that there are any clones that are marginally FTL? regardless of rank.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
So to cap it off, do you believe yourself that there are any clones that are marginally FTL? regardless of rank.
I'm not certain. Ask Kaaant and CD on NF as there's both evidence supporting and against it but they definitely with the best ones are relativistic reflexes/reaction time wise.

E

Example

Unconfirmed
There is a calculation on Darth Taalon deflecting blaster bolts that resulted in FTL speeds, but i dunno if any of the republic troopers or clones scale to her.

Also, shouldn't Jedi/Sith by majority of their feats, be far above any of the republic stormtroopers for the most part since (or clone troopers) more or less get treated like mooks in front of jedi presence.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Also, shouldn't Jedi/Sith by majority of their feats, be far above any of the republic stormtroopers for the most part since (or clone troopers) more or less get treated like mooks in front of jedi presence.
I said Force Sensitives, Jedi and Sith of-course, but Clone-assassins are trained by having duels with Jedi padawans.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
They're relativistic in reflexes and processing speed because they're almost as fast as droid star-fighters.

elnSn7j.png

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member

Thoughts on that?
Could you elaborate on this? @Crimson Dragoon

Back