What Happened to the Blender and Chatterbox?

Sabo

Preeminent
I wasn't around when they archive both sections and built the Alley. Why did they do it?

Now that some time has pass, was it a good idea? Would you do things differently if you could turn back time?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Chatterbox was dying, so the Alley was born. Blender was archived before the Chatterbox was, I think.

Mainly just activity reasons.

Baka

Byronic Hero
GFX Designer
something about a fresh new section legitimately reinvigorates some activity

plus there was a moderation/social climate disconnect between the cb and the blender which the alley creators hoped to bridge, and tbh did quite well for the first year or so

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I wasn't around when they archive both sections and built the Alley. Why did they do it?

Now that some time has pass, was it a good idea? Would you do things differently if you could turn back time?
The Blender was down to about 30-40 regular posters by August 2018 which was considered too "small" for activity levels to justify it being around though some of the admins then like Hollie and Para were against it. The Chatterbox also got archived like a few days after that and was down its prime as well. I can't remember who was the main moderator of that section but I think it was Kami along with Santi and a few others who weren't too happy about this either.

After all of that was said and done, The Alley was made as a intermediary social section between the two old ones; so a mix of the Blenderites, Chatterboxers, OLers, and Mafia regulars got mixed together. Which lead to it being fairly active for about a year to year and half and very fun. Ironically by the start of 2020, The Alley on the old site was already pretty dead cause we had a Agony/Convo thread last like 10-11 whole months, nearly a full year, before it got finished.

colours

yung plague
Art Section
The Blender was down to about 30-40 regular posters by August 2018 which was considered too "small" for activity levels to justify it being around though some of the admins then like Hollie and Para were against it. The Chatterbox also got archived like a few days after that and was down its prime as well. I can't remember who was the main moderator of that section but I think it was Kami along with Santi and a few others who weren't too happy about this either.

After all of that was said and done, The Alley was made as a intermediary social section between the two old ones; so a mix of the Blenderites, Chatterboxers, OLers, and Mafia regulars got mixed together. Which lead to it being fairly active for about a year to year and half and very fun. Ironically by the start of 2020, The Alley on the old site was already pretty dead cause we had a Agony/Convo thread last like 10-11 whole months, nearly a full year, before it got finished.
Holliebear ;(

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator

Para left around 2016 FYI. She didn’t stay for long.

Reactions: Ral

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I think I was the main moderator for Chatterbox 2015-2017, and Santi took the reigns.

The allley was born 2018.
It fulfilled my vision: more creativity instead of shitting on the section. The mafia games and Gin’s contributions were a big part of getting Alley rolling. Among other poster threads ofc. (And I appreciate this deeply even from the sidelines)
I am not sure what Santi’s vision was, i don’t know what happened back then. It was likely after my time. But my memory is shit and I have a vague recollection of stuff so

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Wasn't the Plaza fed into the Alley too? Before DDJ Lounge was made?
Chatterbox was a subsection of Plaza

I think it was to mediate?
“chatterbox shouldn’t allow generic shit threads”
I’m not sure, to this day, what constitutes as shit threads
So Plaza was born and it hosted generic questions as a result maybe

Leng

Illustrious
Suzuhiko made the Chatterbox after the Plaza, but it probably had a different name then. I mean I think it got combined with the Alley too and was always pretty dead compared to its sub-forums.

Sabo

Preeminent
I used to be an active member of the Chatterbox/Lounge back in the days and also posted in the blender irregularly because some of friends likes James, Jenne, Smoke, and a fair abit of other good people where there. However, overall the Blender brings out the worst of some of the other members, while the Chatterbox brings out the kindest of people.

When I came back to NF last year, the Alley doesn't feel the same as the Chatterbox. Alot of new members is showing the worst of themselves, while some of the kinder older members seems more "hardcore". Why? Just be yourself and be your better self!

This is the reason why I did not posted in the Alley since last year, despite recognising 70% of the names, some of the people I genuinely enjoyed hanging around with back in the Chatterbox days.

It's good though, because with this forum, it is bring out the best of you guys, and it feels more like the Chatterbox day again, so keep it up.

Larcher

The Alley was a fun social experiment, it was worth it for the first year and a half. Truth be told, I think I knew in the back of my head that it wouldn't be sustainable, as NF in general had been declining in activity quite significantly.

Larcher

I just got her into Critical Role so now you'll never hear from her again, sorry. :pepohug
I searched critical role on Google. At first I thought that Mathew Mercer dude was Trevor Moore, idk if my eyesight is dipping or if I'm just missing the fuck out of Trevor Moore.

Back