What was your first anime?

I guess technically it would've been Pokemon but I didn't know it was an anime, or what an anime was, at the time.
After that the only anime I watched was Naruto, which didn't last long because I couldn't keep up with the Toonami schedule.

I got burnt out on the "genre" in middle school until one fateful Saturday night while I was half asleep the 4th episode of FLCL started on Adult Swim.
It felt like a fever dream, but I looked it up the next morning and it was real.
Had no clue what to make of it at the time, but I thought it looked cool and now it's probably my favorite series of all time, and now I also actually watch anime

Dwimmerlaik

Changer of Ways
For me, it was Elfen Lied. I've never rewatched it but still find myself listening to the opening occasionally.

Reactions: Ral

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Golden Boy / Vision of Escaflowne / Lupin the third / Hellsing

Every person from a specific European country who happens to read this now knows automatically when and where and why these four especially

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Actual anime? Pokemon or Digimon I guess? Although I shouldn't have to explain why either of these two were first

Series I watched that eventually lead to watching more anime? Probably Scrapped Princess I guess

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
literally the time goku had became ssj for the first in the namek saga arc, it was the episode that got me in anime land

i was a teen, and i was left speechless, back in 03-04, then i started watching toonami, with series like outlaw star, trigun, yyh, g gundam, etc

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
The first anime i actually saw without realizing that it's an anime was probably Sailor Moon way back in the late 90's . Either that or Dragon Ball or Pokemon but probably SM was the first . Might've even been something else but idk i was in kindergarten back then so i don't remember a lot from these times.

The anime that actually got me into anime was Inuyasha in the mid 00's .

DoflaMihawk

Paramount
e58e794fd1acb2a41e57cbccd1a53111.gif

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Yoriden Samurai Troopers aka Ronin Warriors was the first I remember ever seeing, then Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, and Gundam 0083.

Maddie

Acclaimed
Pokemon (Probs everyone's first)
Yugioh DM/GX/5Ds I forget which first
Sonic X but I hated it
Dragon Quest Abel No Yuusha
Dragon Ball Z Kai was my first anime in that I recognized it was Japanese

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Dragon Ball, Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Can't remember which one I watched first but it would be one of them.

LeonLex

Paramount
Inuyasha, I was really stupid when I was young.
Then I watched Bleach, the anime where the main character can go one minute without screaming or saying his catchphrase.
Grand Teacher Onizuka and Mahoromatic (I almost cried fr fr) cemented my love for anime.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
not my first anime but i think it was probably trigun that got me to watch more

Back