• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Yang Kai Respect Thread

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Starting to re-read the Martial Peak Manhua. Gonna post some feats for the MC through his journey. Its currently over 3000 chapters and not over yet, so I expect this to be a long drag with many break.

I will also include pannels which I think show his personality / intelligence / characterisation towards certain issue or just belive to be fun (gonna mark them as not feat relevant).

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
All following feats in the subsequent posts will be from the Low Potential World at the start of the series

Cultivaltion level: Tempered Body
Category: Strenght

Fragments a small rock with his fist

CTYkcbu.jpeg

hcc5YMG.jpeg

mUuUlsF.jpeg

-

The feat in the novel:

No matter what, Yang Kai’s fist couldn’t match up to a weapon, but even though he only held a stone, it was still mightier than a simple fist. Taking the opportunity, before the Storm House Disciple reached Yang Kai, he was assaulted viciously on the head by that stone. It cut open the side of his head, revealing the red flesh beneath, while he fell to the ground.

Even though he had hit a person, Yang Kai didn’t stop there. In fact, his movements became sharper and sharper. Like a hawk closing in on a rabbit, he did to same to another Storm House Disciple.

Yang Kai’s strikes were very fierce, and his methods cruel; far from what anyone could have imagined.

In an instant, he had dealt with four Storm House Disciples. Meanwhile, the stone had now crumbled to pieces. Throwing out another fist, the stone bits flew out like hidden weapons, dense and closely packed; the stone bits flew out in all directions.

A wave of miserable cries rang out from the Storm House Disciples clutching their cheeks, for no small number of people had been injured as they hissed and cried out in pain.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Regeneration

Posseses an innate healing which allows him to not use medicine for smaller flesh wounds (inflicted wound for reference)

tgoO0gv.jpeg

TPxLTgu.jpeg

2l9lBdJ.jpeg

5My0h66.jpeg

The feat in the novel

In response to this direct attack, Yang Kai did something that no one would have imagined; he opened up his palm and motioned to catch it.

Although this sabre was only an ordinary ranked weapon, it was still a sharp weapon. How could a corporeal human body possibly withstand such a weapon?

Cheng Shao Feng’s expression was pleased, thinking that he was walking down the path to his own demise. Increasing the speed of his long sabre, he went to greet Yang Kai’s open palm.

Pu sounded out, it seemed to go exactly how everyone imagined it would go, with the sabre impaling Yang Kai’s hand and blood spurting out everywhere.

Hu Mei Er’s was startled, when she had seen Yang Kai’s confidence and how he welcomed it with grandeur and power, she thought he had some unimaginable and amazing method. But now when she saw that he was so easily injured by Cheng Shao Feng, she couldn’t help but feel disappointed.

[In the end, the person didn’t amount to much. He is just too foolish!]
Before Hu Mei Er’s thoughts were finished, they were changed by one hundred and eighty degrees. Even though Yang Kai’s hand had been pierced, he didn’t stop and still closed in towards Cheng Shao Feng.

In a blink of an eye, the two people were within reach of each other while the sound of flesh on the sabre made others cringe.

Pa! Yang Kai’s skewered hand went to grip onto Cheng Shao Feng’s sword hand and the handle.

With the frenzied Yang Kai in front of him, Cheng Shao Feng could no longer hide his fear. As he tried to pull back his sabre, his opponent held on firmly for dear life.

Laughing maliciously, Yang Kai’s pair of bloodshot eyes glinted with a bloodthirsty lustre while he threw a bloody fist towards Cheng Shao Feng’s face.

Frantically Cheng Shao Feng raised his arm to block while also hastily using his Yuan Qi to assist in his defence.

But Cheng Shao Feng had only just entered the Initial Element Stage, how much Yuan Qi did he have within him? Ruthlessly, Yang Kai’s fist smashed into his face, dislodging one of his teeth and his cheek immediately started to swell. The scalding that he felt afterwards was like boiling water was constantly being poured onto his face.

[Such tyrannical Yuan Qi!] Cheng Shao Feng was finally frightened. He discovered that even though he was at the Initial Element Stage, the Yuan Qi inside of him could not block this fiery invasion; in a few moments, he was burnt into dizziness.
Distracted, Yang Kai’s second fist arrived, causing Cheng Shao Feng’s mind to become unclear.

Another fist caused his entire body to become limp, causing him to kneel in front of Yang Kai with his head bent and a dazed expression.

Moving his leg back, Yang Kai kicked out and sent him flying away.

---

During today’s events, the only serious injury he received were the ones on his hand that had been pierced by the long sabre; the rest were nothing much to mention of. Although the wound on his hand looked really serious at first, when you looked more carefully, you could see it wasn’t that major. When he went to catch Cheng Shao Feng’s sabre, Yang Kai purposefully avoided allowing it to pierce his bones or meridians. So, even with the extra hole in his palm, it was only a simple flesh wound.

It was literally the same type of wound that he had received from that Flower Patterned Spider. It had taken him roughly three-fours days to basically recover, so should be the same this time too.

In addition, in just this short amount of time, Yang Kai’s wound had already healed by quite a lot, and his stamina had also recovered by a bit. Without sensing his body condition, he wouldn’t have guessed that the warmth emitted by the Golden Skeleton to contain such an amazing healing property. Not to mention, there are healing properties in Yang Qi from the cultivation of True Yang Secret Art. With the assistance of these two, his injuries recovered quickly.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Body Art / Fire

Can heat up his body to cause burning sensation upon physical contact

2WYH19V.png

reSpmye.jpeg

CuxGNT0.png

The feat in the novel

Just as the True Yang Secret Arts were about to activate, Yang Kai already felt a violent feeling from his chest, as well as blistering hot energy getting, sucked in via his acupuncture points. Within this blistering hot energy was a large amount of Yang Qi. In that moment, Yang Kai’s meridians were painfully hot; so hot that smoke started to emit from his chest, roasting the skin until it turned black.

---

The fist that Nu Tao threw out caused a faint whistling sound, clearly displaying the fact that he was using some sort of martial skill.

Yang Kai didn’t dodge and also threw out a fist.

“Peng” it sounded out and Yang Kai’s wrist bone rang from the impact, while his fist felt like it was cut up by hundreds of razors. In a second, numerous cuts appeared, and he couldn’t help but retreat a few steps.

Though Nu Tao cried out oddly, for he felt that he had struck a blazing hot piece of iron. His skin and flesh were all burned painfully and he screamed out, “Such hot Yuan Qi!”

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Durability

Can stop swords with his bare hands

U74avR4.png

The feat in the novel

As he said this, he swept his sabre to cut off Yang Kai’s fingers. Yang Kai’s reaction wasn’t slow. Sensing that the opponent’s blade was changing directions he changed his hand into a grabbing hold.

“Pu”, the long sabre still managed to chop off one of Yang Kai’s fingers, causing Cheng Shao Feng’s face to blossom in elation. Hu Mei Er covered her mouth, extremely disturbed, but when she remembered Yang Kai’s attitude to her, she thought that he should be hacked into pieces.

“How could this be?” Cheng Shao Feng cried out in fear, for he realised that he hadn’t actually severed Yang Kai’s fingers. Although it wasn’t an immortal weapon, it was nonetheless still sharp. [How! How can a Tempered Body Stage cultivator’s body be this strong? Even if it were someone at the Initial Element Stage, their fingers would be severed.]

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: AP/DC

Can pierce skulls with his energy on contact

UO6QmUo.jpeg

XrHw7d6.jpeg

The feat in the novel

Before the words had left his mouth, Yang Kai had already pursued him and a drop of Yang Liquid within his Dantian started to move through his will, into his fingertips.

Pointing out, he went straight for the middle of Cheng Shao Feng’s head.

Cheng Shao Feng opened his mouth widely and ceased to breathe, falling to the ground. On his forehead there was a hole about the size of a chopstick penetrating through his skull. The hole was very smooth and slick. In fact, not even a drop of blood flowed out. With his eyes wide open, his dying expression was one without any trace of his previous grievance.

Ah! Two cries of alarm simultaneously rang out. They originated from Nu Tao and Hu Mei Er who had witnessed the startling scene.

Cheng Shao Feng died! Without any warning, he died just like that under Yang Kai’s hand.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: AP/DC, Range, Energy

Can extract some of his internal energy and use it as a ranged attack with a range of a couple meters

8be6BMx.jpeg

ZU7ank4.jpeg

The feat in the novel

Shortly after Yang Kai reached out with his other hand and pulled on his fingers and a sensational scene appeared.

This drop of Yang Liquid, in the blink of an eye, morphed into a blood red blade as thin as cicada wing. Just as the blade was formed, under Yang Kai’s urgings, it flew out.

Sou the graceful red colour blade pierced the air and embedded itself into Nu Tao’s back.

Nu Tao’s running figure immediately became rigid, and with a cry of despair, he fell to the ground.

The silence of the forest was broken by a songbird’s cry, meanwhile, Yang Kai gasped for breath, with his whole body battered and exhausted.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Intelligence

Understands the implications of his deed, covers up the act, implies a third partie as accomplice to not having to kill her and secures her silence

BLlIlgU.jpeg

9DDf2nZ.jpeg

The feat in the novel

Yang Kai wanted to dispose of the corpses. This place was already quite desolate, but he didn’t know if some random couple might have a bit of courage and rendezvous with another half here.

The causes of death for Cheng Shao Feng and Nu Tao were very special; they were both killed by a boiling hot energy that had directly pierced through their vitals. If Storm House investigated their deaths utilizing this information as a basis, perhaps it might lead them to him.

So Yang Kai must throw the corpses far away, making sure that Storm House’s people would never find them.

Two people, one in front and the other behind, walked deeper into the forest. Hu Mei Er hesitated many times, but in the end decided not to speak out.

After a while, a lake suddenly appeared in front of them. Yang Kai’s eyes shone a brilliant light and he decided their burial location.

Yang Kai signaled to Hu Mei Er to put down the corpse, and he went to search for two big stones. When he returned, he tied these stones to Cheng Shao Feng and Nu Tao’s corpses and threw them into the lake.

Brushing his hands, Yang Kai muttered for a while. “You can now be considered my accomplice, and you should know how to act right?”

Finished, he turned around to look at her dismissively.

With that said, Hu Mei Er was not surprised and repeatedly nodded her head, “I know.”

The fact that Yang Kai could say these words meant that he had no evil intentions regarding her, guaranteeing her life. Hu Mei Er’s heart and mind relaxed and she involuntarily gasped.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Intelligence

Can understand subtle hints and deduce a body impersonation (this one from a sister, not a supernatural one)

arDcdo7.jpeg

HUsI1rz.jpeg

VQzmPWh.jpeg

qL0q0AY.jpeg

Nu40J0B.jpeg

The feat in the novel

She held no interest in denying it further. Hu Jiao Er laughed softly, and repositioned herself on the bed, displaying her alluring body fully, while her bewitching eyes sized Yang Kai up, she asked in a gentle tone. “At what moment did you start having your doubts?”

“From the time I drank the tea.” Yang Kai lightly hit the teacup within his hands, “Although the tea was very pleasant, it couldn’t fully cover the female scent. Also, on this cup, there is a faint marking of lips, and I concluded that it hadn’t been too long since someone last used it right? And that person should be Lady Hu Mei Er.”

“Just from that, you don’t believe I am Mei Er?” Hu Jiao Er was amazed.

“Of course it wasn’t just from that.” Yang Kai slowly shook his head, “The second point that arose my suspicion was your temperament! I do not believe that in ten days or so, a woman’s temperament can undergo such a large change. Putting it nicely, Lady Mei Er’s charm is more young and tender, where as your charm is more mature and developed.”

“I like the sound of that.” Hu Jiao Er started to laugh while covering her mouth, “Please continue, do you have any more reasons?”

“Thirdly, your scent and Lady Mei Er’s are very similar, but if you are to smell carefully, they are still different. Her’s is sweeter while yours possesses a more subtle elegance.”

“Stinking brat!” Hu Jiao Er’s face was a nice pink hue because Yang Kai’s somewhat straightforward answers had caused her to be unable to maintain her calm. Thinking back at how she had wanted to probe him and the self-sacrifices she had made, Hu Jiao Er couldn’t help but want to slap this confident male in front of her into a meat patty.

“Fourthly…” Yang Kai ignored Hu Jiao Er’s oppressive glare and continued to speak.

“There is more…” This startled Hu Jiao Er. She would have never guessed that this Tempered Body youngster would be able to see this many holes, in her seemingly flawless plan.

He he, the fourth point is the injury on this lady’s foot. That injury looks like it is a sprain, but it is really a self-inflicted injury, caused internally and this was the greatest clue. Although Lady Mei Er is a young lady, she is still a martial practitioner. How could it be so easy for her to sprain her ankle?”

“This was actually my own negligence.” Hu Jiao Er lightly nodded her head. Back then, she was only concerned with revealing Yang Kai’s true colours, thus she had not thought too deeply.

As she lifted up her head, she saw that Yang Kai was still deep in thought, so Hu Jiao Er questioned, “Don’t tell me you there were more flaws that you saw through.”

Hu Jiao Er was quite unconvinced. How could her plan, that she thought was flawless and perfect, actually be full of holes and flaws in his eyes? Not to mention all of his analysis was clear and logical, leaving no room for argument.

Looking at this stinking brat filled her with loathing.

[If he dared to point out any more flaws, this Lady would definitely show you some attitude! You completely forgot to leave others some face!]
“Then I’ll say no more.” Yang Kai replied as he wrinkled his brows.

Hearing this, Hu Jiao Er became unhappy and her charming eyes turned frosty. Laughing captivatingly, biting down with her ivory teeth she spat out a single word, “Speak!”

“I better not say anymore!” He said shaking his head.

Hu Jiao Er’s anger rose. “If I want you to speak then speak. How could there be someone like you who likes leaving a person hanging.”

Yang Kai bitterly laughed. “I’m afraid that if I say it, I could cause this lady to become angry.”

Her almond eyes narrowing, she replied, “Make me angry? What is this flaw, is it an upsetting thing?”

En!

“Then all the more I want to hear it!”

“But you must promise me that you do not become angry.”

“If you don’t say it, then how will I know whether or not I will be angry or not?”

“Nevermind then.”

“Y-You…don’t you know that when you are arguing with a woman, you should back down a step?” Hu Jiao Er was gloomy inside. This youngster seemed shrewd, but he was actually a stubborn and cold headed youth, without a shred of sensitivity.

“If I back down a step, I would become injured. I think… I would be unable to match you.” Yang Kai’s face was serious.

“I see that you still have some sensitivity!” Laughing proudly, Hu Jiao Er sprang up from the bed, carrying with her a sweet aroma, both from the bed and herself over to the table. Her clothes dancing around, she sat down and gracefully looked towards Yang Kai. Muttering for a while, she responded. “Okay then, I promise that I will not become angry with you.”

“And you also promise not to hit me.”

“Fine!” Biting her ivory teeth, Hu Jiao Er continued, “Tell me, what is this final flaw?”

His face stern Yang Kai answered: “Actually, it can’t really be counted as a flaw. It’s just that between you and Lady Mei Er there is a slight difference between you.”

“Where is this difference?” Hu Jiao Er looked at him oddly because she and her younger sister were both practically carved from the same mould. So where would this difference be?

Yang Kai opened and closed his mouth and hesitated for a good while before mumbling out. “It’s your buttocks, one side is smaller than the other! It is incomparable to Lady Mei Er’s well proportioned ones!”

As soon as he said this, Hu Jiao Er’s face suddenly became bright red and all of her True Element Stage Yuan Qi burst out, engulfing the house in a powerful gale.

“Please remember the words you just said!” Remaining calm, his heart steady, Yang Kai reminded her faintly.

Hu Jiao Er’s imposing air unexpectedly receded. She was so furious her entire body was shaking yet she could not vent her anger, she nearly shattered her ivory teeth from biting down too hard. It wasn’t till after a long time had passed that she banged the table and spoke out in her sweet but enraged voice, “Utter rubbish!”

For a proper girl to utter these coarse words, one could only imagine Hu Jiao Er’s current rage.

[This brat should be made into mincemeat, he dares to evaluate my buttocks as one small and one big. Is this something a man should say? How is one smaller than the other? Aren’t they clearly well proportioned? This stinking brat, I’m afraid that you don’t know how to write the word death right?]

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Energy

Can break out energy bindings from more powerful people than him

kEQEjJK.jpeg

pw5f8ze.jpeg

The feat in the novel

Forcibly suppressing his anger, Yang Kai didn’t say a word. If he was to start something, he would only disadvantage himself.

“Coward!” As Long Zai Tian saw Yang Kai’s reactions, he despised him even more.

Uncontrollably the Yang Yuan Qi within Yang Kai’s Dantian started to swell up, as he glowered at Long Zai Tian.

Sensing the change in Yang Kai’s Yuan Qi, Long Zai Tian angrily roared, “Impudent! You want to attack me?”

Once he finished, without any reason or regard to power Seniority, a palm was sent out towards Yang Kai. Seeing this palm being sent towards him, Yang Kai stood there unable to move. It wasn’t because he was scared stiff, but rather that the opponent had used some sort of skill to immobilize him.

Yang Kai’s face changed greatly because he would never have imagined that this old timer would be so shameless. He could feel Long Zai Tian’s attitude towards him, but couldn’t figure out the reason why and faced with this intent to kill, Yang Kai didn’t know how to react.

With death charging towards him, the immense pressure that accompanied an Immortal Ascension Boundary practitioner’s attack caused even Yang Kai’s heart to freeze. His breathing also became shallow; meanwhile, an instinctual desire for survival arose from within his body.

Suddenly from within his bones, boiling hot warmth seeped out and rapidly spread throughout his body. The next moment, Yang Kai felt the restricting forces on his body disappear.

Hastily, Yang Kai used all of his strength to dodge to the side.

Long Zai Tian causally smashed down his palm; he thought that he would definitely have hit that High Heaven Pavilion Disciple with his palm. Contrary to his predictions, the opposite party had actually dodged!

[How could that be?] Long Zai Tian’s eyebrows creased.
[How could his Immortal Ascension Boundary restricting techniques be broken by this youngster?] Because he didn’t predict this, Long Zai Tian had just casually slammed his palm down.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Detection

Can detect energy within a 200 m radius

sGwdNy6.jpeg

The feat in the novel

Waving his hand, Yang Kai explained. “Why don’t you follow me!?”

Although Hu Mei Er didn’t know what he wanted to do, she obediently followed him over.

After walking about thirty feet, Yang Kai unexpectedly stopped and stomped his foot. “I want you to remember this place. About 35 meters below here, there should be some unusual objects.”

Hu Mei Er eyes widened in doubt. “How do you know?”

Yang Kai muttered a bit indistinctly. “The martial skill that I am practicing, within a certain distance, I can sense all Yang attributed things. Underneath here there should be a Yang attributed treasure and its Yang energy fluctuations are many times purer than the Bright Yang Stones.”

Before coming here, Yang Kai had already sensed that in this area was a bit unusual and after considering it, he decided to tell Hu Mei Er. One reason was, due to this area belonging to the Blood Battle Gang, even if Yang Kai wanted these treasures, he couldn’t obtain them. Secondly, he still owed Hu Mei Er a favour and Yang Kai saw everything she did as she helped him today.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Cultivaltion level: Initial Element
Category: Replenishment

His body can use the world around him to replenish his energy / stamina

hPjIvKy.jpeg

Vqlzdvo.jpeg

The feat in the novel

The Golden Skeleton was able to sense when he sustained injuries or pain and restore his stamina, but this boost required energy to work and energy by nature can’t come from nothingness, so absorbing Yuan Qi was not something hard to comprehend.

The Yuan Qi absorbed by it this time would be given back to him later when he needed the stamina boosts. This was also one of the Golden Skeleton’s profound uses and the reason why it could supplement his stamina when needed during battle.

Yang Kai had also thought that he could only take in Yang type Qi because he was cultivating the True Yang Secret Art. But it looked like now, this theory ought to tested to determine its merit.

If he really could absorb energy that wasn’t Yang attributed, then his training speed would be even faster than before.

---

The end result was clear, his Golden Skeleton truly could absorb other types of energy, and wouldn’t just absorb Yang type energy!

Long before he had broken into the Initial Element Stage, he had already made this hypothesis; it was just that he didn’t have any way to prove it.

The True Yang Secret Art was no doubt a special and powerful skill, allowing him to absorb Yang energy endlessly and when used in battle, its killing power was great. But this skill had a great flaw, which was its cultivating conditions were far too strict.

One must be in a Yang type environment to cultivate.

Originally he was worried that he would be affected by the environment, but now with his Golden Skeleton’s domineering power he no longer needed to worry about this.

When there was Yang energy, he would cultivate with the True Yang Secret Art, and if there wasn’t any it didn’t matter because his Golden Skeleton wasn’t picky and would accept all types of energy.

---

At present, Yang Kai’s True Yang Secret Art could absorb Yang Qi and then condense it into Yang Liquid.

But now, not having a Yang environment, he can practice the True Yang Secret Art to absorb the energy in the air, which can then be refined to form Yang Qi which then could be absorbed into the Golden Skeleton.

Environmental constraints for practicing this skill had suddenly disappeared. For Yang Kai, this was great news which brought him a great deal of happiness.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Detection

Can hear peoples breath in a 150 meter radius

Ak5T61c.jpeg

The feat in the novel

Walking back from Coiling Dragon Stream, Yang Kai only felt happiness. With a new realm increase, his view on the world had changed a bit, resulting in his eyes becoming a bit clearer.

In a fifty-foot radius, he could even sense a person’s breathing.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Intelligence, Character

Is not below cheap shotting someone when he is in doubt to gain an upper hand

43xOubo.jpeg

eC5FbEB.jpeg

The feat in the novel

Walking out of the cell, the Disciplinary Disciple locked up the doors once again and then took Yang Kai outside.

Not long after, they had arrived at a wooden room and a strange laugh came, “Please come in.”

Yang Kai turned to look at him and also laughed out as he walked in.

The Disciplinary Disciple followed closely behind and then closed the door behind him.

In the instant the door was closed, Yang Kai swivelled around and sent a palm directly into the stomach of the Disciplinary Disciple behind him. Boiling hot Yang Yuan Qi rushed into him, causing him to let out a bloodcurdling scream as he slammed into the wall.

He didn’t think that Yang Kai would actually strike him, causing him to receive the attack in its entirety and leaving him momentarily paralysed.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Negation

Can negate freezing attacks

y4StVCU.jpeg

The feat in the novel

Her body swaying, like an immortal fairy that descended amongst mortals, she flew towards Yang Kai. In an instant, she was at Yang Kai’s shoulder.

An ice-cold feeling immediately spread from his shoulder and he hurriedly retreated a few more steps. Turning to see it, Yang Kai narrowed his eyes as he saw a layer of ice on his shoulder, which was quickly forming ice crystals.

Without any hesitation, Yang Kai tore off the clothing around his shoulder and called out a drop of Yang Liquid to smear on his shoulder.

Hiss hiss… the ice hissed, Yang Kai’s shoulder burned like a burning piece of iron, momentarily becoming bright red. The coldness that had been spreading, was burned away by that Yang Liquid drop, disappearing in the blink of an eye.

Su Yan became even more stunned, she had never imagined that Yang Kai would be about to use such freakish methods to melt her Ice Qi. Frost appearing in her eyes, Su Yan called upon the Thousand Layered Snow Waves which swarmed around her, hiding her body within the layers of snow, as they rotated towards Yang Kai.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Durability, Resistance

Can withstand electric attacks

3Udx9MG.jpeg

Second feat at a later date:

4Vx97jL.jpeg

olI5lLN.jpeg

The feat in the novel

The previous attacks had given him get a clear understanding of Yang Kai’s strength, now that he had a basic idea about how Yang Kai fought he could easily kill him, activating his Yuan Qi, wind and lightning sounds came from Senior Brother Xiong’s blade.

“Thunder Wind Cry!” Brother Xiong swung his sword heavily, on his long sword there was lighting visible, which in turn produced an arc of lightning as he swung his sword, this arc was incomparably sharp and was moving towards Yang Kai’s chest at great speed, Yang Kai was left unable to dodge this attack.

Yang Kai really was unable to dodge this attack, but on his face there was no trace of panic, instead he simply raised his palm towards the blade.

Brother Xiong sneered, in his heart he was thinking the body of this sword is covered in lightning and you are merely an Initial Element Fourth Stage, if it touches you then you will be paralyzed and will be at my mercy.

Thinking this Brother Xiong increased the speed at which the blade was approaching Yang Kai.

Yang Kai made a low sound, his palm became incomparably red, just like a burning flame, Brother Xiong felt a heat wave coming towards him which not only removed the cold from the surrounding area but also made him feel like he was crashing into a sea of fire, this made him feel like he was actually on fire.

Clang! A metallic sound could be heard, Yang Kai’s palm was on top of the sword, whenever his palm came into contact with lightning, the lightning would just suddenly vanish, due to this sudden collision, the long sword was also diverted from its original path, instead it ended up merely scratching Yang Kai’s shoulder without injuring him.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Intelligence, Character

Will actively exploit people not aware of their surroundings to kill them / sneak up on them to prevent a fight (foreshadowing for future fighting styles)

QyDry08.jpeg

The feat in the novel. Difference: The strike is not successful and a battle ensues

At this moment, Yang Kai also started to make his move. Currently, all of Disciple Xie’s attention was occupied by the Nine Yin Dew Crystals, so it was the perfect opportunity for him to mount a sneak attack.

Even in his dreams, Disciple Xie would never have thought that Yang Kai would be able to find his position and dare to mount a sneak attack on him.

On Disciple Xie’s face was an extremely greedy expression, his body was nimble and his movement silent like a cat. Slowly, he crept up closer to the Nine Yin Dew Crystals.

With the distance slowly becoming smaller and smaller, 10 meters, 5 meters, 2 meters…

The Nine Yin Dew Crystals continued to stay in their position, continuously absorbing the Qi in the valley and raising gusts of strong wind.

When the distance between Disciple Xie and the Nine Yin Dew Crystals was only 5 meters, his Yuan Qi exploded and surrounded him. Then leaping out like a cheetah, with his eyes ablaze, he reached out to grab at the Nine Yin Dew Crystals.

At that time, Yang Kai also made his move. With his eyes fixed on Disciple Xie, Yang Kai’s feet carried him swiftly out like the wind. Clutching the newly acquired blade in his hand, he prepared to strike a killing blow when his opponent’s defences were at their lowest.

Just when Disciple Xie thought he had obtained it, the Nine Yin Dew Crystals suddenly stopped absorbing Qi. Then from within its core, it burst out waves of cold Yin energy that started to attack Disciple Xie.

All of this happened far too quickly. So quickly that he couldn’t even stop.

Great astonishment showed on Disciple Xie’s face. Previously, he could tell that this was a Heavenly treasure, but he could never have predicted this thing had spirit awareness and could counterattack at the most critical of times.

Disciple Xie’s mind forced into a mess. When facing this sudden cold attack, his mind and body were scared beyond belief as he spurred his Yuan Qi to protect him from the incoming attack.

Just as he finished his preparations to take that strike, the Nine Yin Dew Crystals flashed and the attack vanished without a trace.

In the moment it flashed, the brightness in the surrounding area also vanished and dimmed.

With the sudden loss of light, Disciple Xie’s eyesight was greatly impacted and he was unable to see any changes in the surrounding area. And it was in that split moment that Yang Kai acted.

Even though Yang Kai’s sight had also been affected, he could make could out the approximate position of his enemy. Even if that blade couldn’t take a life, it was guaranteed to make his life uncomfortable.

All of Disciple Xie’s attention was focused on the cold, so how could he spare any attention on the incoming death blade?

In the next instant, Disciple Xie’s entire body flashed. Attacked by the cold, his entire body was like an ice block as he furiously revolved his Yuan Qi; he unconsciously shivered. Before he could even take a breath, he felt a piercing pain from his waist; it was like something had stabbed him.

Disciple Xie’s battle experience was plentiful; after all, he was a Separation and Reunion Boundary cultivator. Although his view was partially blocked, he still instinctively kicked towards Yang Kai’s location.

With a muffled grunt, Yang Kai was hit and flew backward.

Both people started to pant really hard. Now, there was no longer a need for Yang Kai to hide anymore.

With his eyesight gradually returning, Disciple Xie looked poisonously at Yang Kai, meanwhile his body shook unconsciously and his hand clasped the wound he had received.

The blade had penetrated quite deeply into his side. Just then, Yang Kai used all of his strength to make the stab. And because Disciple Xie had to use a fair amount of Yuan Qi to defend against the cold, how could he spare any defences to block that stab?

“It’s you!” After confirming Yang Kai’s identity, Disciple Xie’s face momentarily lit up. Just then, various possibilities had run through his mind. One possibility was that either Yuan Lang or Junior Brother Wu had mounted a sneak attack. Eliminating him when they had the chance; fellow Disciples killing each other was quite normal after all. Another possibility was that that female had attacked him with the intention to kill. Or another unlikely possibility was that within this mountain valley, there was another group of people.

But no matter what, he would have never thought that the attacker was actually someone they had determined to be a sheep on the cutting board; Yang Kai.

He he! Slowly rising, Yang Kai smiled maliciously and stretched arm which had taken the kick. After confirming that nothing big had happened, he began to walk fearlessly, step by step, over. At present, Disciple Xie was a crossbow at the end of its rope.

“How could it be…” Disciple Xie’s face quickly paled.

“Although I don’t know what you are flabbergasted about, I presume that this situation differs greatly from what you anticipated.” Yang Kai replied, laughing coldly.

“We…” Lowering his head to look down, Disciple Xie’s face revealed his surprise. “That is Junior Brother Wu’s sword.”

“That’s right. He is already dead. Now it’s your turn!”

“Turns out we had all been fooled by you!” With this realization, an intense sense of humiliation and unwillingness burst out from Disciple Xie’s heart.

When Senior Brother Cai death under Yang Kai’s hands, they could still say it was due to the secret artifact’s might. But now, he himself would die under Yang Kai’s hand.

Your father is a Separation and Reunion Boundary practitioner! Now, he would actually be killed by a practitioner at the Initial Element Stage. What logic is this? Stifling, this was extremely stifling.

Crying out Wa, an arrow of blood streamed out from Disciple Xie’s mouth, he was depressed to the limit. The wound on his body, the mental humiliation, combined they had made him haggard and he was left with no chance to redeem himself.

“I don’t have any grudges or enmities with you, but since you came knocking, then don’t blame me for being ruthless!” His face cold, Yang Kai walked up and struck out.

Disciple Xie was like the final radiance from a dying sun, his eyes glittering many times brighter. Forcibly extracting the blade from his side, he used it to slice towards Yang Kai.

Crouching down, Yang Kai sent out a hook punch to Disciple Xie’s chin, crushing it to pieces. Flying backward from the momentum, he then proceeded to smash heavily into the Earth.

Not allowing him any more chances to resist, Yang Kai followed up with two more punches containing his Yuan Qi, leaving Disciple Xie completely at his mercy.

Standing back, he sneered. “You want to play with crafty plots and machinations; well I am your grandfather!”

His eyes clear, Disciple Xie wanted to appear weak and helpless before dealing the killing blow to Yang Kai.

But Yang Kai had long been prepared for it. Even rabbits will lash out when cornered, let alone a martial practitioner. Before the enemy was completely dead, any mistakes and the lowering of one’s guard would result in death.

After killing him, Yang Kai searched around for anything useful. Unfortunately, there wasn’t much, only two more bottles of pills and some money.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: AP/DC
Estimate: Wall level

Smashes the ground that it cracks and sends rocks flying as high as Forests

94oiQc9.jpeg

The feat in the novel: Does not exist

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Resistance, Regeneration

Breaks out of Hypnosis, also, once reaching higher power will be able to revive if only his soul remains

KY0zCu1.jpeg

8PSkiVn.jpeg

VRXbUyD.jpeg

The feat in the novel

“I have been watching you and noticed that you are injured. Do you seek revenge? Do you wish to make sure that the person who injured you will be afraid of you? To know that you are no common pushover?” The coarse voice speculated. It sounded like a demon’s soothing melody playing it Yang Kai’s ears. He furrowed his brows and interrupted, “Hold on for a moment, I’m thinking!”

“You heart holds a deep hatred buried inside. A hatred others cannot see or imagine. You want to get stronger. You want to make sure that everyone who has ever looked down on you will regret their actions. Isn’t it?”

Yang Kai was trying to keep calm, but anger soon replaced it, driven and encouraged only by excitement from the thought of the sheer power he could receive. His forehead wrinkled and he looked as though he was struggling. Though what the voice said was somewhat wrong in terms of morality, it spoke correctly. Yang Kai truly felt as such deep down inside.

Yang Kai spoke in a soft but strong quivering voice, “That’s right…”

“If you wish so, just nod and this old man will give you my inheritance! Isn’t this a great opportunity for you to get back at them?” The voice continued. “Are you willing to decline such an opportunity? Just a simple nod.”

“If you let go of this chance, make sure that you will not regret it.”

The voice messages Yang Kai in consecutive pulses, causing him to feel confused as he was slowly being misled.

You could see the confusion in his eyes; as his head swayed slightly. His lips were opening and closing as though he wishes to accept this opportunity. Then, Yang Kai’s confusion turned to determination. His face now changed to that of a person who felt fear and on his forehead were droplets of cold sweat.

The opposing person with no knowledge of what Yang Kai has just done asked once again, “Well? What do you choose?”

Noticing that Yang Kai has no reaction now, the coarse voice sounded surprised, “To think you are willing to bite your own tongue to awaken yourself! What impressive willpower!”

“Who are you?! And what technique did you use to manipulate my mind just now?” Snorted Yang Kai.

Last edited:

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Category: Resistance, Souldestruction

Can resists being controlled through soultechniques, can destroy invading souls

vr1EiNx.jpeg

F7cr9Ww.jpeg

wqDL3wo.jpeg

wqt8OJ7.jpeg

The feat in the novel

“Enough. You may have been right, but you chose the wrong skeleton to attack!” The voice complacently gibed as the bead suddenly dimmed and an illusionary face emerged from the bead, brimming with Black Qi. The face looked terrifying; as though it was an evil spirit with little to no concern for life, as though it killed anything it wanted without blinking an eye.

The Immortal Soul was not inside the skeleton. It was inside the bead that created light!

Yang Kai was about to strike the menacing bead, but the new face opened its mouth as a piercing howl deafened Yang Kai. It made his mind feel like it was pierced with a million needles!

Yang Kai knew then that the skeleton did not lie. The result of the attack by the skeleton is only one piece of evidence of possibly countless more that proves his ability to forcefully take his body from him.

While the Immortal Soul continued to seep into Yang Kai’s body, he heard a maniacal laughter from his own chest.

Yang Kai’s body grew stiff and trembled with the struggle as he speedily lost control over it.

“Ha! Ignorant young boy, it was delusional to think that you can resist me. Watch as I wipe away your consciousness and occupy your body!” Chortled the invasive voice that now came from Yang Kai’s guts.

Yang Kai was startled, but he had no intention of yielding.

“Yes… Your body is, unfortunately, quite weak. I will use it to seek a better and stronger body later. Do not worry, when I have taken it from you, any hatred you may feel towards others will be settled by me. Just be obedient and stop resisting. It will save you the pain and save me the time!”

“Dream on!” Yang Kai thought.

“Why do you still revolt? It is good fortune to be liked by this old man. Why are you not content?” The face heard Yang Kai’s voice from within his heart and smiled. “Since you are not willing to concede, this old man has no choice but to erase your consciousness. You will realize how painful it is to have your consciousness wiped away. No average man can handle such pain and remain normal.”

Yang Kai’s head suddenly felt like it was hit by a sledgehammer. The pain was a million times as before. It was excruciating, so much that Yang Kai let out a shrill and ear-splitting screech! His clothes quickly turned damp from his sweat and his body convulsed like a seizure.

“Since you were who chose to suffer, you have no right to complain,” The old man snorted.

Yang Kai could feel his consciousness fade away like a waterfall flowing. His vision would flicker as he endured the pain. His eyes turned bloodshot as the boy held on, unwilling to give up.

“What?” The old man sounded off in surprise. “You are still able to resist me. How strange…”

While the old man spoke, Yang Kai could feel his own bones transmitting a warm sensation as his own Immortal Soul slowly stabilized. The pain was also greatly reduced.

Suddenly, a huge suction occurred in his mind.

“What is this?” The old man was struck by panic and squealed with confusion. “What is this?! This is not what I wanted! Nooo!”

The old man’s pitiful yell slowly fades as Yang Kai regained the senses in his mind. He could feel that something was imbued into his golden bones.

When the pain vanished and Yang Kai could feel his body again, he took a deep, long breath.

The Immortal Soul attack lasted only for ten seconds, but to Yang Kai it felt like a century. Putting up such resistance against the Immortal Soul attack only emboldened Yang Kai’s willpower.

A sad and miserable voice could be heard, and like a mouse meeting a cat, the shivering and frightened voice profusely begged for mercy.

When Yang Kai noticed the golden bones within his body, he found a face now within them, filled with nothing but fear.

“Young hero. Great young hero, this old man made a mistake. Please forgive me and let me leave and I will never do this again.” The old man sounded desperate as he pleaded. The old man did not know what happened to him, but could feel eyes filled with evil staring at him, waiting to devour him; just like how a ravenous neanderthal would stare at a delicious meal.

Yang Kai’s looked strange.

The last time he was in the Nine Yin Mountain, the golden bones absorbed half of the Nine Yin Congealing Yuan Nectar and stored it within himself, waiting to be used for when Yang Kai breaks through the True Element Boundary.

Today, the golden bones managed to absorb the old man!

Although Yang Kai knew that the golden bones were capable of absorbing energies besides Yang Attribute, he had not imagined that it was even remotely capable of absorbing others’ Immortal Soul!

The Immortal Souls of cultivators is also considered to be energy. In fact, they made almost entirely of energy. With regards to the golden bones, it should come as no surprise that such energy could be easily absorbed.

While the voice continued to beg and wail, Yang Kai revolves True Yang Secret Arts slowly. During the process, the old man began to feel his whole Immortal Soul burn with scorching, pure energy.

The old man pitifully exclaimed, “What are you doing? Stop. Please!”

Hearing a slight response from his voice, the old man knew then that Yang Kai was experimenting.

“Young Hero, please don’t do this. You will only be extinguishing my Immortal Soul…”

Yang Kai was dauntless. He continued to revolve True Yang Secret Art. As time passed, the pleading voice dwindled and became softer and weaker. The old man implored Yang Kai for the entirety of the revolving. He dared not stop, in hopes that Yang Kai would change his mind.

As he estimated, Yang Kai soon stopped revolving and returned his focus to the golden body.

“Many thanks, gracious Young Hero, for showing mercy!” The old man waited for some time to restore his Yuan Qi and shuddered with fear while expressing his gratitude.

Last edited:
Back