Yugioh: Joey vs Zane

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Well if we're using 8000LP with anime effects, the LP at least lowers the chance of Jonouchi just getting OTK'ed off the bat significantly. :maybe

With that said though, I really don't see Jonouchi beating Ryo. This will effectively be the Battle for the Bronze vs Kaiba all over again only without anime crush card virus shenanigans.

Luka

Polarized Noob
This is my first time looking at battle grounds ever, so idk how things work here. Just saw a fun topic.
Looking at there respective decks, Zane should just win here. I don't think Joey can out a 2100 beater. If we're not using the anime decks and instead using modern counterparts, Zane still wins. Cydra has just like, a higher power level than Red-Eyes, the thing Joey is most known for in general.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
This is my first time looking at battle grounds ever, so idk how things work here. Just saw a fun topic.
Looking at there respective decks, Zane should just win here. I don't think Joey can out a 2100 beater.
Graceful/Skull dice combo could potentially fuck up any of Ryo's monsters for a single battle, assuming Ryo doesn't just use Limiter Removal to counter it. Time Wizard is always an option as well.

He has Gilford the Lightning to clear Ryo's field of monsters and Jinzo to shut down traps, though I don't recall Ryo being too trap reliant so it probably wont affect much. Claw of Hermos/Time Wizard fusion can remove Ryo's monsters for multiple turns.

Jonouchi definitely has options to hang in there, albeit Chimeratech Overdragon would probably be a GG due to multiple attacks.
If we're not using the anime decks and instead using modern counterparts, Zane still wins. Cydra has just like, a higher power level than Red-Eyes, the thing Joey is most known for in general.
Which is ironic considering Jonouchi didn't even have Red Eyes for the majority of his duels in the OG series, even counting anime filler. For the most part, he used warriors/beast warriors so if we're using modern stuff he'd get the new Flame Swordsman stuff.

Fubuki/Atticus is the one who'd get the full on Red-Eyes deck.

Back