• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Zinv (Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure) vs Sideways (Transformers)

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
After like a damn year I think I finally found a fair match for Sideways
This is Zinv with Light Hawk Wings and Sideways with the Omega Lock as he used in Echoes and Fragments.
at21Ev7.gif

tumblr_nphmvfwPQ01u3xw8do2_500.gif

Gonna equalize speed because quite frankly I have absolutely no clue where this Sideways should sit in regards to that.

Battle takes place in CD's newly refurbished 0.5 car garage

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
This version of Sideways accomplished a very similar thing as part of a bet he had with a guy named Gong

Deep in the core of Cybertron, Gong stretched forth his senses, connecting to the Omega Locks that kept Cybertron's place in the cosmos stable. He mused on Cybertron's unique nature, a stable axis upon which a universe spun. No wonder Unicron in all its incarnations sought its destruction. Gong favored no such carnage, merely seeking mischief. He found the frequency at which the one-dimensional strings that make up all of this particular reality vibrate, then, ever so gently, he nudged them towards that of his home dimension. The change would be invisible to the natives. As far as they were concerned, the conjoined reality would be their history, their reality. He giggled to himself, wondering what changes were taking place on the surface of Cybertron and beyond.

Gong merges the history of two universes together.
In another reality, Sideways made his way past Van Guard and Defendor, guarding an entrance to Old Gobotron. It was here, in the most ancient part of the planet, that Sideways would find what he sought. The Omega Locks, ancient artifacts predating the evolution of the GoBeings, were in reality a small part of the essence of Primus, that ancient--he supposed 'god' was the only apt descriptor--ancient god who had inhabited their world, subtly guided the GoBeings into the forms they had at present, that they might one day be able to battle the Chaos Bringer. Sideways had felt this reality's substrate waver and grow insubstantial as it was tapped by the Primax reality Gong was currently toying with.Well, two could play at that game! He dodged the ancient, shambling GoBot Wrecks and some pitiful mutants, then entered the chamber and allowed himself to become one with the Locks, intent on disrupting the new reality equilibrium Gong had established. "Time to make things interesting!"

* * * * *The uneasy fabric of reality again shifted, as a constant in the distant reality imprinting itself upon this universe flipped a sign. In an instant, the inhabitants became participants in a never-ending struggle between heroic Guardians and evil Decepticons! A crucial battle raged in that war, one whose fate might determine the fate of their entire reality, though none present knew the stakes were quite so high.
Sideways responds by, essentially doing the same thing but altering the merged history to something else.
Vector Prime couldn't believe how foolishly, foolishly and recklessly, Gong and Sideways were behaving. Cybertron was one of the axes on which the local multiversal sector spun. To link two realities where one was threatened by Unicron risked not just a single reality, but vast reality swaths. True, Unicron was fated to be destroyed, but who knew how the Gargent influx would change things? At any moment, the Autobots and Decepticons could go careening off-script.
Vector Prime also believed their actions on the two universes put many others at risk.

Now durability wise, Zinv should have the advantage no doubt, but Sideways does have a useful defense in his Trans-Phase mode
Sideways dropped his trans-phase mode and reentered perceptible reality. Unpowered, the bars of the cage were simple steel, and he battered them aside as if they weren't even there. The two Guardians fired off bolts at him, but he grabbed Twister and slammed him into Heat Seeker, knocking both unconscious. Then he slipped out of the Gobotron Fortress, enveloped himself in trans-phase energy, and transited to another universe

It is normally portrayed as a nanite-like intangibility, but this version of Sideways could use it to shift his body out of physical reality.

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
This version of Sideways accomplished a very similar thing as part of a bet he had with a guy named Gong

Gong merges the history of two universes together.

Sideways responds by, essentially doing the same thing but altering the merged history to something else.

Vector Prime also believed their actions on the two universes put many others at risk.

Now durability wise, Zinv should have the advantage no doubt, but Sideways does have a useful defense in his Trans-Phase mode

It is normally portrayed as a nanite-like intangibility, but this version of Sideways could use it to shift his body out of physical reality.
I thought there was only one Sideways on Transformers multiverse.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I thought there was only one Sideways on Transformers multiverse.
there’s a bunch of pretty much everyone in Transformers, though what makes Sideways unique is that he isn’t any kind of shared consciousness at all like the gods….all Sideways’ across existence just agree that they wanna fuck up things for everyone else. They also lie a lot and claim to be each other. It gets very confusing

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh shit wrong thread

But holy shit I was just thinking about Dual (anime unleashed nostalgia)

Whats Sideways speed lookin like?
Iirc Zinvs ftl but to an unknown degree. LHW should being automatic help him but if Sideways geta initiative it might not matter

(I was so tired last night I forgot to press enter for this post lmao)

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I equalized speed because I wasn’t sure entirely where Sideways sits, but he does have some back and forth with one of Vector Prime’s bodies in this story, so ftl is a safe bet at least in terms of reactions/combat

I think Zinv is more impressive in raw feats but Sideways is at least comparable, and pretty versatile in his own right

Back