Official 2024 Mafia Host Queue

Info

Poyser

I've changed to add whether the game will be RANKED or UNRANKED (Casual/SRM/High RM). I've obviously used some educated guesses for the games currently in the queue, but please let me know if I've got it wrong and you'd prefer your game to be opposite of what I have you down as. @Aurelian @Flower @Psychic @Aries @Ekkologix @Fujishiro @T-Pein™ @Ultra @Grammaton

If you want your game to be ranked then I would strongly prefer it if you got your setup checked over by somebody else before you hosted it. This can change as we all become more familiar with each other and whether you become trusted by the majority to make balanced games on your own. Ranked games will be light RM or vanilla generally. You can include more roles than average if you want but you MUST make some kind of effort to have it balanced. We want the focus to be on gameplay and skill over roles.

If you are running UNRANKED games, you can feel free to run your game alongside a ranked game if you wish. However, NO MORE than 2 games are to be run at the same time.

I'd prefer we didn't spam with signup threads, so please only post your signup thread once the game before you on the list has started. If we run ranked and unranked games side by side, then this means there should only really be a maximum of 2 signup threads open at any one time. If your game is UNRANKED, you can wait for the current RANKED game to be over if you so wish (if you want to maximise exposure etc) before you start.

Aries

Illustrious
My games will be unranked, I try to keep my games as balanced as possible but I've never considered my games to be a test of a players skill. It's always centered around the roles/mechanics being fun to try out and play.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I can let Poyser or Aries or Sigismund and Ultra determine if my game will be ranked or not. I'm a fan of role-madness because I enjoy it being unpredictable and not set to vanilla standards.

Poyser

I can let Poyser or Aries or Sigismund and Ultra determine if my game will be ranked or not. I'm a fan of role-madness because I enjoy it being unpredictable and not set to vanilla standards.
If you think it’s gonna be wild then probably best to say it’s unranked so you don’t have to cramp your own artistic vision for your game. If you do wanna get it ranked then having someone like ultra try and help you balance it would work (unless he’s in the game haha, then might have to be someone else)

RDK

Marvelous
Are we going to allow Ranked and Unranked games to run simultaneously and if not can we make sure they alternate so we don't have back to back unranked games as I get the feeling a good amount of people won't play those

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
If you think it’s gonna be wild then probably best to say it’s unranked so you don’t have to cramp your own artistic vision for your game. If you do wanna get it ranked then having someone like ultra try and help you balance it would work (unless he’s in the game haha, then might have to be someone else)
Probably safer to just go Unranked then tbh.

Poyser

Are we going to allow Ranked and Unranked games to run simultaneously and if not can we make sure they alternate so we don't have back to back unranked games as I get the feeling a good amount of people won't play those
Yea unranked can run alongside ranked games

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
My Vanilla games will generally be ranked and open setup. My RM games likely not since I don‘t trust myself to make those completely balanced.

Poyser

My Vanilla games will generally be ranked and open setup. My RM games likely not since I don‘t trust myself to make those completely balanced.
You could always try and get them checked by someone else too if you’re not confident

Aries

Illustrious
I think unranked games should be Super Role Madness/ Role Madness games that rely more on the hosts creativity than the game rules itself. I think it's a misconception to assume all SRM games are unbalanced, plenty of SRM games I've seen that are balanced and well thought off.

The reason they should be unranked is because these types of games stray from the usual Mafia game formula. At times it's more rpg with Mafia mechanics, Unranked games should be hosts cutting loose and being creative with their game set ups.

While ranked games should be grounded and be based on actual established Mafia roles or game types.

If we go forward with my big 4 section events I propose Ranked games get 2 big events and unranked gets 2 big events aswell

RDK

Marvelous
Ranked games should come with close to a guarantee that playing isn't going to be a complete waste of anyone's time. They don't have to be perfect by any means, but they shouldn't be a complete waste of time. That's a pretty good way to look at it in my opinion.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
I've changed to add whether the game will be RANKED or UNRANKED (Casual/SRM/High RM). I've obviously used some educated guesses for the games currently in the queue, but please let me know if I've got it wrong and you'd prefer your game to be opposite of what I have you down as. @Aurelian @Flower @Psychic @Aries @Ekkologix @Fujishiro @T-Pein™ @Ultra @Grammaton

If you want your game to be ranked then I would strongly prefer it if you got your setup checked over by somebody else before you hosted it. This can change as we all become more familiar with each other and whether you become trusted by the majority to make balanced games on your own. Ranked games will be light RM or vanilla generally. You can include more roles than average if you want but you MUST make some kind of effort to have it balanced. We want the focus to be on gameplay and skill over roles.

If you are running UNRANKED games, you can feel free to run your game alongside a ranked game if you wish. However, NO MORE than 2 games are to be run at the same time.

I'd prefer we didn't spam with signup threads, so please only post your signup thread once the game before you on the list has started. If we run ranked and unranked games side by side, then this means there should only really be a maximum of 2 signup threads open at any one time. If your game is UNRANKED, you can wait for the current RANKED game to be over if you so wish (if you want to maximise exposure etc) before you start.

Mine will be ranked

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
if 'I sign up now I can host somewhere near may correct??
I don't know exactly:

- not sure about Evans situation
- I let Flower go ahead of me
- My game is after hers

My game is next since I let Flower skip ahead when I wasn't sure yet of my set up with the RM/SRM stuff. Evans is currently MIA I think due to IRL stuff.

Back