Anime is the best medium and here's why

Bob74h

The Supreme King
Live action would be limited by actors, It prevents certain expressions or body posturing that could be needed for a scene to work
Also you cant get iconic looks typically as your bound by the actors and if your doing cgi, It might aswell just be done in a animated format anyway

Video games have some problems as they work more as game which means they are not cohesive to tell a story and are often limiting in that regard like take kakarot where 17 and 18 are plot wise supposed to utterly destroy gohan but they cant as the game needs you to win from a gameplay perspective.
There's also other issues with games such as them suffering from accessibility issues where they become hard to obtain both due to price and the things required just to use one contrast that with anime where it's fairly easy to get ahold of.

Radio and text based formats like books
both of these formats suffer from the lack of visual expression which means it's impossible to give a setting or character real definable looks beyond maybe a cover or statement in the book itself which helps but needing to desdesribe details while necessary because of the format clogs up time which could be better spent if it was within a visual medium such as animated works like anime

Comic and manga have the same problems as books wherein the lack of visuals really do prevent the medium from getting far especially when most titles in this format are action based something that requires pretty precise idea on how things are moving about and that can be very hard to do with still images also this is something that live action and animated media have over everything else that being sound design like you cant pump up a hype moment with music fitting that tone nor can you have somber music to fit a sad tone

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
look all i'm saying is that you aren't doing justice to the medium (animation in general) if your one example is dragonball z

Bob74h

The Supreme King
I personally read manga because it just quicker for me then to watch 30-45 minutes episode
Manga can be quicker or faster depending how fast, you can read. there's no real set run time
Manga just lacks, The more defined understanding that anime has like because it's done in panels right, you often cant tell where characters are with relation to one another and how long certain actions take which is very important when your story is action based and requires communication of things without the use of wors

Es_

Straight Silver
Live action would be limited by actors, It prevents certain expressions or body posturing that could be needed for a scene to work
Also you cant get iconic looks typically as your bound by the actors and if your doing cgi, It might aswell just be done in a animated format anyway

Video games have some problems as they work more as game which means they are not cohesive to tell a story and are often limiting in that regard like take kakarot where 17 and 18 are plot wise supposed to utterly destroy gohan but they cant as the game needs you to win from a gameplay perspective.
There's also other issues with games such as them suffering from accessibility issues where they become hard to obtain both due to price and the things required just to use one contrast that with anime where it's fairly easy to get ahold of.

Radio and text based formats like books
both of these formats suffer from the lack of visual expression which means it's impossible to give a setting or character real definable looks beyond maybe a cover or statement in the book itself which helps but needing to desdesribe details while necessary because of the format clogs up time which could be better spent if it was within a visual medium such as animated works like anime

Comic and manga have the same problems as books wherein the lack of visuals really do prevent the medium from getting far especially when most titles in this format are action based something that requires pretty precise idea on how things are moving about and that can be very hard to do with still images also this is something that live action and animated media have over everything else that being sound design like you cant pump up a hype moment with music fitting that tone nor can you have somber music to fit a sad tone
No

Maddie

Acclaimed
This is going to age real badly in ten years when anime has become fully woke.

We already see it in the west with localizations, and soon they're going after the Japanese.
Apparently the cultural subversion types are setting up lefty art schools recently in Japan

Bob74h

The Supreme King
Doubt anyone will remember this forum in ten years letalone anything done by me in that time, idk about the leftist takeover thing as i'll still hold the same interests even if leftists dislike that.
I'd still watch digimon and naruto in all likelihood so they can cry about it being hyper sexual or whatever, Wont change anything for me

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon

We already see it in the west with localizations, and soon they're going after the Japanese.
Localizations exist in a vacuum to Japanese pop-culture and media. They are alien to it, it has no impact for years now how 'woke' the anime distribution and streaming/localization scene is in the West to Japan itself. I don't think its gonna make an impact at any rate because Japan is still pretty much in a protective status that doesn't kowtow to those kind of people demanding certain intersectionality or representation in their media because they simply do NOT care. Japanese twitter mocks it, Japanese artists, animators, mangaka, and writers mock it, it won't happen any time soon.

That said this is the reason why I prefer Japanese games to western ones.
This said this it the reason why I prefer tokusatsu to western live action movies and shows for the most part.
This said this is the reason why I prefer Japanese media and anime/manga in general; you can have stories where random European, Middle Eastern, and Christian folk heroes and mythological figures are fighting each other to get a magical wish granted or anime style documentaries done in a whimsical style on paralleling historical events or just plain enjoying Japanese folklore itself.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Localizations exist in a vacuum to Japanese pop-culture and media. They are alien to it, it has no impact for years now how 'woke' the anime distribution and streaming/localization scene is in the West to Japan itself. I don't think its gonna make an impact at any rate because Japan is still pretty much in a protective status that doesn't kowtow to those kind of people demanding certain intersectionality or representation in their media because they simply do NOT care. Japanese twitter mocks it, Japanese artists, animators, mangaka, and writers mock it, it won't happen any time soon.

That said this is the reason why I prefer Japanese games to western ones.
This said this it the reason why I prefer tokusatsu to western live action movies and shows for the most part.
This said this is the reason why I prefer Japanese media and anime/manga in general; you can have stories where random European, Middle Eastern, and Christian folk heroes and mythological figures are fighting each other to get a magical wish granted or anime style documentaries done in a whimsical style on paralleling historical events or just plain enjoying Japanese folklore itself.
I would agree if not for the fact we already see the onset of it as early on as 2018 with Zombieland Saga, and it being in favor of letting children have gender transitions. There's a lot of backlash from the Japanese, Japanese artists, animators, and mangaka. However, it is bad enough that the latter has had to form group efforts to counteract it. As institutionally Japanese actually has a vocal group of feminists and "progressives." They're a minority but the problem is how loud they are. Just like in the west. They complain 24/7 until they get what they want.

Of course it will take a long time, but that's why I said ten years or so. That's probably when it will become more glaringly obvious. They have to indoctrinate the next generation first. That's how they work. They hijack educational departments in order to spin their narrative, and get themselves some loyal drones to regurgitate their bile.

Even if they fail in the next ten years? They will keep pushing it until the decade after that one. Due to the fact they tend to be sore losers.

Back