Are you where you thought you'd be in life?

Delta Shell

Preeminent
Did you have an idea of what you thought your life would look like when you were younger?

How does it look now in comparison and how do you feel about it?

Reactions: Ral

Sweet Jeff

damn i’m beautiful
V.I.P. Member
I am no where near what I thought I’d be when I was younger, but that’s not to say I’m disappointed. It’s more that my original idea / plan was unrealistic.

I’m currently happy. I have a roof over my head, all my bills are paid in advance so I’m never stressed about that, I have a lot of good friends who I can count on, and I’m pretty free to do what I want and spend what I want. And while I wasn’t happy with my job for the longest time, finally after a lot of hard work and late nights of back breaking labor, I’ve been rewarded and am in a position many people would cherish in my job field. I’ve realized things don’t always play out how you want them to or imagined them but I’ve got a lot to be thankful for and I try to remember that when things do get tough.

EagleGSU

Illustrious
I was hoping I'd have found a get rich quick investment by now that would have netted me millions. But I'm doing alright, my business is doing alright, but getting older sucks.

I have nothing really to complain about. I'm pretty fortunate compared to most people. Still a long way from retiring at the beach, or in the mountains somewhere.

About 3 floors lower but still not in the basement.

pp,504x498-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Jesse Pinkman

Preeminent
Probably not happy with my current job but thats how i feel when i join another IT shop . The initial euphoria wearsout and company politics takesover .

I am planning to transition to be technical trainer and i suck at teaching . I got bad reviews at Java programming class i was teaching online . So i need to improve lol.

ZenithXAbyss

Illustrious
No.
I work as a PIC in the construction industry and it's been tough maintaining a job due to the pandemic and all the lockdowns imposed in our country.

Had to move on from 2 jobs due to lack/shortage of projects since the pandemic first hit.

Kaigainiki

ホンカ・ドンカ・バドンカス
V.I.P. Member
You know, even when I was young I would quickly dart from one interest to another. Which is great for discovery in a sense, but not so much actually figuring what you want to do with your life.

Yeah, I still don't know what the fuck I'm doing. lol

Baka

Byronic Hero
GFX Designer
i never thought about it much

but

i didn't write a line of code until i was in college, ended up with a masters in compsci

i barely drew at all as a kid/teen, now drawing is my single greatest passion

so i guess no

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i never knew where i wanted to end up in life and got caught up in making decisions out of pressure that i didn't actually care for. but the sad truth is that i don't really know what direction i want my life to take because i don't particularly care. maybe someday!

ZenithXAbyss

Illustrious
i never knew where i wanted to end up in life and got caught up in making decisions out of pressure that i didn't actually care for. but the sad truth is that i don't really know what direction i want my life to take because i don't particularly care. maybe someday!
don't worry, everyone goes through that phase.

it's funny because I picked civil engineering as my program, because I thought the word civil is cool.

The Most Adminfuckable

I’m a cutie wootie please give me more adminfucks
Honestly, no fucking idea.
I had a pretty good and stable job that I actually love, a really good work environment where I'm pretty much the #1 with little effort, high income compared to the avg here, other benefits that most don't enjoy. It is kind of the job I dreamed about as a child. And yet I am leaving it all to flee this shit hole of a place and embarking on a new journey into the unknown later on this year due to.. reasons. I have been battling it out for months now and I've come to a decision recently. Tomorrow is actually my last day in the job.
My plans certainly did not include paying all my savings just to start from zero somewhere else. I find it unlikely that I will be able to duplicate these work conditions as an expat. So yeah, no fucking idea. For now that is.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I'm better off cause I thought I'd be aimless and nowhere still.

My brain never really gelled with the financial self improvement thing, I just want a simple life with people I love, to cook great food, and to enjoy nature. Seeing as that's the primary motivator to get better careers and even suffer through shitty jobs I felt lost and stuck for a very very long time.

Someone posted interview with the devil on NF a while back and for some reason it clicked. It doesn't matter how soul suckingly tedious and miserable most work is because it's equally tedious and miserable to do nothing at all.

There were so many things I wanted and all you're told all your life is that you'll figure it out in time. That time passes though and you stay stuck where you were.

Finally I decided that the thought of a life filled with more stressful tedium wouldn't stop me from achieving a less tedious life.

I did a job I always thought I could never do. I did it until I met my bf and changed course to make money faster.

I did things that I told myself were too hard, or would cost me too much sanity and enjoyment. I'm close to my ultimate goal now and there will only be more to conquer on the other side.

Look out life, Nep Nep has a boot for your fucking throat and you're gonna give me what I want now. Shove your scraps up your ass.

Back