Arturia Pendragon (Fate) vs Takamichi Nanoha (Lyrical Nanoha)

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Because fuck debating on Discord :zaru

The two start on opposite ends of Fuyuki city

Assume Saber can fight at full capacity and Nanoha hasn't blown out her Linker Core from the Vivio fight

Round 1: Saber Arturia vs StrikerS Nanoha

Round 2: Saber Arturia vs Force Nanoha

Round 3: Lancer Arturia vs both versions at once :maybe

Bonus Round: MHXX vs the entire verse

@Xhominid The Fool @Zetta @ChaosTheory123 @Masterblack06

Alright fine, here you go.

Debunking the ridiculous "slow speed" myth.

CT's Grail Mud/Chaos Tide/Primordial Sea Feat thread in which the destruction it at all requires the equivalent amount of energy to destroy the World.

Artoria destroyed that and even with the Seals retcon, nothing stated she needed all 13 seals or anything.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The fuck is country level supposed to do to a non gimped Seiba ?

This came out of a discord argument revolving around "Saber loses to Gil who lost to a 16-year old"

Discord is stupid so I decided this would be a better way to grant greater context :zaru

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So the original argument is basically "Nanoha flies and launches heavy bombardment from a distance, thus countering Saber"

The counter argument is that Saber is faster via current FGO scaling (thanks to the Dioscuri making at least relativistic speeds the norm) and can shoot her down with Excalibur. And also that her MR nullifies Nanoha's magic blasts.

Zetta

Hyper Weapon
Of course, it did what Discord does and devolved into "but in the VN humans can see Servants fight" and such :skully

I can't really argue in favour of Nanoha since I haven't read/seen all the Nanoha stuff. I will however argue against this weirdass conclusion that Fate is somehow light speed. In my opinion, you're basing all of this on a translation of FGO from that one fight against Dioscuri. Not only is it questionable considering it could be a liberal translation (could you bring up the Japanese text for this btw?) but it would be such a massive goddamn outlier compared to the rest of canon that it just doesn't make sense. To argue this, I will be limiting myself to works written directly by Kinoko Nasu (as opposed to things like FGO descriptions/scenes and the manga adaptations). This is because Fate has dozens of writers whom contradict each other. It makes sense then to take the main and original writer as the highest source of canon and others as as secondary (as per OBD rules).

Some arguments:

The parameter system:

The parameter stats representing stats in Fate has been set in stone since the original VN. All works based on Fate follow this system, even FGO. The rules for this system were explained on page 70 in Fate/Side Materials, the guide which shipped with the first edition of the game which contains a trove of lore and explanation left out of the VN. It compares servant stat parameters to normal humans. It's very clear on how it scales. If a normal human's stat is a 1, a servant at F rank for that stat is a 10. So a servant with an F rank in strength has the strength of 10 people. Considering an average human easily lift over 100kg, an F rank strength servant could lift a ton. A rank is 50 times a normal human. Plusses mean it can temporally be boosted beyond their normal limit (like how A++ can go from base 50 to 200 when boosted). EX is then meant to be immeasurable. An example would be Enuma Elish which obviously can't be quantified. More info here.

For the sake of argument, let's grab the strongest version of Saber in canon, which is Kiritsugu's Saber. You can compare all summoning instances of Saber here. Notice how Kiritsugu's saber is well beyond Moon Cell Saber, Rin's Saber and Fujimaru's saber in stats. Her stats with quantifications are as follows:

• Strength: A. 50 times a normal human aka she can casually lift about 5 tonnes.
  • Endurance: A. 50 times a normal human aka she can sprint for 400 seconds (vs the 8 of a normal person) or six minutes.
  • Agility: A. 50 times a normal human. This is the one we want. This denotes speed. Every speedy servant has a high agility stat. Let's, for the sake of argument, grab the world record sprint of Usain Bolt at a rounded 45 km/h. This gives Saber a sprinting speed of 2250 km/h or 650m/s. This puts Saber at comfortably supersonic (over 343m/s) and still perceivable by the human eye.
  • Agility: A. 50 times a normal human. This is hard to quantify admittedly since what the fuck is a normal human's mana capacity?
  • Luck: D. 20 times a normal human. Saber has 20x more chance of winning a lottery compared to you plebs.
  • NP: A++. Note: NP ranks are mostly used to compare NP's since obviously, humans don't have NP's.
So the official stats gives a pretty clear ballpark for the upper and lower limits of servants. Even at the highest possible value we can quantify (barring EX), a servant at A++ can be 200x a human for a while. Officially, the fastest servant btw is Richard I (True Saber) from Strange Fake due to his ability Godspeed. This increases his speed the longer the fight lasts, therefore being the only servant with EX rank Agility. Dioscuri btw has B rank in agility based on their parameters in Fate Apocrypha and FGO so is canonically not even as fast as Arthoria and Medusa in the Fuyuki Holy Grail War. Just to denote why the thing you linked yesterday is obviously either a mistake or an outlier.

The actual visual novel:

I can debunk this entire thing with literally the first fight in the franchise. Cu Chulainn vs EMIYA at the school during the prologue.

Entire scene is told from Rin's point of view. Rin never mentions using magic to augment her sight. In fact, EMIYA tells her not to interfere since he has something to prove to her. She is completely able to follow a fight between EMIYA and Cu Chulainn. Note that Cu has an agility of A and EMIYA C. Considering Cu was obviously holding back most of the fight, we can assume he was lowering his speed to match EMIYA's C. The fight would be at about 375m/s which would be barely supersonic. Rin (and most humans) would be able to follow this fight. This follows their later rematch where Medea's vast mana supplies augmented his stats to the point where Cu had to fight him seriously.

YSZ8KHC.jpg

She is not only able to follow the fight, but can hear Cu speaking and perceives increases in his thrusting speed. This implies she can accurately guage shifts in the combat speed, which would obviously be impossible if they were moving at speeds faster than the human eye can see (1000m/s for a bullet-sized object, obviously WAY higher for human-sized objects).

6XtZEAx.jpg

Moreover, the sounds of their fight can be heard clearly. This implies they are not making sonic boom with their movements. As EMIYA is only barely supersonic at max according to his stats and Cu was fighting carefully in order to sus out EMIYA, it makes sense that for most of the fight, they would not be moving at that speed.

MiaRDgX.jpg

I have to remind you that is a scene from the VN, which is the highest form of canon. It supercedes a manga based on a gacha based on the VN by several orders.

I don't see how you can refute this as both sources are directly from Nasu's hand while writing the original canon. You would have to find feats in the original VN to do that and those don't exist.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I can't really argue in favour of Nanoha since I haven't read/seen all the Nanoha stuff. I will however argue against this weirdass conclusion that Fate is somehow light speed. In my opinion, you're basing all of this on a translation of FGO from that one fight against Dioscuri. Not only is it questionable considering it could be a liberal translation (could you bring up the Japanese text for this btw?) but it would be such a massive goddamn outlier compared to the rest of canon that it just doesn't make sense. To argue this, I will be limiting myself to works written directly by Kinoko Nasu (as opposed to things like FGO descriptions/scenes and the manga adaptations). This is because Fate has dozens of writers whom contradict each other. It makes sense then to take the main and original writer as the highest source of canon and others as as secondary (as per OBD rules).

Some arguments:

The parameter system:

The parameter stats representing stats in Fate has been set in stone since the original VN. All works based on Fate follow this system, even FGO. The rules for this system were explained on page 70 in Fate/Side Materials, the guide which shipped with the first edition of the game which contains a trove of lore and explanation left out of the VN. It compares servant stat parameters to normal humans. It's very clear on how it scales. If a normal human's stat is a 1, a servant at F rank for that stat is a 10. So a servant with an F rank in strength has the strength of 10 people. Considering an average human easily lift over 100kg, an F rank strength servant could lift a ton. A rank is 50 times a normal human. Plusses mean it can temporally be boosted beyond their normal limit (like how A++ can go from base 50 to 200 when boosted). EX is then meant to be immeasurable. An example would be Enuma Elish which obviously can't be quantified. More info here.

For the sake of argument, let's grab the strongest version of Saber in canon, which is Kiritsugu's Saber. You can compare all summoning instances of Saber here. Notice how Kiritsugu's saber is well beyond Moon Cell Saber, Rin's Saber and Fujimaru's saber in stats. Her stats with quantifications are as follows:

• Strength: A. 50 times a normal human aka she can casually lift about 5 tonnes.
  • Endurance: A. 50 times a normal human aka she can sprint for 400 seconds (vs the 8 of a normal person) or six minutes.
  • Agility: A. 50 times a normal human. This is the one we want. This denotes speed. Every speedy servant has a high agility stat. Let's, for the sake of argument, grab the world record sprint of Usain Bolt at a rounded 45 km/h. This gives Saber a sprinting speed of 2250 km/h or 650m/s. This puts Saber at comfortably supersonic (over 343m/s) and still perceivable by the human eye.
  • Agility: A. 50 times a normal human. This is hard to quantify admittedly since what the fuck is a normal human's mana capacity?
  • Luck: D. 20 times a normal human. Saber has 20x more chance of winning a lottery compared to you plebs.
  • NP: A++. Note: NP ranks are mostly used to compare NP's since obviously, humans don't have NP's.
So the official stats gives a pretty clear ballpark for the upper and lower limits of servants. Even at the highest possible value we can quantify (barring EX), a servant at A++ can be 200x a human for a while. Officially, the fastest servant btw is Richard I (True Saber) from Strange Fake due to his ability Godspeed. This increases his speed the longer the fight lasts, therefore being the only servant with EX rank Agility. Dioscuri btw has B rank in agility based on their parameters in Fate Apocrypha and FGO so is canonically not even as fast as Arthoria and Medusa in the Fuyuki Holy Grail War. Just to denote why the thing you linked yesterday is obviously either a mistake or an outlier.

The actual visual novel:

I can debunk this entire thing with literally the first fight in the franchise. Cu Chulainn vs EMIYA at the school during the prologue.

Entire scene is told from Rin's point of view. Rin never mentions using magic to augment her sight. In fact, EMIYA tells her not to interfere since he has something to prove to her. She is completely able to follow a fight between EMIYA and Cu Chulainn. Note that Cu has an agility of A and EMIYA C. Considering Cu was obviously holding back most of the fight, we can assume he was lowering his speed to match EMIYA's C. The fight would be at about 375m/s which would be barely supersonic. Rin (and most humans) would be able to follow this fight. This follows their later rematch where Medea's vast mana supplies augmented his stats to the point where Cu had to fight him seriously.

YSZ8KHC.jpg

She is not only able to follow the fight, but can hear Cu speaking and perceives increases in his thrusting speed. This implies she can accurately guage shifts in the combat speed, which would obviously be impossible if they were moving at speeds faster than the human eye can see (1000m/s for a bullet-sized object, obviously WAY higher for human-sized objects).

6XtZEAx.jpg

Moreover, the sounds of their fight can be heard clearly. This implies they are not making sonic boom with their movements. As EMIYA is only barely supersonic at max according to his stats and Cu was fighting carefully in order to sus out EMIYA, it makes sense that for most of the fight, they would not be moving at that speed.

MiaRDgX.jpg

I have to remind you that is a scene from the VN, which is the highest form of canon. It supercedes a manga based on a gacha based on the VN by several orders.

I don't see how you can refute this as both sources are directly from Nasu's hand while writing the original canon. You would have to find feats in the original VN to do that and those don't exist.
That would hold weight if Nasu didn't decide to introduce 20 tons worth of power creep into the series.

Strange as it may sound, but after 15+ years Fate is legitimately on the same level as Toei DBZ now.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The actual visual novel:

YSZ8KHC.jpg

Except this only debunks ANYTHING if you're operating on the notion that Rin has normal human reaction time.
This is a blatantly, hilariously FALSE premise that is debunked within that SAME FUCKING FIGHT.

2:01:15
"Hah, hah"
"I run from the rooftop to the schoolground is LESS THAN SEVEN SECONDS"
"It is MORE than a hundred metres. My speed is so fast that NORMAL PEOPLE WOULD ONLY SEE A BLUR"

Rin herself can move faster than the eye, with the reactions to match as she can tell where and how fast she's running.

"But that's."
Lancer: "Man those are really good legs. It'll be a waste to kill you here."
...Meaningless against a servant.

And here we have Rin directly stating that moving faster than the human eye can see, is MEANINGLESS against a Servant.

Oh and to top all this off, here's another statement from the same fight.

2:10:48
"In that instant."
"The lance is thrust JUST LIKE A FLASH OF LIGHT."
"It CAN'T EVEN BE SEEN."

IE. Not only is Cu DIRECTLY stated to move at LIGHT SPEED in the VISUAL NOVEL (and this isn't the only time either), which you want to hold as gospel, during an attack which EMIYA blocks. That level of speed was what was actually required to be so fast that Rin couldn't see it.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed

Some arguments:

The parameter system:

The actual visual novel:

YSZ8KHC.jpg

6XtZEAx.jpg

MiaRDgX.jpg

Nigga, you're literally doing what SB is doing.

You're limiting yourself to shit that came out 20 years ago and ignoring everything else that came after .

You're also adressing a strawman, cause what we're saying here is not that people are literally lightspeed, only that they have lightspeed reactions. Which they do.Nobody's arguing that they can consistently move at these speeds.

The Dioscuri shit is not the only thing we're basing this off of since we also have shit like Emiya Alter reacting to Melt in the CCC event, Gawain reacting to Virgin Laser Palladion in the Foxtail manga, Mash reacting to lasers, Arhimedes literally having a light speed NP and people are still somehow beating him despite all that speed, Moondrives in Extella flat out are LS based on the mats and there's other examples.

You have literal non Servant mooks having near Relativistic feats .

You're not debunking shit .

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Yeah except this is not how canon functions especially when Nasu himself has adressed the Powercreep in the series.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Here's the OTHER light speed Cu statement from the visual novel btw.

50:45
"Lancer's lance runs like a FLASH of LIGHT"
"Saber confronts it straight on.

So to be clear, that's not just one but TWO direct light-speed statements for the same character, in the same route of the visual novel. On both occasions, his opponents blocked his attacks and Artoria even got the better of him in the above encounter.

This isn't just denial of powercreep.
The visual novel itself directly contradicts your bullshit.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@Zetta

My dude

My man

My hombre

FGO IS WRITTEN BY NASU

At least Lostbelt 5.1 and 5.2 were, alongside several of the other more notable chapters like Camelot, Babylonia, Solomon, LB 1, and LB 6.

And he explicitly oversees everything else personally, though admittedly it was only around.....America (?) or so that he began really taking it seriously. Ironically this is also when the massive power creep really got rolling.

Also as an aside, I know you also saw that video posted by Xhom in discord where Mash dodged literal, actual lasers from multiple angles.

And there is an entire sequence in the CCC event in which someone is forced to accelerate to beyond Light Speed specifically. This kills her, but she was already dying from doing it before and the damage was more from the specific scenario where it happened than the feat itself. And a half dead Emiya manages to track and shoot the target said FTL Servant is dragging along in the middle of this.

You need to realize that the Fate franchise has experienced massive power creep by Nasu's own hands in the years since the novel.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Just to drive it home, LB 5.2 is the one with Dioscuri. It also has Zeus, who is a giant robot, claim repeatedly to be able to destroy the universe.

Nasu is all in on the power creep. Hell, when doing the Tsuki remake he scaled it up to current Nasuverse standards with things like giving Ciel a giant death ray satellite that can cut a city in half

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Even if shit wasn't written by him, we don't make distinctions like that with series that have multiverse lore baked into them
We don't do this for comics. Imagine limiting someone like Spiderman just to his original writer.

This arbitrary mode of operation is only done so that niggas who don't like that Fate has stopped being sub carpet levels for ages just to get a leg to stand on, when in reality they don't have one.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
I also like how he's "imma only gonna use shit that Nasu wrote" and then immediately brings shit up from FSF just to justify his reasoning so if it helps him, he doesn't have any problem bringing up shit from other writers.

Nibba can't even be consistent from one paragraph to the other.

Last edited:
Back