Game Unranked Bloodborne Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Resplendent
From the limited time I played here there were a few instances of disgruntled players that didnt enjoy the game for this mech or that mech.

Thats fine and I hope it happens.
1) those mechs are typically the experiment part of the ranked games to avoid said copy and paste

2) a different growing problem is that those on the losing side will look to blame mech/the setup instead of just take fault with their scumhunting process(i.e. ratchet's game).

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
1) those mechs are typically the experiment part of the ranked games to avoid said copy and paste
My point was that Ranked games can be unfun as well. Thats it. Im just saying that we shouldnt paint the whole thing over as bad. Generalizing is bad.
2) a different growing problem is that those on the losing side will look to blame mech/the setup instead of just take fault with their scumhunting process(i.e. ratchet's game).
Yeah, unhappy players will always exist.

Grammaton

Consigliere
I agree, I even asked Gramm to maybe have setups from unproven hosts be reviewed.

Im not.

Which is why I think there should be an approval process.

I agree.

Im sorry bro you lost me, you quoted that part of my post saying its nonsense so I answered it. And it was directed to Ultra not you.

I quoted the part about ranked setups being ‘not fun’

The reason this doesn’t make sense is twofold:

- if you’re playing a ranked game, unless you signed up at gun point, you know that it’s likely going to adhere to some form of quality control - to then specifically not enjoy that because of that fact is a contradiction in terms

- ranked games don’t have to be uniform. For reference, see my darkest dungeon game. If someone else wants to attempt something similar I’m 100% all for it, but unless they are supremely confident it all adds up and works, then they should get a 2nd pair of eyes on it, just as a courtesy to the people who are going to play

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
I quoted the part about ranked setups being ‘not fun’

The reason this doesn’t make sense is twofold:

- if you’re playing a ranked game, unless you signed up at gun point, you know that it’s likely going to adhere to some form of quality control - to then specifically not enjoy that because of that fact is a contradiction in terms
Feels like you misunderstood me, sure there is a promise of quality control but quality is subjective here and players will always find a way to complain about the setup, so sometimes a Ranked game can be unfun for some players.

Grammaton

Consigliere
We haven’t
Feels like you misunderstood me, sure there is a promise of quality control but quality is subjective here and players will always find a way to complain about the setup, so sometimes a Ranked game can be unfun for some players.

I don’t think this stacks up logically whatsoever, or makes the point you think you’re making

People don’t have fun losing games either, ranked games have losers, ergo ranked games aren’t fun for everyone. It’s chimp logic, indicative of nothing

Magic

Resplendent
i think the confusion here is yall not even talking about the same thing.

fuji no one said super role madness games or whatever cant be balanced or at least somewhat balanced to make it enjoyable. we're talking about unbalanced games and them not being fun, including ultra, not super role madness games in general.

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
We haven’t

I don’t think this stacks up logically whatsoever, or makes the point you think you’re making

People don’t have fun losing games either, ranked games have losers, ergo ranked games aren’t fun for everyone. It’s chimp logic, indicative of nothing
Thats not what Im saying brother.

Oneiros

Surreal
Personal stuff going on aside, I can't really say this was a fun time. I'll try to go about it in the best way and post some constructive criticism later, but this was just frustrating for various reasons.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
i think the confusion here is yall not even talking about the same thing.

fuji no one said super role madness games or whatever cant be balanced or at least somewhat balanced to make it enjoyable. we're talking about unbalanced games and them not being fun, including ultra, not super role madness games in general.
tbh i think we're jumping the gun too fast with this one, the other unranked games so far were okayish (there's only 3 of them lol). it's at worst a bad seed in a small sample size i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back