Game Unranked Bloodborne Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigismund

My last few games have been RM or light RM so close to what you would consider ranked, and I feel like intercommunal mafia is the way. Link up with other communities, have players from different forums pool up together to create a wider overall audience. Plenty of the new blood you guys received lately has come from Worstgen.

The issue is not everyone wants to play ranked all the time and it can get boring playing the same kind of setups over and over again.

People who want to have fun, a different type of fun than the basic mafia ranked games allow. You can still game solve, you can still pull off plays while playing bigger games. I mean you played my Warcraft game, I like to think that you enjoyed it and it was as balanced as an SRM could be. Im not here to try to change your mind about what you should or shouldnt enjoy but in my opinion you shouldnt be doing the same to others by calling games that arent ranked garbage. You can have quality games be made, I myself always try to make those games enjoyable and fair to everyone @Ratchet can attest to this.

Thats fine man, go for it.
This^

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
Ultra I sincerely hope you arent painting the entire concept under the same brush, Ranked games can be unfun as well due to setup.

Kurumi

Preeminent
The point is games are meant to be fun. When the setup is overly unbalanced games don't make fun and people will get wary when a new sign-up thread is popping up.

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
The point is games are meant to be fun. When the setup is overly unbalanced games don't make fun and people will get wary when a new sign-up thread is popping up.
Depends on the host, would you say my SRM games are fun or unfun JG?

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
Ultra I sincerely hope you arent painting the entire concept under the same brush, Ranked games can be unfun as well due to setup.

I don't think it's possible for unranked games to be fun without some sort of standard here, if you're advocating for no moderation, you're going to get a lot more of this shit. It doesn't mean all games of this stripe are bad, but yeah in practice they will be if there's no oversight and this is just a dumping ground for hosts who don't wanna go through an approval process.

In other words you can have a quality unranked section, hypothetically, but not while being totally hands-off.

Magic

Resplendent
how tho?

gramma even addressed that in his big post by saying there needs to be a bit less stringency to avoid the games being too similar(as that's probably the biggest complaint i can think of in regards to the ranked setup games).

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
I don't think it's possible for unranked games to be fun without some sort of standard here,
I agree, I even asked Gramm to maybe have setups from unproven hosts be reviewed.
if you're advocating for no moderation, you're going to get a lot more of this shit.
Im not.
It doesn't mean all games of this stripe are bad, but yeah in practice they will be if there's no oversight and this is just a dumping ground for hosts who don't wanna go through an approval process.
Which is why I think there should be an approval process.
In other words you can have a quality unranked section, hypothetically, but not while being totally hands-off.
I agree.
What does that have to do with what we’re talking about?
Im sorry bro you lost me, you quoted that part of my post saying its nonsense so I answered it. And it was directed to Ultra not you.

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
From the limited time I played here there were a few instances of disgruntled players that didnt enjoy the game for this mech or that mech.
gramma even addressed that in his big post by saying there needs to be a bit less stringency to avoid the games being too similar(as that's probably the biggest complaint i can think of in regards to the ranked setup games).
Thats fine and I hope it happens.

Fujishiro

Lonely at the top
Of course it depends on the host too but as an example, how is a new player supposed to answer your question when they never have played one of your rounds before?
Hmm, well people here wouldnt know since I never hosted anything here which is why I will have to go through an approval process as well. Im proposing that there is some sort of ''reviewing'' of setups made by unproven hosts even in unranked games to ensure they atleast know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back