• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Castlevania animated series Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bachi

Distinguished
I think you're giving too much weight to the "TMI" aspect of the arguments against Luka. That came pretty late and he already had a lot of votes on him by then. Any comment on his posts up to that point which actually made people vote him?
I already explained that i dont agree with his „case„ on Olu, this seems to be a pivot point for the votes he received alongside his town read on Ratchet, a town read i dont consider malicious, he saw Ratchet mass reading people and gave a quick town read there, dont rly have a problem with that or his reasoning.

Hans Tweetenberg

Exceptional
What do you think? And why?
I think your early suspicion of Magic looks like starting with a conclusion and working your way towards it, I think your early town reads on a number of people were generous at best and fake at worst, I think your pushback against Ultra and subsequent vote on him looked performative, as does your attempt to prod me for thoughts, and I also think this post right here
Don't bring Ratchet into this by the way, him defending a town isn't wolfy
Feel free to case me but a pairing w/ Ratchet when in actuality all he really did is give a (correct) town lean on me to my knowledge is good for him
Is pretty clowny to make right after people start connecting the two of you. Not to mention the refusal to claim.

So yeah, ima read up and if nothing else catches my eye ima just vote here

Bachi

Distinguished
I'm not town reading ekko or anything but that's literally what he was saying, Luka would be indie and playing uninformed and is surprised people are pushing him as scum (fwiw my reasons for thinking he's scum allow for him to be indie, he's come off uncomfortable and robotic, which he could be doing as indie if he's nervous)
I still dont understand this indie case, my take vs ekko is that his indie read on luka its just some random read he fabricated.

Ratchet

I think your early suspicion of Magic looks like starting with a conclusion and working your way towards it, I think your early town reads on a number of people were generous at best and fake at worst, I think your pushback against Ultra and subsequent vote on him looked performative, as does your attempt to prod me for thoughts, and I also think this post right here
What do you think of Luka being Indie? Don't really think this stands up anyway - if you think that regarding Magic then what do you take from Magic's posts so far? He hasn't given a single town read, and his only real interaction with me is saying I'm doing too much and asking me about whether I think there is an execution mechanic. It's not exactly setting the world alight to me, so I'd love to hear what your issues are with my conclusion there. Being generous with town reads is a given - most of you can't play town very well so I have to stretch and ask myself if it makes sense for you to do as scum. If I feel like the answer is no then you get a town read. It gives me something to work with.

Performative isn't really a good enough description. I've outlined what I'm looking for from him and why I think I haven't seen it, there is an element where my vote is made not to lynch but to gauge his reaction, which you could argue is performative as it presents conviction of a read that isn't there, but I've been pretty transparent about this. My attempt to prod you for thoughts is just that - you are not above giving something to the game, I voted you because I haven't liked how much of a backseat you had taken so far and your response to this is to take every facet of my play an interpret it in the most uncharitable way you possibly can. I am not impressed.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
I think the rationale Ekko presented was fair - as Town, if you're misread and mislynched, there is a certain validation you have because you know they're wrong. I haven't really gotten that impression from Luka either, and the post Ekko referenced does come across a bit as "yeah, I wasn't town, but your suspicion was wrong". Would also explain the reluctance to claim even at this stage.

I don't really think it lines up as Town. He makes sure to say "everything I've said has been what I thought", which, if he flipped town, would go without saying. Him being genuine is proven by his flip, after all. It's much easier to reconcile as him rolling over here.
Am I correct in saying you think he's more likely indie than town?

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
bbl gotta work. Definitely some other directions I could pursue rn but not gonna let luka avoid claiming. Haven't seen anything from him to make me doubt my read either

Ratchet

Am I correct in saying you think he's more likely indie than town?
Yup, I came away from that post after Ekko pointed it out pretty convinced he is Indie. It shores up some doubts I had too. His play simply makes way more sense as Indie that knows he has no chance of winning from this position and thus is treading water. The fact he hasn't claimed wincon either tells me he is probably not pro-town or someone we can keep around.

Luka

Polarized Noob

Is pretty clowny to make right after people start connecting the two of you. Not to mention the refusal to claim.

So yeah, ima read up and if nothing else catches my eye ima just vote here
I mean, I'm refusing to claim since it's not even 24h into day and my claim gives town zero information. There is 0 scum incentive for me refusing to claim here. In addition to that, the post is "wolfy", not "clowny"; from a town POV it's genuine thoughts so don't call my posts "clowny" please when the only clowny thing here is the fact that you think I make such a transparently wolfy post as scum, thank u!

Luka

Polarized Noob
Yup, I came away from that post after Ekko pointed it out pretty convinced he is Indie. It shores up some doubts I had too. His play simply makes way more sense as Indie that knows he has no chance of winning from this position and thus is treading water. The fact he hasn't claimed wincon either tells me he is probably not pro-town or someone we can keep around.
I'm pro town since I'm town, I haven't claimed indie since I'm not indie.

Luka

Polarized Noob
It's not even 24h into a 72h day yet and the fact that 1. I'm being hounded for not claiming and 2. Thread state is so comfy with me being top wagon is kind of silly? I'm L-2 and if I were a wolf you would think there would be at least some panic / pressure to change votes.

Luka

Polarized Noob
I don't really know what to say to convince you on it then because it seems really blatant to me. Luka hasn't even really contested the conclusion lol.
I mean, the conclusion is actively preventing 2 people from voting me so I don't really know why I would contest the fact that I'm indie here other than the simple answer that "I'm town". I see the perspective leading me to being indie but it's false, and I have contested the reasoning at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back