• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
Never forget that Orrgo, a universal being, got one-shot by a Gorilla because he was sleeping and didn't have his psychic power amping his stats.
RCO011_1469621578_1.jpg

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Spacebattles is (for some reason) known for their fanfiction stories

which is why their vs community sucks, they’re just inserting their fanfiction into the debates
They actually do have good fanfiction. At least some. What was Created By God is currently what I'm reading on their.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
They actually do have good fanfiction. At least some. What was Created By God is currently what I'm reading on their.
Oh I wasn’t saying theirs was bad, I was just wondering why a site called Space Battles is known for fanfiction over battles lol

Shigaraki did spontaneously revive himself with willpower after dying. So if just willing really hard ignores Gae Bolg then he'll be fine.
OpXJ6y5.png

That's not how that works...
Fate/side material - Encyclopedia: Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death [Noble Phantasm], p.061-062 [T]
Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death [Noble Phantasm]

Gae Bolg.
The cursed spear that always pierced the opponent's heart after being thrust.
Reverse causality --- a technique which broke the rules by launching the spear after it was already established that the heart was pierced.
Since the target was already hit by the spear, the opponent would always be hit regardless what kind of evasive maneuvers he took.
In order to evade Gae Bolg, one would require Noble Phantasms that automatically resurrected the target after death like that of Berserker's, or a high degree of Luck sufficient to negate the curse of the spear.
To put it into game terms, it would be an insane Noble Phantasm with a base damage plus an additional component that scaled with the target's HP.
For example, if Saber's HP was 100, then Gae Bolg's damage would be (Spear Damage + 100). She would absolutely be dead if it hit.
It was also an efficient Noble Phantasm with mana consumption only in the double digits.
Anti-Unit Noble Phantasms probably did not get anymore economical than this.
By the way, Piercing Death Thorn was a technique Lancer developed himself.
Originally Gae Bolg was a thrown Noble Phantasm. It was an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm rather than Anti-Unit
In order to evade Gae Bolg, one would require Noble Phantasms that automatically resurrected the target after death like that of Berserker's

There's a reason why Nasu and the writers under him are usually very particular when it comes to abilities like these. Shigaraki simply willing himself to be alive doesn't count, he has to literally resurrect like Heracles does with God Hand otherwise all you are doing is just trying to stay alive which wouldn't matter much because if his TNR hits your heart, your brain is fucked too.
There's a reason there's such a major difference between God Hand and Battle Continuation(which the latter doesn't cover it).

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Bruh what the fuck
Is Ark One out of their league or is the Emiya family? 🤔

SSMG

Oh shit. @SSMG, been a minute since I last seen you. :mjlol Last we interacted was on Fanzverse before my ban, when we were both on that waifu discussion thread. How ya been, man?
Hey man it's been too long. Ahh the old waifu thread:yousmart

I'm doing good enjoying the nice weather, been working alot. I rarely post on this forum so that's why it's been so long.

How you been?

How's everyone been? Hope everyone is doing well.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

I'm doing good enjoying the nice weather, been working alot. I rarely post on this forum so that's why it's been so long.

How you been?

Ah, I see. Everything's been going grand, for the most part. Nothing to really complain about. Had my dad's anniversary mass recently, whole family together for that to pay respect to him again, decade removed from when he passed. Time really flies, I tell ya.

As for everyone else here, well, I can't say I speak for all the other lads here, but they seem to be doing pretty alright from what I've seen.

SSMG

Ah, I see. Everything's been going grand, for the most part. Nothing to really complain about. Had my dad's anniversary mass recently, whole family together for that to pay respect to him again, decade removed from when he passed. Time really flies, I tell ya.

As for everyone else here, well, I can't say I speak for all the other lads here, but they seem to be doing pretty alright from what I've seen.
Ahh damn man sorry to hear about your father passing must have been extremely hard on you and your whole family.

Glad everything else is going good.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

How you been?

doing fine got a job orientation coming up this Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back