• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 1: OBD 2027 prologue edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth

Preeminent
I mean they're definitely part of the same "multiverse" (or however far SMT gets into). So they're technically connected on that front.

Not sure if it's just vsb nonsense, but aren't Personas/Shadows/Mirages/Demons all just beings made from Cognition/Observation/Understanding at their core? I know they're different in execution, but their fundamental existences are still quite similar.

And I'm pretty sure the Great Reason/Axiom is itself stated to be the origin of humans, giving them the power of Observation to shape reality according to their will, which is awfully similar to Philemon/the Collective Unconsciousness...
The Great Reason/Axiom/Collective Unconsciousness is both simultaneously the creator of humans and created/shaped by humans.
"All is one" and all that.

But I'm not exactly an expert on either SMT or Persona, so I'm not sure how much of this is correct.
They are all made from cognition. Demons are a result of people giving identify to natural phenomenals and the world around it. Personas are the inner manifestation of people minds. So demons are external and personal internal.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
They are all made from cognition. Demons are a result of people giving identify to natural phenomenals and the world around it. Personas are the inner manifestation of people minds. So demons are external and personal internal.
So say if SMT and Persona were definitely linked, and given that the Collective Unconscious is basically the Great Reason/Axiom, wouldn't that logically put Philemon/Nyar/Nyx pretty high up on the totem pole? 🤔

seth

Preeminent
So say if SMT and Persona were definitely linked, and given that the Collective Unconscious is basically the Great Reason/Axiom, wouldn't that logically put Philemon/Nyar/Nyx pretty high up on the totem pole? 🤔
nyx isn`t that impressive. She didn`t create affect the whole collective unconscious. Her crashing onto earth affected it in a chain reaction. Phil and nyar would be high tier considering they each compose of half of the CU. Axiom is still the strongest.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
It's still fucking stupid that vsb put Maruki above LUCIFER just because his Persona is Adam Kadmon, the deific form of humans that the Axiom basically wants them to evolve into eventually (which would technically make them above the Axiom I think? Or at least second fiddle to the Axiom and then everyone else is below them, but whatever). Because it isn't even the actual Adam Kadmon...

Like even if you want to scale Persona users to mainline SMT stuff, this is just dumb.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
At the zenith of Megami Tensei exists individuals such as Nyx, Mother of Shadows, and the personification of Death, in which all Shadows of the Personal Unconscious are mere fragments of her essence.
I'm going to guess this line from vsbs main SMT page is bs then?

seth

Preeminent
I'm going to guess this line from vsbs main SMT page is bs then?
don`t know, Gods in megami tensei don`t have linear history they can split up, merge or become different beings depending on the CU like how dagda and odin used to be one, or beelzebus used to be odin. Nyx created them in a chain reaction. Not even vsbs belives that they debunked in in their previous threads but forgot to update the pages.

seth

Preeminent
It's still fucking stupid that vsb put Maruki above LUCIFER just because his Persona is Adam Kadmon, the deific form of humans that the Axiom basically wants them to evolve into eventually (which would technically make them above the Axiom I think? Or at least second fiddle to the Axiom and then everyone else is below them, but whatever). Because it isn't even the actual Adam Kadmon...

Like even if you want to scale Persona users to mainline SMT stuff, this is just dumb.
below the axion. SMT cosmology is a mix of a lot of things most notably kabalah. You need a deep understanding of stuff like hindusim, kabalah and esoteric scientific terms to quantify it. Just the fact that they made a proper cosmolgy blog of it is an achivement

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
So just to get things straight, Kadath = Atziluth = Archetypal world = where Personas/Demons/Gods come from?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Interesting...
Beelzebumon gonna clap those HST weaklings.

And ONLY the top tiers stand any chance against Yuna and even then she's got a shot at clearing.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/ra...n-power-skill-revisions-needed.1198852/page-2
I will say that part 2 is immensely better than part 1

Part one is like a 2/10 show while part 2 hangs around 5/10.

Still mediocre mind you, but at least not terribad
Neither ZEXAL I, nor ZEXAL II were a 5/10, let alone a fucking 2/10. :breh

At worst, it's a solid 6/10 with ZEXAL II kicking it up a couple notches.

Still the weakest Yu-Gi-Oh series (that I've seen) but again, it's not bad let alone terrible.

2/10 would be the practically unwatchable shit like Digimon Young Hunters, Power Rangers Turbo or Sword Art Online etc.
ZEXAL even at its worst (which I'll remind you is only the first 10 or so episodes) is no where that.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/ra...n-power-skill-revisions-needed.1198852/page-2

Still the weakest Yu-Gi-Oh series (that I've seen) but again, it's not bad let alone terrible.

2/10 would be the practically unwatchable shit like Digimon Young Hunters, Power Rangers Turbo or Sword Art Online etc.
ZEXAL even at its worst (which I'll remind you is only the first 10 or so episodes) is no where that.
Zexal has the best summoning animations out of all the series though. They went all in on this shit

Proto234

Distinguished

I think Zexal as a whole is better than Arc-V' later part at least.

It's funny because she actually could.

Husbando Yuri would save her the trouble though. :maybe
YV5yZ6C.gif

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Vector, Nash and IV kinda hard carried zexal ngl

edit: can't forget Kite but he's kinda cheating since he's carried 2 shows

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Vector, Nash and IV kinda hard carried zexal ngl

edit: can't forget Kite but he's kinda cheating since he's carried 2 shows
Zexal also has the single biggest moment of bullshit cheating in the entire series, where SSJ-wannabe Yuma straight up changes a card he already drew into something else right in front of the villain. It had to be the most blatant form of plot-armor I've ever seen in YuGiOh. Worse than anything Atem ever pulled by ignoring the rules. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back