• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 3: Laugh Hard with a Vengence

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, there's alot of issues here and there when it sometimes come to Melty Blood scaling but yeah, there's alot of issues in how they use scaling itself which is extremely odd.
Melty Blood is entirely why I put off making character posts. By comparison, Fate is more straight forward, somehow.

There’s massive potential for snarl as just about everyone fights anyone in Arcade mode. Shit, while I ignore the notion because his performance in Tsukihime still reflects beyond what Nasu claimed, but Nasu treated Tsukihime Tohno as discreet from Melty Blood Tohno in terms of combat ability (Tsukihime Shiki being a 3 of Hearts vs Melty Blood being a Jack of Spades using playing cards for his analogy). He acknowledged he either embellished or nerfed characters due to it being a fighting game, at least from his own perspective.

Melty Blood Manga Volume 1 Commentary said:
At this point, "MELTY BLOOD" caused a major contradiction.
Since this was a fighting game, the position of the protagonist, Tohno Shiki, a character that could participate in combat only by means of trump cards, was reversed, and he became involved in the story as a protagonist that can "fight normally".

"....Right. The characteristics of the characters in "MELTY BLOOD" had either been exaggerated or restrained from what they had been in Tsukihime." "Using cards as an example, Shiki of Tsukihime would be a 3 of Hearts. But the Shiki of "MELTY BLOOD" would be able to fight normally as a Jack of Spades."

Melty Blood is entirely why I put off making character posts. By comparison, Fate is more straight forward, somehow.

There’s massive potential for snarl as just about everyone fights anyone in Arcade mode. Shit, while I ignore the notion because his performance in Tsukihime still reflects beyond what Nasu claimed, but Nasu treated Tsukihime Tohno as discreet from Melty Blood Tohno in terms of combat ability (Tsukihime Shiki being a 3 of Hearts vs Melty Blood being a Jack of Spades using playing cards for his analogy). He acknowledged he either embellished or nerfed characters due to it being a fighting game, at least from his own perspective.

Damn, that makes it a bit harder to use feats from that series then outside of other stuff like the Manga.

1.Esdeath of Akame ga Kill
2.Eren (The Rumbling arc) of AoT
3.AFO Shigaraki of MHA
4.Kaido of One Piece
6.Lucifero of Black Clover
7.Zeref of Fairy Tail
8.Sage Madara of Naruto
9.Yhwach(Almighty Off) of Bleach
10.Garou of OPM

Man, someone hates the fuck out of Ainz lol.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

:giogio

>Ainz can no sell a Time Stop
>Esdeath's Time Stop is done through freezing Time and Space around the area.
>It's the same thing
:dumbpepe

EDIT:

True death can block lower tier resurrection effects. An illusion which can fool the world like Izanami is something which exists in overlord - that is the tgoalid equivalent for the illusionist class. Thusly, I doubt even if it did register as a rez effect that it would be nullified by true death, since it would sit near the apex of the verses effects.

That's more so the domain of wish and world items.

>Brings no proof that Illusionist Class can even do something on the level of Izanagi.
>Just states that TGOALID can bypass Izanagi
>Despite we have seen Izanagi save Danzou from literally being pulped by Susann'O(and he was literally pulped according to everyone else) and Madara died for over like 2-3 days before Izanagi saved his ass.

Last edited:

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

>Ainz can no sell a Time Stop
>Esdeath's Time Stop is done through freezing Time and Space around the area.
>It's the same thing
:dumbpepe

EDIT:

>Brings no proof that Illusionist Class can even do something on the level of Izanagi.
>Just states that TGOALID can bypass Izanagi
>Despite we have seen Izanagi save Danzou from literally being pulped by Susann'O(and he was literally pulped according to everyone else) and Madara died for over like 2-3 days before Izanagi saved his ass.

Didn't he just say the exact opposite though?

"Thusly, I doubt even if it did register as a rez effect that it would be nullified by true death, since it would sit near the apex of the verses effects."

Didn't he just say the exact opposite though?

"Thusly, I doubt even if it did register as a rez effect that it would be nullified by true death, since it would sit near the apex of the verses effects."

And if that's the case, why compare Izanagi and Izanami to the Illusionist Class? It just makes his argument jumbled as he tried to say that yeah, it's something the Illusionist Class can do but then immediately go "Well it probably won't work anyway" which still doesn't make much sense.

That's my primary problem with that, he says they are comparable but bring in no proof and then basically say it wouldn't matter anyway, thus negating the argument itself.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

Prime provided half the blast to kill universal Regenesis Shockwave (1 & 2), and he beat reality warper Nova Prime in the dead universe which the latter had full control over (3)

you can maybe make a case for certain IDW TFs resisting mindfuck of star wars high tiers bc they resisted D-Void’s but thats not gonna protect them from like

Force TK or anything

they do have a fleet of planetbusting ships even at their lowest but eh

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

what the fuck

Alphamon got hands I guess

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

Huh, I actually expected Starsight to downplay comics.

A broken clock is right twice a day I guess..

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

:espurrtf

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

:espurrtf
Q99 is always good for a bad take

Q99 is always good for a bad take

Q99 is legit legendary for his godawful takes in SB.
It's like he barely says anything correct and consistently puts his foot in his mouth every time to the point he would be an absolute joke even in ComicVine.

• ASOIAF
  • LOTR
  • Special Region (Gate)
  • Witcher
  • Mistborn
  • Dragon Age
  • Berserk
  • Diablo
  • Elder Scrolls
  • Familiar of Zero
  • Elden Ring
  • Warhammer Fantasy

Like legit, there is maybe 1-2 Series The Rumbling can actually deal with with no difficulty at best and I'm pretty certain everything else would range from "Give The Rumbling a damn good fight but potentially go down" to "easily stomps the shit out of the AOT-verse".

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Q99 is legit legendary for his godawful takes in SB.
It's like he barely says anything correct and consistently puts his foot in his mouth every time to the point he would be an absolute joke even in ComicVine.

Like legit, there is maybe 1-2 Series The Rumbling can actually deal with with no difficulty at best and I'm pretty certain everything else would range from "Give The Rumbling a damn good fight but potentially go down" to "easily stomps the shit out of the AOT-verse".
elden ring

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
She's significantly faster than Halibel. We can say that much.

Her fastest feat is often underrated because chumps continue to conflate speed with status. She is without a doubt one of the fastest captains in the series by EoS.
What is there to underrate Sables?

She blitzed BG9 okay BUT what speed feats does BG9 have that make that some sort of exceptional feat of speed in comparison to pretty much any relevant Captain by EoS? He doesn't even match Barragan's speed feat of blitzing Soi Fon herself, meaning that even putting EoS Soi Fon above all pre-skip Espada or the Vaizard Captains is questionable at best.

His only argument is putting emphasis on the distance she blitzes BG9 from, but that would only be relevant if BG9 had good speed feats himself, which he doesn't. We're not "conflating speed" with anything jackass, Soi Fon got power-crept (and speed-crept) into irrelevancy even with the token win on BG9 that she was allowed. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

:hestonpls
Yeah I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume Darkseid casually mops the verse with his hands behind his back. :mjpls

@Xhominid the Fool
bro what is this nigga on?
No idea.

What does it matter that Omegamon X did it and not Alphamon? They are counterparts to each other, It's not like Omegamon X is more powerful than Alphamon. He's just one of the few who has the ability to counter the Alpha InForce and fight him on equal footing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back