• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
>Our Psychology is so good
iu

Heard you where talking shit, SB?

yeah it’s like

whats more likely, an impressive display of energy in fiction? or even extremely basic things about the physics of their world do not behave like ours at all

The truly hilarious part of them constantly talking about Physics is that they NEVER talk about the Conservation of Energy/Mass(Or E = Mc2) or The Laws of Thermodynamics which fiction ALWAYS violates:

In physics and chemistry, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant; it is said to be conserved over time.[1] This law, first proposed and tested by Émilie du Châtelet,[2][3] means that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it can only be transformed or transferred from one form to another. For instance, chemical energy is converted to kinetic energy when a stick of dynamite explodes. If one adds up all forms of energy that were released in the explosion, such as the kinetic energy and potential energy of the pieces, as well as heat and sound, one will get the exact decrease of chemical energy in the combustion of the dynamite.

Classically, conservation of energy was distinct from conservation of mass. However, special relativity shows that mass is related to energy and vice versa by E = m c 2 E = mc^2, the equation representing mass–energy equivalence, and science now takes the view that mass-energy as a whole is conserved. Theoretically, this implies that any object with mass can itself be converted to pure energy, and vice versa. However, this is believed to be possible only under the most extreme of physical conditions, such as likely existed in the universe very shortly after the Big Bang or when black holes emit Hawking radiation.

Given the stationary-action principle, conservation of energy can be rigorously proven by Noether's theorem as a consequence of continuous time translation symmetry; that is, from the fact that the laws of physics do not change over time.

A consequence of the law of conservation of energy is that a perpetual motion machine of the first kind cannot exist; that is to say, no system without an external energy supply can deliver an unlimited amount of energy to its surroundings.[4] Depending on the definition of energy, conservation of energy can arguably be violated by general relativity on the cosmological scale.[5]

Conservation of Mass
In physics and chemistry, the law of conservation of mass or principle of mass conservation states that for any system closed to all transfers of matter and energy, the mass of the system must remain constant over time, as the system's mass cannot change, so the quantity can neither be added nor be removed. Therefore, the quantity of mass is conserved over time.[1]

The law implies that mass can neither be created nor destroyed, although it may be rearranged in space, or the entities associated with it may be changed in form. For example, in chemical reactions, the mass of the chemical components before the reaction is equal to the mass of the components after the reaction. Thus, during any chemical reaction and low-energy thermodynamic processes in an isolated system, the total mass of the reactants, or starting materials, must be equal to the mass of the products.

The concept of mass conservation is widely used in many fields such as chemistry, mechanics, and fluid dynamics. Historically, mass conservation in chemical reactions was primarily demonstrated by Jean Rey (in 1630)[2] and later rediscovered by Antoine Lavoisier in the late 18th century. The formulation of this law was of crucial importance in the progress from alchemy to the modern natural science of chemistry.

In reality, the conservation of mass only holds approximately and is considered part of a series of assumptions in classical mechanics. The law has to be modified to comply with the laws of quantum mechanics and special relativity under the principle of mass-energy equivalence, which states that energy and mass form one conserved quantity. For very energetic systems the conservation of mass only is shown not to hold, as is the case in nuclear reactions and particle-antiparticle annihilation in particle physics.

Mass is also not generally conserved in open systems. Such is the case when various forms of energy and matter are allowed into, or out of, the system. However, unless radioactivity or nuclear reactions are involved, the amount of energy escaping (or entering) such systems as heat, mechanical work, or electromagnetic radiation is usually too small to be measured as a decrease (or increase) in the mass of the system.

For systems that include large gravitational fields, general relativity has to be taken into account; thus mass-energy conservation becomes a more complex concept, subject to different definitions, and neither mass nor energy is as strictly and simply conserved as is the case in special relativity.

Laws of Thermodynamics
The laws of thermodynamics are a set of scientific laws which define a group of physical quantities, such as temperature, energy, and entropy, that characterize thermodynamic systems in thermodynamic equilibrium. The laws also use various parameters for thermodynamic processes, such as thermodynamic work and heat, and establish relationships between them. They state empirical facts that form a basis of precluding the possibility of certain phenomena, such as perpetual motion. In addition to their use in thermodynamics, they are important fundamental laws of physics in general, and are applicable in other natural sciences.

Traditionally, thermodynamics has recognized three fundamental laws, simply named by an ordinal identification, the first law, the second law, and the third law.[1][2][3] A more fundamental statement was later labelled as the zeroth law, after the first three laws had been established.

The zeroth law of thermodynamics defines thermal equilibrium and forms a basis for the definition of temperature: If two systems are each in thermal equilibrium with a third system, then they are in thermal equilibrium with each other.

The first law of thermodynamics states that, when energy passes into or out of a system (as work, heat, or matter), the system's internal energy changes in accordance with the law of conservation of energy.

The second law of thermodynamics states that in a natural thermodynamic process, the sum of the entropies of the interacting thermodynamic systems never decreases. A common corollary of the statement is that heat does not spontaneously pass from a colder body to a warmer body.

The third law of thermodynamics states that a system's entropy approaches a constant value as the temperature approaches absolute zero. With the exception of non-crystalline solids (glasses), the entropy of a system at absolute zero is typically close to zero.[2]

The first and second laws prohibit two kinds of perpetual motion machines, respectively: the perpetual motion machine of the first kind which produces work with no energy input, and the perpetual motion machine of the second kind which spontaneously converts thermal energy into mechanical work.

I'm sorry for putting all of the basic shit in these quotes but if you actually read them, it's honestly astonishing how SB still sticks to their stupid laws when you literally have beings die completely with all of their mass being completely obliterated despite that being in clear violation of conservation of mass and thermodynamics amongst many other things they cover.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Man, that entire spiel about how people downplay Real Life Military and History is just absolutely hilarious to me.
>They can't handle our firepower
Motherfucker, if someone has enough power to punch a hole into a Mountain with ease, they are absolutely tanking EVERYTHING we through at them, period.

>Physics
Nigga, almost all of fiction never truly takes Physics into account, I fucking HATE seeing that in places like SB.

>History
I didn't know we faced Gods point blank before or even things like Dragons, Zombies or even the odd Univorn...

>And Economics
My brother in Christ, it's easy as piss to destroy our goddamned World Economy, hell, it's slowly happening right fucking now!

>Our Psychology is so good
@ChaosTheory123 can you please tell me how good the Human Mind actually is in being able to even handle the shit he's talking about now? Because I can tell you right now, most of those things that people live through ARE things people worry about massively to the point of living in literal fear. That's not the power of the "strong Human Psyche", that actually shows how pathetic we really are even in comparison to a "basic bitch" like Shinji from Evangelion.
Since you brought him up, god damn I hate people who have the nerve to call Shinji a coward or a pussy.

That kid is mentally stronger than any real life person you can think of.

Since you brought him up, god damn I hate people who have the nerve to call Shinji a coward or a pussy.

That kid is mentally stronger than any real life person you can think of.

That's the point me and @ChaosTheory123 constantly bring up that human's mental constitution is actually pretty shit in comparison to anyone in any Anime, Book or T.V. Show.
Most soldiers gain PTSD during a war or literally completely devolve in the worst case into absolutely unhinged lunatics, people just don't pretend like "Ah yeah, I can be drone strike'd at any time and live freely" when we literally had people go apopletic during the COV-ID lockdowns, that's the testament to show human mental fortitude in comparison to people like Simon Pre-Kamina's death or Shinji?

Like holy shit, someone needs to actually go look up human psychology and actually talk to people who know better as it's actually horrifically easy to wind up most people to play to your tunes and/or fuck them up by keeping them in solitary confinement or something similar.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Also liked all the shit Accelerator was forced to go through. Nowhere near the magnitude of Touma or Subaru but it forced him to let go of his childish world views and actually become a better person instead of making excuses and blaming others for his shortcomings

hdqYvz6.jpg

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Man with how bad SB wanks Muzan youd think his regen could overcome Gae Bolg or IB or Neo eating a piece of him

Like these niggas thinks this man is on the level of the Horse King or some shit

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Man with how bad SB wanks Muzan youd think his regen could overcome Gae Bolg or IB or Neo eating a piece of him

Like these niggas thinks this man is on the level of the Horse King or some shit
Well I'm not too sure about IB vs Demon Slayer demons but I get your point :mjgrin

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
"Muzan would just regen! Touma doesnt have the sun or nichirin so Muzan wins"
:heston
Honestly with some of the shit that me and others have been discussing in the To Aru discord Touma might legitimately just turn Muzan into paste with a single punch :mjgrin

They actually do unironically think his Regen can overcome Gae Bolg because they have legit no clue on how it even works anymore.
Hell, they still infamously stated that Muzan would defeat Sasaki Kojirou because he has no AOE attacks to kill Muzan... ignore how Muzan was ultimately killed was not by AOE but just keeping him in the Sun.

It becomes funnier when they then place him against dudes who can absolutely destroy him in seconds:

"Muzan can definitely defeat Watanabe No Tsuna"
What, because of the fact he's a normal ass Human of Raikou's 4 Heavenly Kings? If he can fight against the beyond Humanity Oni and kill them, what chance does Muzan have?!

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
They actually do unironically think his Regen can overcome Gae Bolg because they have legit no clue on how it even works anymore.
Hell, they still infamously stated that Muzan would defeat Sasaki Kojirou because he has no AOE attacks to kill Muzan... ignore how Muzan was ultimately killed was not by AOE but just keeping him in the Sun.

It becomes funnier when they then place him against dudes who can absolutely destroy him in seconds:

"Muzan can definitely defeat Watanabe No Tsuna"
What, because of the fact he's a normal ass Human of Raikou's 4 Heavenly Kings? If he can fight against the beyond Humanity Oni and kill them, what chance does Muzan have?!
>the nevarine vs muzan (the nevarine doesnt have a nichirin blade)
:maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back