• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah, of course time stop from a non-magical source would affect them, because their resistance is due to Magic Resistance in the first place, like you said before.

Except in the Nasuverse, Magecraft is just a catch-all term(Curses, Alchemy, Kabbalah and even shit like Breathing Techniques are Magecraft or damn close to it to still count) and Magic Resistance, despite it's name, doesn't cover just Magic...

Magic Resistance (対魔力, Tai-Maryoku?, localized as "Anti-Magic"EX) grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Magic Resistance is the Class Skill of the Saber, Lancer, Rider, Archer, Ruler, Shielder, MoonCancer, and Watcher classes.

This is why Type-Rey basically left out of here, you act like you know more than you actually do.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The irony of this is that these same people complain when you call them out on this. That weirdo LawLeit/Eukie from that Cyberpunk thread for example. Complained about Morgan not putting in effort. When he was the only one providing mountains of evidence from day one, and when he criticized her own calc by noting that she was scaling it wrong? Ignoring that the size wasn't the same as in real life, and that Night City was literally Morro Bay except stretched by ten miles?

"Fix it yourself."

And people on SB still used her bullshit calculation. Even after Morgan proved it was based on bad faith debating, and ignoring the actual size of these things.
I'd bring up their TES "respect" thread vs mine, how I go to pains and depths to find details and evidence and context whereas they'd claim something, say it's not the case or unknown and refuse to back it up.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I'm not even surprised anymore. SB and Nasu Time:
It's basically how they completely ignore how that there's a damn good reason why not all Time Stops can affect Servants to believe Ainz's can deal with them with Time Stop or Esdeath and then try and conflate their's with DIO's who actually can affect them with his Time Stop because "They refuse to understand the concept of Authority" when the definition is simple:

An Authority is literally the ability to perform "What is your right"(So for example, if you an Authority over Time, it supercedes virtually everything because "It's your right to do so". So for that instance, DIO's The World would be the equivalent of an Authority but not Ainz's or Esdeath's Time Stop because it's JUST Magic, not a Divine Right(to make it more evident) or anything close to that.

That's why I constantly be a little PO'd everytime that discussion comes up... well next to the times SB loves to try and literally remove adaptations from the series despite it running on Multiverse Theory...
TES vs was pain.

Speaking of Nasu...

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Except in the Nasuverse, Magecraft is just a catch-all term(Curses, Alchemy, Kabbalah and even shit like Breathing Techniques are Magecraft or damn close to it to still count) and Magic Resistance, despite it's name, doesn't cover just Magic...

Magic Resistance (対魔力, Tai-Maryoku?, localized as "Anti-Magic"EX) grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Magic Resistance is the Class Skill of the Saber, Lancer, Rider, Archer, Ruler, Shielder, MoonCancer, and Watcher classes.

This is why Type-Rey basically left out of here, you act like you know more than you actually do.
I'm just going off of what you've said before 🤷‍♂️

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Oh yeah, who could forget "Edgerunners has bad writing because Rebecca makes a quip before she dies in an over the top way."

Character who's always making witty remarks says a witty remark says witty remarks right until the end. One has to wonder why the people famous for making a show with robots throwing galaxies at each other and talking bloodsucking clothes are over the top? Actually why is 2077 over the top? You can explode people by punching them and slice them apart with mantis blades.

Also very noticably ignoring no such 'quips' were present when any other major character died (Gloria, Dorio, Maine, Kiwi, David). Pilaf is the only exception as his death was meant to be a out of nowhere surprise.

Almost like you haven't even played the game or watched the series.

I'm just going off of what you've said before 🤷‍♂️

And you are suddenly doing a truly godawful job at it because that wasn't what I stated nor was the context of WHY I said it...

Why do you think I used a Stand Ability for to make my point with an Authority? Do you not realize what a Stand is or how and why DIO or anyone on his level is fundamentally different outside of "Not Magic"?(Besides, there have been plenty of things MR nulled that isn't even "Magic" on it's own basis.

The context? It's precisely what a Stand is and how their ability manifests is why I used them to make that difference be obvious(Especially since Esdeath's isn't Magic either but an extract from a very powerful Danger Beast that melded with Esdeath).

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
And you are suddenly doing a truly godawful job at it because that wasn't what I stated nor was the context of WHY I said it...

Why do you think I used a Stand Ability for to make my point with an Authority? Do you not realize what a Stand is or how and why DIO or anyone on his level is fundamentally different outside of "Not Magic"?(Besides, there have been plenty of things MR nulled that isn't even "Magic" on it's own basis.

The context? It's precisely what a Stand is and how their ability manifests is why I used them to make that difference be obvious(Especially since Esdeath's isn't Magic either but an extract from a very powerful Danger Beast that melded with Esdeath).
Any examples that come to mind then?

Jeanne D'Arc no selling a huge fuck off blast of energy from Spartacus is the biggest example of this. Her doing the same with Semiramis' Magic from the Hanging Garden is another considering that's also just an energy blast made of Magical Energy.

So yeah, 2 extremely obvious examples.

TES vs was pain.

Speaking of Nasu...

I'm not even sure what the point of that is...
"Thank heavens Cyberpunk doesn't have more fans so we don't consistently get our asses reamed everytime we downplay the shit out of it" is the weirdest thing I've seen. Especially since most Fate fans left SB's VS. Discussion altogether due to how ritualistically hard they downplay. And on my side, I never seen anyone pretend that SB is ever right in how they depict the series, just Redditors who barely matter.

Oh yeah, who could forget "Edgerunners has bad writing because Rebecca makes a quip before she dies in an over the top way."

Character who's always making witty remarks says a witty remark says witty remarks right until the end. One has to wonder why the people famous for making a show with robots throwing galaxies at each other and talking bloodsucking clothes are over the top? Actually why is 2077 over the top? You can explode people by punching them and slice them apart with mantis blades.

Also very noticably ignoring no such 'quips' were present when any other major character died (Gloria, Dorio, Maine, Kiwi, David). Pilaf is the only exception as his death was meant to be a out of nowhere surprise.

Almost like you haven't even played the game or watched the series.

SB showing they never watch a series they downplay, wank or bitch about? A Day That Ends in Y. But seriously, I really don't get that stuff there outside of sheer bias again.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Jeanne D'Arc no selling a huge fuck off blast of energy from Spartacus is the biggest example of this. Her doing the same with Semiramis' Magic from the Hanging Garden is another considering that's also just an energy blast made of Magical Energy.

So yeah, 2 extremely obvious examples.

I'm not even sure what the point of that is...
"Thank heavens Cyberpunk doesn't have more fans so we don't consistently get our asses reamed everytime we downplay the shit out of it" is the weirdest thing I've seen. Especially since most Fate fans left SB's VS. Discussion altogether due to how ritualistically hard they downplay. And on my side, I never seen anyone pretend that SB is ever right in how they depict the series, just Redditors who barely matter.

SB showing they never watch a series they downplay, wank or bitch about? A Day That Ends in Y. But seriously, I really don't get that stuff there outside of sheer bias again.
SB will take the most inane cherrypick and put it above all else.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

OH SHIT THEY ARE BRINGING UP SUB 1MPH BULLETS

What? That makes more than no sense, it's just contradictory

Uh no it's not? Medea's Rain of Light is stated the same way as Semiramis' and Artoria was able to no sell that. Semiramis is just ridiculously amped up but again, Jeanne's Magic Resistance EX still completely no sold that.
And Spartacus' Crying Warmonger blast is literally just raw Magical Energy from a Noble Phantasm, how is that contradictory?

SB will take the most inane cherrypick and put it above all else.

It's funny because I remember the one time they DID get a Cyberpunk fanboy(Morgan), they collectively lost their shit and bitched to the mods till they got banned...
They wouldn't be able to handle more than a few of Cyberpunk fans like him.

OH SHIT THEY ARE BRINGING UP SUB 1MPH BULLETS

Man, we really going that deep down the rabbit hole, aren't we? Gameplay matters to downplay, various parts of the anime is the same way... but the good parts? Those are wank and make the entire setting dumb.
They are contradicting their own bitching in real time.

AcidSoup

Besides, there have been plenty of things MR nulled that isn't even "Magic" on it's own basis.
And Spartacus' Crying Warmonger blast is literally just raw Magical Energy from a Noble Phantasm, how is that contradictory?

"Yes magic resistance has nulled not magic (in its own way) things)"

Uses examples of magic

This is contradictory because the examples of non magic are magic

"Yes magic resistance has nulled not magic (in its own way) things)"

Uses examples of magic

This is contradictory because the examples of non magic are magic

That's the definition I got from Type Moon Wiki which isn't the best considering the series itself explicitly shows MR dealing with shit that's not Magecraft just as equally as Magecraft, which is my point and always has been.

And Noble Phantasms aren't Magic...

AcidSoup

That's the definition I got from Type Moon Wiki which isn't the best considering the series itself explicitly shows MR dealing with shit that's not Magecraft just as equally as Magecraft, which is my point and always has been.

And Noble Phantasms aren't Magic...
I understand what you mean but you said "magical energy" in reference to spartacus using crying warmongerer which sounds really contradictory

I understand what you mean but you said "magical energy" in reference to spartacus using crying warmongerer

Magical Energy which is no different than the equivalent of chakra/ki/life energy and the like because it's converted from the user's Soul(or from the Planet if you want to be more fair) like those two.
Nasu ultimately just calls it Magical Energy because why the hell not? That's literally it(And because on a technicality, Magic Resistance is literally just the normal Resistance Mages have but also amped to completely stop all chances of any type of "spell" to form, including the Magical Energy that allows it to happen).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Man, we really going that deep down the rabbit hole, aren't we? Gameplay matters to downplay, various parts of the anime is the same way... but the good parts? Those are wank and make the entire setting dumb.
They are contradicting their own bitching in real time.
All those debates with TES how if they wanted to make big flashy explosions and environmental damage they could have.

Meanwhile ESO has a ton of flashy attacks that even fodder can do and suddenly it's not how TES should be.

However ESO cinematics are canon because they have more low ends.

But not the parts where the army is vaporized & the city wall explodes or where the island explodes.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
All those debates with TES how if they wanted to make big flashy explosions and environmental damage they could have.

Meanwhile ESO has a ton of flashy attacks that even fodder can do and suddenly it's not how TES should be.

However ESO cinematics are canon because they have more low ends.

But not the parts where the army is vaporized & the city wall explodes or where the island explodes.
mook91 dodging my slow bullets when I try to shoot him in real life

AcidSoup

Magical Energy which is no different than the equivalent of chakra/ki/life energy and the like because it's converted from the user's Soul(or from the Planet if you want to be more fair) like those two.
Nasu ultimately just calls it Magical Energy because why the hell not? That's literally it(And because on a technicality, Magic Resistance is literally just the normal Resistance Mages have but also amped to completely stop all chances of any type of "spell" to form, including the Magical Energy that allows it to happen).
image.png

image.png

Aneurysm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back