• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
the one i never got was he once said the Endless in DC were “aleph infinite” and I just wanna know where the hell he got that because I have never seen anybody else say that before or since
200.gif

Dude should be careful, he'll get banned for that.

Decided to finally look at this thread and see who they put them up against:

Rounds:
R1:
Saber Alter + Artoria (Fate/Zero)
R2: Camelot Mordred + Siegfried
R3: Gawain + Lancelot
R4: Nero + Altera
R5: Musashi + Kojiro
R6: Dioscuri

Bonus Round: King Hassan + Muramasa (Foreign God Apostle Ver.)

Okay yeah, outside of AGAIN acting as if Servants are somehow different based on the iteration when that's not how the Throne of Heroes works, I don't see how they should be able to get past Saber Alter and Artoria, let alone anyone else.
Like you can't even wank Flashy Flash to be as fast as Light because he explicitly ISN'T. He was long worfed by Platinum Sperm and Garou in that form literally outspeeding and outstating him so how can he defeat Dioscuri, let alone anyone else?

It's even funnier that you then have the usual suspect act as if Musashi's Empyrean Eye won't get the dude killed because literally cutting off possibilities but the one you want(and Musashi can put it on overdrive if she wants) to happen is WAY out of his league.

Tablos

Preeminent
Also i don´t know why OPM has so many loyalist fans , the series was good in the first 30 chapters and after that is just a rip off of your average shonen but with 0 characters development and only good art.

Or are you saying me that only has fans because is ''a strong series'' ?

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount
Dude should be careful, he'll get banned for that.
I got a warning for that Slime vs Demon Slayer because I added one Multiversal character at the end with a fodder’s pic. Just a minor bit trolling that I admitted was in good spirit. Even though DS never made it past round 1, I still got a warning’.

Also, why? Do SB mod not like when high interpretation is used?? Slime runs entirely on high interpretation that ignore setting breaking and inconsistently to get the multuversal Rimuru but is still used. Not nobody uses the planetary+ interpretation. But I don’t see SB mods ever complaining.

Also, why? Do SB mod not like when high interpretation is used?? Slime runs entirely on high interpretation that ignore setting breaking and inconsistently to get the multuversal Rimuru but is still used. Not nobody uses the planetary+ interpretation. But I don’t see SB mods ever complaining.

It's because, and I'm paraphrasing but it's the same deal:

"We go by being fair and honest and if you only use high ends, what's the point of a versus debate?"

I don't even need to say how rich this is coming from SB but there you go.

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount
that doesn’t make any sense. even if I don’t agree with only using high ends…you can still have a debate within those parameters????
I am perfectly fine with high-end as long as the calc are not pulled out of ass and the high end interpretation has good amount of evidence to it. I don’t agree with using universal+ argument for a series using term ‘world’ unless there is clear evidence that world is referring to the univerese. Even one evidence for the context is fine. You don’t need mountains of evidence to prove world means uni or planet, WOG etc do fine as well.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
it had promise, but for me was too repetitive

one can write comedy well though, and murata is a great artist i just dont know if they actually fit well together to create an engaging story

I don't have the link offhand (twitter finally useful for something) but the "Adaptation" started just rewriting plot points from the original series, like how one of the recent arcs basically completely changed the tension of tatsumaki fighting with fubuki into a joke

I tapped out after boros though

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount
It really does feel like how people wanked the hell out of Overlord only because of how powerful it is, nothing else.
Overlord Author is a really good author. While much can be said about Ainz, the side character are engaging and the world of super vast. Only problem that I have with overlord is that the fandom is too toxic. Leaving the characters aside, the fandom cannot simply understand someone not liking overlord. Back in the days they would make fun of people who showed slight criticism toward overlord. The whole Reddit was toxic enough that many simply left he server despite.being massive overlor fanboys.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Overlord author is cringe with both the albedo and tomb invasion

just not as cringe as Mushoku's author

and found it @OtherGalaxy

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount
just not as cringe as Mushoku's author
Will stop you there😂. I am a massive fanboy of Musoku Tensei. But will not defend the series for its fault though. It has its own fault, just like everything. I personally believe reading the thing requires patience. Either you leave it early due to all the controversial and disgusting thing Rudy does or drag yourself past the begging and mid to see him truly grow as a person. While his older self still is perverted, that one doesn’t go around stealing panties, feeling children or peeking on naked women etc. And his tendencies only show around his significant others.

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount
Overlord author is cringe with both the albedo and tomb invasion
Also, while much can be said about Author’s fetish and his choice with the character, you can’t deny the way the world is crafted and the side character. Just because the Main Character is not something you don’t agree with doesn’t mean the author is bad. Overlord world is good with quite a lot of potential. But I head the author got burnt out and is planning to scrap everything he planned and finishing the series early. There was a massive discussion about this in the overlord fandom.

Proto234

Distinguished
Also i don´t know why OPM has so many loyalist fans , the series was good in the first 30 chapters and after that is just a rip off of your average shonen but with 0 characters development and only good art.

Or are you saying me that only has fans because is ''a strong series'' ?
Well, there's a reason why DBS is popular despite its shitty story
I believe OPM is the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back