• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

i blame vsb for this shit tbh

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
>chara is multiversal for breaking the game entirely

Speedrunners should clap his shit then since they can break the game infiitely more than he can huh
:heston

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
..or they're multiversal because they literally end every timeline at the end of the genocide run :rock

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
why would a timeline not be the same as a universe I’ve never understood this critique

it’s a stream of events with space stars galaxies etc just the same as anything else is
I dont think of it that way. I could talk about it but I dont wanna get into it over undertale tbh

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
but why? 🤔 I just don’t see the difference. Maybe my lens is too blurred because theyre largely the same in transformers
in my opinion for one it leads to the idea that if you create a new timeline you've created a universe and are, therefore, universal. I have seen this argued before, dont remember where but its fucking stupid and I dont agree

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
the weird thing is not only is 3812 dog ass, there’s an earlier scp that does this exact same thing but is actually really interesting and well written (2747)
this reads like dog ass, on god

it's like a mix of Mori's incessant need to put important shit in "Quotations" and throw big dumb stupid terms at you to seem deep and the usual MUH BIGGATONS that infests fandoms. take this shit to the concept incinerator ASAP

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

it's like a mix of Mori's incessant need to put important shit in "Quotations" and throw big dumb stupid terms at you to seem deep and the usual MUH BIGGATONS that infests fandoms. take this shit to the concept incinerator ASAP
inb4 "but 682 would be immune!!!!"

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
inb4 "but 682 would be immune!!!!"
image.png

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
in my opinion for one it leads to the idea that if you create a new timeline you've created a universe and are, therefore, universal. I have seen this argued before, dont remember where but its fucking stupid and I dont agree
Well I disagree with that depending on how it happened, because a lot of fiction treat it that a new timeline can come from a different outcome for example. So you wouldn't be universal for doing that because you were just doing whatever your normal actions are, it would just be a quirk of how the mechanics of that setting existed. An actual example of someone being universal for it is Maltruant in Ben 10 creating a new universe to overwrite the original. Whereas like, Frank Castle in Cosmic Ghost Rider "creating" a timeline where he raised Thanos was just him deciding to raise Thanos...not anything involving power at all.

I've felt for years that 3812 is just really bad. There's nothing to it except the concept, which is just "haha he's always stronger" and not even very interesting. Like I said, 2747 does the same thing, but in an extremely clever way where I didn't even realize that's what it does until like a year after I read it because it's not the focus of the SCP at all.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Well I disagree with that depending on how it happened, because a lot of fiction treat it that a new timeline can come from a different outcome for example. So you wouldn't be universal for doing that because you were just doing whatever your normal actions are, it would just be a quirk of how the mechanics of that setting existed. An actual example of someone being universal for it is Maltruant in Ben 10 creating a new universe to overwrite the original. Whereas like, Frank Castle in Cosmic Ghost Rider "creating" a timeline where he raised Thanos was just him deciding to raise Thanos...not anything involving power at all.
Yeah thats my point. Just saying "new timeline = universe" just sounds wrong in my book.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Yeah thats my point. Just saying "new timeline = universe" just sounds wrong in my book.
i would say the timeline itself=a universe but that its creation doesn't necessarily mean any character would scale to that. It has to be a specific act of universe creation not just "you made this decision so this alternate timeline ends this way now"

Like look at this shit @Tablos

Knight Leader hard counters Gilgamesh. Quetzalcoatl on the other hand might win against both, considering I think they can both be considered good.

Knight Leader somehow counters Gilgamesh despite everything Gilgamesh can do literally hardcounters the shit out of Knight Leader. This is how stupid it gets.
The entire point of Knight Leader's BS defense is that he MUST be able to see AND IDENTIFY what he will be hit by... guess what we've seen GoB do multiple times in every iteration?

And what is the new flavor of the month to put vs Nasu ? Last time i check was the Shadow guy isekai

Primarily Sukuna through sheer misunderstanding of how his shit works even before we got to the next chapter:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back