Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Randomdude

Preeminent
TBF it sounds like even without his hax he's just generally tougher/stronger/has more variety in his magic.

Now thats mostly down to the author of overlord essentially reading a spell list from dnd and copying seven hundred spells/random home brew nonsense into his setting but still

(I still can't believe theres a shark cyclone spell...And I need to know if maxamize/widen magic makes the sharks larger or not)

EDIT: Checking the text widen does not in fact increase the size of the sharks... Sadly.... Jury's still out on maximize, perhaps if he up cast it as a tier ten spell the size of the sharks would change...

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Ainz has the chops to wreck a lot more characters with his moveset and even punch above his weight. He’s just held back by his lack of good speed feats

Randomdude

Preeminent
Ainz has the chops to wreck a lot more characters with his moveset and even punch above his weight. He’s just held back by his lack of good speed feats
Super to hypersonic isn't bad tbh, it just doesn't hold up to the crazy anime levels many other series go to where they're grabbing lightning bolts out of the air/treat light as a speedbump you should be much faster then.

Randomdude

Preeminent
Also looking over the character info for ainz I can't be quite as upset with that story crossing over rwby and overlord. While I still find it rather silly to give ainz a major power boost...

The dark soul nonsense is not an original concept, it's actually part of ainz racial abilities/levels as a high-class overlord, he literally has something called [dark soul] from leveling up. Fuck knows what that means/does as it's literally mentioned one time in the entire sereis but the author of the fanfic wasn't just making up the name/idea. Ainz factually does have a strange dark soul

Originally I thought the author of overlord stating ainz had a twisted soul was just in reference to being an undead and the effects that had on his mind, but now I think it's a very real in setting thing the authors never going to explain.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

Lol. At the end of S2 Barry with Zoom manage to produce enough energy to destroy the every other universe except their own, and then his time remnant produced an equivalent amount of energy to stop the machine (though that killed him)

But sure Garou is gonna do something to him.

Salfarc

Paramount

King of time

Exceptional
View attachment 950

People really don't like Servant reacting to Dioscuri.

View attachment 951

And Gil and Enkidu can keep bombarding him so even if he have instant regeneration he'll still get wounded as the attack keep coming. And yes it works on non-Servant. Literally stated Gugallana in the thread...

View attachment 952

By this logic, everything this Kevin do only work under the law of the Honkai Impact universe too! Wtf is this.
Kevin depends, his base form will get him shot, his dragon form might be the problem

People really don't like Servant reacting to Dioscuri.

They hate it because it runs counter to their "Mach 10+" Servant speed they want to consistently keep Servants at no matter what... even though most of the speed feats even in F/SN go with what we give Servants now...

And Gil and Enkidu can keep bombarding him so even if he have instant regeneration he'll still get wounded as the attack keep coming. And yes it works on non-Servant. Literally stated Gugallana in the thread...

They tend to ignore them killing Gugulanna and Huwawa because they think that they could only do so in their living bodies and not as Servants... when it's all but stated they can also do so as Servants...

By this logic, everything this Kevin do only work under the law of the Honkai Impact universe too! Wtf is this.

Just another fashion of their attempt to avoid using Rule 13 while using Rule 13 for their own ends. You see that when it comes to anything revolving Kiritsugu and The Origin Round; acting as if you NEED Magical Circuits for it to work and it only works on the physical body... when that's not only completely false(As Magical Circuits are connected to the Soul and thus also aren't fully physical either) but is explicitly against how other series have something similar to Magical Circuits and still somehow won't work for them(Like with Naruto characters and their Chakra System which is virtually 1:1 with Magical Circuits yet still pretend it won't work).

Spacebattles is an absolute mess of a site VS. wise and you see one of the reasons clear as day right there. They want Honkai rules to affect Servants but they don't want Nasuverse rules to affect Kevin.

Salfarc

Paramount
Just another fashion of their attempt to avoid using Rule 13 while using Rule 13 for their own ends. You see that when it comes to anything revolving Kiritsugu and The Origin Round; acting as if you NEED Magical Circuits for it to work and it only works on the physical body... when that's not only completely false(As Magical Circuits are connected to the Soul and thus also aren't fully physical either) but is explicitly against how other series have something similar to Magical Circuits and still somehow won't work for them(Like with Naruto characters and their Chakra System which is virtually 1:1 with Magical Circuits yet still pretend it won't work).

Spacebattles is an absolute mess of a site VS. wise and you see one of the reasons clear as day right there. They want Honkai rules to affect Servants but they don't want Nasuverse rules to affect Kevin.
1709087707040.png
Mod allows bending rule to non-mod's liking, as long as its against the verse that a lot of people don't like I guess.

View attachment 953
Mod allows bending rule to non-mods liking as long as its against the verse that a lot of people don't like I guess.

EXACTLY.
If Spacebattles members wonder why Reddit and VSB, 2 bottom tier sites when it comes to debates, rag on them incessantly and to not trust shit of what they say, this is why.

I shouldn't even have to explain how Rule 13 works because it's a golden rule of VS. debating how it should work but there is a huge reason why we don't have shit like say having Ainz's Spells work the way they do in Overlord(Where you can literally no sell it if you are "strong enough") and have them work like any other Instant Death Magic Attack and nothing else.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
@Doronbo_Shirake

is my memory just bad, because from what I remember of 02, the Dark Ocean wasn't affected the distortions which was dumping digimon all over the world

and darkness shrouding all worlds didn't occur until belialvamdemon showed up

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
EXACTLY.
If Spacebattles members wonder why Reddit and VSB, 2 bottom tier sites when it comes to debates, rag on them incessantly and to not trust shit of what they say, this is why.

I shouldn't even have to explain how Rule 13 works because it's a golden rule of VS. debating how it should work but there is a huge reason why we don't have shit like say having Ainz's Spells work the way they do in Overlord(Where you can literally no sell it if you are "strong enough") and have them work like any other Instant Death Magic Attack and nothing else.
It’s also two opposing extremes.

Reddit and VBW wank and high ball everything with the former borrowing the logic of the latter

While Spacebattles takes the low ends. Yes even when it comes to the verses that get played as favorites on there for the most part. They just argue whatever is put against say Twilight being dropped down a level the sparkly vampire can beat

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
image.png

:tupac

It’s also two opposing extremes.

Reddit and VBW wank and high ball everything with the former borrowing the logic of the latter

While Spacebattles takes the low ends. Yes even when it comes to the verses that get played as favorites on there for the most part. They just argue whatever is put against say Twilight being dropped down a level the sparkly vampire can beat

Sure, but atleast when you highball shit, you are only interpreting the maximum of what they potentially can do at the end of the day and for all of the shit I give VSB, they actually DO tend to go well out of their way and get fucking RECEIPTS and learn to keep them around.
Reddit tends to be similar extremes depending on which Subforum but it's usually the same shit of people atleast knowing what they are debating on both ends.

Spacebattles takes low ends practically every other chance they get, even when the low end doesn't even work or make any type of sense whatsoever(Their take on Star Wars, not even The Force, just how they take their weapons, vehicles and otherwise just defies belief). Then yeah, you get shit like their Twilight fixation, the Overlord wank, the ridiculous pushing of Kimetsu No Yaiba and Jujutsu Kaisen and it becomes a mess in record time.

ill still never understand the twilight fixation

it still completely baffles me from every angle

No one genuinely can. It's weird too because most of the shit they pull don't even come from the series itself but from Stephanie Meyer's WoG well AFTER the fact(Which some of it does actually make the Twilightverse fucking ridiculous when it comes to the literal Ancient Werewolves but isn't applicable in any fashion).

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I miss when Twilight was popular and thus, it was trendy to hate on it.

So much so they even made a whole movie mocking it and it’s fanbase

MV5BMTk2MDk0NDU4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzAyODk2Mw@@._V1_.jpg

:hestonpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@OtherGalaxy As for why Twilight saw a resurgence on SB specifically, who knows. All it takes is one person both knowledgeable enough on a series and repping it enough on a place that’s still a fairly active as SB for it to take off,

Toaru already had a presence on places like SB before I ever got involved in forums years ago but than I really got the series going on sites like SB, with matches eventually being frequently made and me showcasing more of what the verse can do to where it was winning fights it would have previously been argued to lose.

Even now, years after I’ve been gone the series still shows up on there pretty often and it’s even fairly hard for SBers to downplay it.

Back