• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

"Because we've seen Disney Palpatine use Force Storm against a whole ass load of ships in the sky, it definitely doesn't mean he can use Force Storm on a singular target nearby!"

- An actual argument from a Spacebattler
...Palpatine is famous for using his Force lightning on Luke. Have these people literally not seen the movies?

Also in TROS IIRC I'm pretty sure he was only targetting enemy ships (and he used his lightning against Kylo Ren and Rey, though I can forgive not remembering that movie a lot more than ROTJ).

Salfarc

Paramount
@Xhominid The Apex @Triple Accel 555 Talking about speed of light, there is also this.

More than series like Bleach have going for them. Doesn’t even have real speed feats until the last arc because Kubo is allergic to backgrounds and enamored with the worthless blitzing trope circular reasoning

You only need a claim or showing, the bar is subterranean for a number of popularly discussed media

Man, this is getting confusing. Assuming what you said here is true, then the double standard is real.

Last edited:

LeonLex

Paramount
This one is actually fun.
I'm just kind of reminded of people saying things like "Vilgax is really fast, because he could catch XLR8". And like, okay, great. He also trades blows with Four Arms. Is he as fast as XLR8 too? Well then what the fuck is the point of XLR8 in the first place?
Yes, Four Arms is indeed that fast when it comes to combat. Dude was dodging lightning from the Weather Monster.
Diamondhead was blocking lasers in the OG cartoon.
XLR8 is an alien with movement as well as combat speed.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Haven’t followed RWBY in over a decade so no comment. That’s said, doesn’t take much to beat Yor unless we give her Street Fighter scaling now

The year doesn't matter, the lack of brains/info does.

Gotta change that around as that pretends that they lack info because they don't look for it normally rather than they intentionally don't even try unless it's to downplay.

Man, this is getting confusing. Assuming what you said here is true, then the double standard is real.

It is true... that's the entire problem people have when it comes to shit like this.
The only speed feat you could have EVER given Bleach before the final arc is in the Databook that Ichigo's Bankai speed is as fast as Lightning which is why the OBD had Bleach at a consistent Mach 29+ and City+ for most of the franchise. It wasn't due to hate or anything of that nature, it literally had none worth a shit. Even after Chaos's update, Bleach only then got an upgrade on DC but not their actual speed(Outside of reflexes).

Bleach is carried by one speed feat and it's literally shared only by 3 people.. and most series only gets by with one or two quotes of their highest speed which makes it funnier that the Nasuverse somehow isn't consistent despite having more Lightspeed Quotes than most series do...

For instance, Lightspeed is only talked about in JoJo in Part 3 like twice and Araki only says the characters are FTL for only 2. This is why scaling is so important kids.

@Xhominid The Apex @Triple Accel 555 Talking about speed of light, there is also this.

It's funny because dudes continually end up being asshurt and having to act like "Sukuna bodies a good number of Fate characters including Servants" and it's like... no he doesn't :obamalaugh

Not even Jujutsufolk, who basically has people meming hardcore and hell, hates the Sukuna wank itself, even believes that shit. Like the speed is pointless anyway as Sukuna has no means to hurt Ashiya and Ashiya can just effortlessly kill him with his physical strength, curse him to death or hell, just literally eat his ass like he did to 3 Divine Spirits just to get a leg up on Seimei(Which failed miserably lol).

A reminder that the shrine is not the Domain or the source of it or anything like that. If it's crumbling is because the Domain itself is going down, it is not the center or creator of the domain, this was brought up in the fight with Gojo.

But, yes, this still doesn't much change that Aizen could Shunpo out, or even more funnily, use a Bakudo to restrain Sukuna as he attempts to do the hand signs.

Plus, we still run into the issue of whether Aizen is even gonna die, if he's really a peer to Sukuna and, therefore, should weather the slashes about as well as Gojo did.

I'm not even arguing against Aizen defeating Sukuna, I'm just having a good hearty laugh at the double standard I'm witnessing...
So characters being able to flee before a Domain is completed considering they are faster than the JJK characters by leaps and bounds is possible... if it's a Bleach character(Let's conveniently remember that Shunpo is not a teleportation technique... it's literally Soru in One Piece and you just move super fast):

Shunpo (瞬歩, Flash Steps) is a movement technique which allows the user to move faster than the eye can follow.[3] As speed is the main factor of the technique, the method is best characterized by how fast one can get from point A to point B in the least amount of steps. Training and skill are what determines how fast a user of Shunpo can move. Users of little skill in the technique or those who have not used it for an extended period of time would obviously be out of practice, causing them to be considerably slower, which requires the use of more steps to move the same distance and become winded in a shorter amount of time.[4]

It's funny that people forget Yourichi was tired out from using it due to being out of practice for 100 years against Byakuya and instead believe you somehow just teleport when that's not how it was ever described. :jordangif

And then, you have them bring up that Aizen, if he is a peer to Sukuna, should be able to tank them atleast as well as Gojo can...
But again, we get them acting as if stronger characters will suddenly die to Cleave for far, far less, let alone Malevolent Shrine, let alone if they can flee or just tank through it and beat Sukuna Black and Blue.
So I can't help but smile at this 4 Page Thread where you basically have people just saying the obvious only because it's Bleach, funny isn't it?:risigif

LeonLex

Paramount
So they are arguing... that Aizen can escape Kyoka Suigetsu... using Shunpo... that's just basically moving somewhere in "a few steps than usual"?
:jordangif :jordangif:risigif:heston

Bruh, they don't even realize what they just did and if it was any other forum, they would be destroying Sukuna and other DE users due to that.
I think there may be some typos involved. Cuz why would Aizen need to escape KS?

Anyway, back to dumb stuff. How would Domain Expansion be a counter to KS? Because it "auto hits"?

I think there may be some typos involved. Cuz why would Aizen need to escape KS?

Anyway, back to dumb stuff. How would Domain Expansion be a counter to KS? Because it "auto hits"?

They mean Malevolent Shrine and honestly... I don't know. I mean, Aizen's Reiatsu should be more than enough to destroy the thing inside and outside but I have no idea what these dudes be thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back