• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Domain Expansion being a counter to KS makes no sense

You have to perform a handsign or w/e and then the Domain has to, you know, expand
All Aizen has to do is show you his sword

in an equal stats scenario KS is the faster option

If they meant Domain Amplification, at least I could see their argument :char

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
(and if the series in question doesn't even treat higher dimensions like that)

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Zoro one shots a character he's suppose to, know he mid diffs Mom. lmao

Salfarc

Paramount
They think higher dimensional stuff suddenly means "This guy's stuff is infinitely better and he is untouchable by the lower dimension thing" so they would say something like "11d > 3d" even if the "3d" character could sneeze away a mountain while the "11d" guy has at best kicked a door in

But what exactly is 11D, what entails something to reach 11D. I go to VSBW and while they have 11 things they use like 11A 11B 11C so I think this 11D refers to 11th dimension and is not the tiering from VSBW. What tiering is this from?

At this point I dont actually care what it means just want to know where is it from.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

Zoro one shots a character he's suppose to, know he mid diffs Mom. lmao
You might want to re-write this sentence because I had a stroke reading it :mjgrin

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
afaik we only know of Length, Width, Height, and Time as dimensions

other than that the only thing i found was some string theory theoretical physics shit with no names

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
(and if the series in question doesn't even treat higher dimensions like that)
this is the big issue to me
in theory, it can work, but I am against it being used as the be all end all of tiering a series. DC being lowballed to fuck on VSB is a perfect example of why this doesn't pan out

afaik we only know of Length, Width, Height, and Time as dimensions

other than that the only thing i found was some string theory theoretical physics shit with no names
this is the big issue to me
in theory, it can work, but I am against it being used as the be all end all of tiering a series. DC being lowballed to fuck on VSB is a perfect example of why this doesn't pan out

Exactly both of those is my issue with using Dimensions as some all encompassing crutch.
Dimensions as we know them is literally just Length, Width, Height and Time(aka 1D, 2D, 3D and 4D... needless to say Humanity has no grip on time so we are just 3D beings) and every series uses it in different ways that is just absolutely nonsensical.

Some use it like DC and Marvel does where it's an entirely different existence at 5D, some like Fate actually more use it as a barrier to a different plane of existence(aka JUST a barrier, not the whole place itself). And some don't even do that and Different Dimensions mean squat.
So it's effectively meaningless as a tool to show how strong someone or something is.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
vsb takes it as a representation of an increase by a factor of infinity, which I get in general but is just not how it always works. Even series like Marvel contradict VSB's handling of it, and while you can argue those are jobber moments (for the...cosmology???) or whatever, it still shows how difficult it is to create a streamlined system for VS debate purposes

vsb takes it as a representation of an increase by a factor of infinity, which I get in general but is just not how it always works. Even series like Marvel contradict VSB's handling of it, and while you can argue those are jobber moments (for the...cosmology???) or whatever, it still shows how difficult it is to create a streamlined system for VS debate purposes

Of course it is, that's why I always make fun of the dimensions wank because no series ever has the same level of dimensions because dimensions itself is an enormous hypothesis like Quantum Physics(It's insane how many people don't know that Schrodinger's Cat is a SOLVED paradox and still act like it's a credible theory in Quantum Physics when it's routinely laughed out the door even back then).

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
it's a pretty small handful of series that really delve into all that infinity jargon anyway (Rucker's White Light novel, some Elric stuff, Discworld, a fuckton of SCPs because of course they do, Marvel) so kinda hard imo in general to verify most series are using them in that same sense. I didn't even fully catch Transformers had referenced it at all for around 2 years after I stumbled on one of the initial quotes bumping up the verse.

shiny

Paramount
Of course it is, that's why I always make fun of the dimensions wank because no series ever has the same level of dimensions because dimensions itself is an enormous hypothesis like Quantum Physics(It's insane how many people don't know that Schrodinger's Cat is a SOLVED paradox and still act like it's a credible theory in Quantum Physics when it's routinely laughed out the door even back then).
Schrödinger's cat is not a paradox at all. Schrödinger was just joking. Lol. This is just a literal joke from a historical figure who has become more famous than his other works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back