Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Mard Geer - "I'm going to kill you"
Zeref - "I'm afraid that's not possible for you"

gee I wonder what that could mean

maybe that Mard Geer can't kill him with anything he does?
It means he couldnt kill him
AND WE DONT KNOW WHY

Zeref could mean that if he used Memento Mori he could just get out of its range or something thereby rendering it useless

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
It means he couldnt kill him
AND WE DONT KNOW WHY

Zeref could mean that if he used Memento Mori he could just get out of its range or something thereby rendering it useless
Zeref's whole thing is trying to find something that can kill him.

???

Why would he dodge??

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Then why didnt he let the Demon try.

Can't say it wont work if you didnt try
we also can't say it would work if he did

Thats the problem
We just dont know why.
The simplest explanation is that it just wouldn't kill him even if it landed.

I'm pretty sure the guy who's lived for hundreds of years trying to find a way to kill himself has tried pretty much every means possible to kill himself knows what would or wouldn't work.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
And we don't know if thats true because he immediately killed the demon.

Thats Zeref in a nutshell
There's only so many explanations one can give for the situation though.

A. Memento Mori does not erase things from existence, and Mard Geer was talking out of his ass. (Unlikely)
B. Memento Mori does erase things from existence, and Zeref is unkillable to it (which he says so himself).
C. Memento Mori does erase things from existence, and it could've killed Zeref, yet he didn't let it for some unexplained reason (even though he's trying to die).

So... 🤨

Mard Geer - "I'm going to kill you"
Zeref - "I'm afraid that's not possible for you"

gee I wonder what that could mean

That can mean anything because Zeref literally never gave him the chance to try!
This is not like where we see a villain give his subordinate the chance to kill him and it failed, Zeref literally banished his ass and burnt the book before he did fuck all.

maybe that Mard Geer can't kill him with anything he does?

we're going from "Memento Mori doesn't erase things" to "even if it does, why would Zeref be unkillable to it"

Bro, you are somehow missing the forest for the fucking trees! The whole problem is that it's literally featless outside of a statement and we have to pretend suddenly matters for this reason.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
That can mean anything because Zeref literally never gave him the chance to try!
This is not like where we see a villain give his subordinate the chance to kill him and it failed, Zeref literally banished his ass and burnt the book before he did fuck all.

Bro, you are somehow missing the forest for the fucking trees! The whole problem is that it's literally featless outside of a statement and we have to pretend suddenly matters for this reason.
Give me a reasonable explanation as to what it could mean then.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
There's only so many explanations one can give for the situation though.

A. Memento Mori does not exist things from existence, and Mard Geer was talking out of his ass. (Unlikely)
Why is it unlikely?
B. Memento Mori does erase things from existence, and Zeref is unkillable to it (which he says himself).
With no backing behind it
C. Memento Mori does erase things from existence, and it could've killed Zeref, yet he didn't let it for some unexplained reason (even though he's trying to die).

So... 🤨
This is the situation we are at, because if just reversing what the curse did was enough to kill him permanently, why WOULDNT Memento Mori kill him

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Why is it unlikely?

With no backing behind it

This is the situation we are at, because if just reversing what the curse did was enough to kill him permanently, why WOULDNT Memento Mori kill him
If Memento Mori could've killed him, Zeref would've let him use it on him.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
If Memento Mori could've killed him, Zeref would've let him use it on him.
We are going in circles

Memento Mori cant kill him so zeref killed him -> we dont know that because Zeref killed him -> If it could have killed him Zeref would have let him use it on him -> we dont know that because Zeref killed him -> etc, etc

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
You are literally telling me that it won't work on Zeref because he said so despite the fact that we never see it fail against Zeref? That's precisely the problem when most series actually demonstrate that it WOULDN'T work before stuffing them.
Yeah if the guy who wants to die says something wouldn't kill him after hundreds of years of looking for a form of magic that can kill him?

I'm going to believe him.
Because that's the explanation that makes the most sense.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
We are going in circles

Memento Mori cant kill him so zeref killed him -> we dont know that because Zeref killed him -> If it could have killed him Zeref would have let him use it on him -> we dont know that because Zeref killed him -> etc, etc
We do know that,

Because Zeref says so himself that Mard Geer can't kill him.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
We do know that,

Because Zeref says so himself.
So I guess if a character says something we just gotta take them at face value on whatever they are talking about then
ergo
Nothing Ihiko sees will work on him if he doesnt recognize it
Also if he blocks the attack is then broken and he takes no damage

Cool
Nice buffs all around Pax

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
So I guess if a character says something we just gotta take them at face value on whatever they are talking about then
ergo
Nothing Ihiko sees will work on him if he doesnt recognize it
Also if he blocks the attack is then broken and he takes no damage

Cool
Nice buffs all around Pax
Yeah except this is literally a guy trying to kill himself who's been doing so for hundreds of years and is one of the top experts when it comes to magic in the series

if a spell/curse exists that erases things from existence, you know, exists
and Zeref says the guy can't kill him with it, despite the fact that he wants to die

it will not kill him
he has no reason to lie

like it's not rocket science

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Yeah except this is literally a guy trying to kill himself

if a spell/curse exists that erases things from existence, you know, exists
and Zeref says the guy can't kill him with it, despite the fact that he wants to die

it will not kill him

like it's not rocket science
Nah

going by your logic, as long as the character in question says it wont or will then thats all that matters. Feats or lack of feats be damned
the simpliest explanation is all that matters in your eyes.

So were just gonna run with that for everything now.
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Nah

going by your logic, as long as the character in question says it wont or will then thats all that matters. Feats or lack of feats be damned
the simpliest explanation is all that matters in your eyes.

So were just gonna run with that for everything now.
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF
But the character in question saying it is a reputable source :rock

There's more reason to believe he's right (being one of the most knowledgeable characters on magic in the series, and being an immortal who wants to die) when he says it can't kill him over the idea that he's wrong and it can kill him.

like damn this isn't some random saying this

it's practically the author's mouth piece

Back