• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yeah, but it decreases.

Not to the level that it would weaken the explosion in any way when it's basically pointblank to where most of the energy would be relative to Frieza's location...

If you take a cubic meter of a 100 kg mass, spread it out over ten cubic meters, then you've decreased its density by a factor of 10. The mass is still the same, but the density is changed. I don't know why you keep bringing up Frieza being on the ground or in the ocean or whatever like this matters all that much. A planet is thousands of miles wide, do you think being somewhat underwater is going to increase energy density billions of times over?

Because we literally see the explosion that Namek produces when it exploded:

Yeah, Frieza somehow got hit by a trillionth of that huh?

Just to do some more math for you, suppose Frieza's planet-destroying blast contains "10^36 J" and is "a cubic meter" in volume. The exact figures here are irrelevant (like I said before, explosions losing intensity over distance is true regardless of how strong you think Frieza is). As it expands to the size of the planet (rapidly, given that it's an explosion) this volume will increase to about 10^21 cubic meters, and will accordingly decrease the energy density by that same amount. What was once 10^36 J/m^3 is now 10^15 J/m^3, decreasing by over 20 orders of magnitude. The energy is the same, but the size is changed.

In mathematical terms, what do you think is happening instead? Can you lay out the numbers for me?

(I also have no idea what tectonic plates have to do with this lol)

Put in all of this "math" to show that you are intelligent
Have no idea what Tectonic Plates have to do with a Planet exploding or how little that would dampen a planet exploding

Just keep proving me right there huh?
:risigif

Yeah. How big do you think planets are, and how big do you think Frieza is?

Jesus Christ, I was thinking of a ridiculous scenario of you saying that outright but to actually believe you would say that unironically is some next level shit.

Is this like, bait.

Yes, it's bait because I legit can't believe you toss to me all of that math and somehow miss the very obvious and blatant point of how any of this works. Makes alot of sense considering you believe that Density somehow vanishes instantly or diminishes when the Conservation of Mass and Energy are explicitly a thing that exists.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

alright, can you prove that The pure elements are universal in power?

Because iirc the attack only negated niang niang attack, which didn't even destroy anything worth mentioning. Magic gods durability doesn't translate coronzon attack(pure elements) into universal, since the attack didn't even put niang niang down.
has no idea how pure elements work

This guy has to be a tourist :giogio

Attacks of a higher precedence/rank crush those of a lower precedence/rank with their higher purity (this is exemplified in too many things to name across the series, such as Curtana Original, Terra's Execution of Light, pure elements, the very mechanics of how soul level/rank/precedence works, etc).

How hard is this to get?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
nvm he's now saying Coronzon doesn't scale to the people she fucking fights on-screen several times

he's definitely a tourist :tupac

Mondak

Preeminent
I don't see the contradiction here? It's a sharp sword, Trunks is strong, and Frieza is only taking a small portion of the blast.
At the bare minimum a nearly dead Frieza would be tanking energy that is in the petatons of tnt. Continent level. And since I know you don't believe DBZ characters even have that kind of physical strength, please explain how Trunks was able to cut him in half?

Like, at absolute worst you could just say "piercing =/= blunt" I guess, but I don't think that's really necessary.
You do know how kinetic energy works right? Let me give you a definition
Kinetic energy is a form of energy that an object or a particle has by reason of its motion. If work, which transfers energy, is done on an object by applying a net force, the object speeds up and thereby gains kinetic energy.
Piercing and blunt force both use kinetic energy. There's very little difference
Also

The post is written at a 12th grade level lol
Considering your response to my post, you have no room to talk about anyone's education level

Xcano

Piercing and blunt force both use kinetic energy. There's very little difference
I think you recognize that it'd probably be better to be punched in the face with a hundred Joules than to be stabbed in the face with a hundred Joules. Energy isn't everything that exists- it's not even everything that exists only counting Joules. Your microwave puts out more energy per second than Mike Tyson can strike with. Would you rather Mike Tyson wail on you for 5 seconds or stand in a microwave for an equal amount of time?

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
mkh4dO.gif

Small portion surely

Mondak

Preeminent
I think you recognize that it'd probably be better to be punched in the face with a hundred Joules than to be stabbed in the face with a hundred Joules.
For a normal human, each of those things has the potential to kill that person. So I don't understand how this comparison is relevant when discussing superhuman characters
Energy isn't everything that exists- it's not even everything that exists only counting Joules. Your microwave puts out more energy per second than Mike Tyson can strike with. Would you rather Mike Tyson wail on you for 5 seconds or stand in a microwave for an equal amount of time?
I'm talking about cutting vs blunt force. Not whatever goofy ass metaphor you're bringing up. An almost dead person survived a planetary explosion. No normal sword should effect him unless the user had immense strength.

So explain, without going "um akshually 🤓☝️", how Trunks was able to cut Frieza if the physical strength of DBZ characters doesn't match their ki attacks.

Xcano

An almost dead person survived a planetary explosion. No normal sword should effect him unless the user had immense strength.
Frieza would be enduring magnitudes less energy (as explained here), Trunks is strong (I never denied this), and a sword multiplies how effective this force is. This isn't just true on a human scale, this is true in general. The smaller an area force is applied over the greater the pressure will be. Side-stepping this by pointing out that a punch can also kill someone isn't actually addressing this, it's just dishonest handwaving.

Nothing but a niggas head canon being spewed
mkh4dO.gif

Small portion surely

It's seriously hilarious, isn't it? Like even if we go by what Mondak stated, that would be how we can get from the "smallest" of explosions of a planet exploding or imploding.
Namek's went out like we would see in Super Metroid with only the smallest fragments of the Planet remaining, how in the hell can you say that Frieza only took a "small amount"? While he was so deep in the ocean, that the water is still filling it in despite the sheer volume that would be around?

Xcano

Namek's went out like we would see in Super Metroid with only the smallest fragments of the Planet remaining
I wanted to bring this up earlier, but the fact that any fragments remain at all puts kind of a firm upper limit on how intense the explosion could be at Frieza's location lol.

Like, without getting into any math, if there's remaining fragments and debris then that means that definitionally the explosion had to have left chunks of rock surviving in some form. All this would then mean is that Frieza is some several times as durable as those rock pieces are (and, in fact, may have even been shielded by one).

I only just caught this thread by the by:

Man, the amount of headcanon and fanfiction in this shit is unreal...

"Demon Slayers can just stand on top of the planes and strike down the American Planes", "Demon Slayers can be "invincible guerillas against Americans on their soil"

:jordangif
They know that only applies to the Hashira right? And even that's not that true considering a Flintlock Shotgun was more than enough to be a threat to demons on that level. Weaponry at that time outclassed that shit by leaps and bounds.

I wanted to bring this up earlier, but the fact that any fragments remain at all puts kind of a firm upper limit on how intense the explosion could be at Frieza's location lol.

Yeah it really doesn't, but you can try and tell me otherwise.

Like, without getting into any math, if there's remaining fragments and debris then that means that definitionally the explosion had to have left chunks of rock surviving in some form. All this would then mean is that Frieza is some several times as durable as those rock pieces are (and, in fact, may have even been shielded by one).

giphy.gif

You must be taking the piss, there's no way you said that and actually mean it... there's no fucking way...
Do you actually believe that's scientifically accurate by any means ore measure? "This explosion destroyed most of the Planet... except for these small ass fragments which means the explosion wasn't truly as powerful as you think it is... despite it destroying virtually 95% of the Planet's Mass"
Yeah sure bud... sure.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
alright enough with the agenda pushing

normal shotguns being relevant against demons in DS is a meme and makes no sense when the infamous boulder cutting feat utterly eclipses the force of a shotgun blast:tupac

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
alright enough with the agenda pushing

normal shotguns being relevant against demons in DS is a meme and makes no sense when the infamous boulder cutting feat utterly eclipses the force of a shotgun blast:tupac
Doesn't really change the fact that Genya blew off a Upper Moons head with the blicky unless you wanna go Rui's neck > Upper Moon now.

The Boulder is over hyped as shit that's all, the best speed feat for the hashira is Rengoku blocking machine gun fire from a prequel manga that wasn't even drawn by Gotouge.

Back