• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
VSB profiles are so dumb. “Character A is comparable to Character B”. Okay, let's click on Character B link, “Character B is comparable to Character C. ...Lets click on Character C link, “Character C is comparable to Character D”. This is getting annoying now, lets click on Character D link, “Character D is comparable to Character A”. Fuck this shit I’m out.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
VSB profiles are so dumb. “Character A is comparable to Character B”. Okay, let's click on Character B link, “Character B is comparable to Character C. ...Lets click on Character C link, “Character C is comparable to Character D”. Thjd is getting annoying now, lets click on Character D link, “Character D is comparable to Character A”. Fuck this shit I’m out.
The scaling circle, where the feat that gives each character their tier is never correctly outlined at all.

Shit used to be so common at one point, that even a good chunk of VSBW's users were getting pissed at it, because they could tell it was pure nonsense. :heston

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
VSB profiles are so dumb. “Character A is comparable to Character B”. Okay, let's click on Character B link, “Character B is comparable to Character C. ...Lets click on Character C link, “Character C is comparable to Character D”. This is getting annoying now, lets click on Character D link, “Character D is comparable to Character A”. Fuck this shit I’m out.
Nailed it except your being very generous at saying their monotonous scaling chain ends at just Character D

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
3F913073-DA38-4EE6-8E1A-F375CD65D3E6.jpg

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

Aight the fuck is up with people wanking Falling Devil's ability? It's literally just the more despair you feel the more you float. Many mid-high tiers should already have enough willpower to ignore it, including the trauma-dumping aspect. Denji stopped himself from floating just by thinking happy thoughts for christ sakes.

And even with her causing gravity fluctuations throughout the world, I don't think that's enough for the spiders much less rg's.

Aight the fuck is up with people wanking Falling Devil's ability? It's literally just the more despair you feel the more you float. Many mid-high tiers should already have enough willpower to ignore it, including the trauma-dumping aspect. Denji stopped himself from floating just by thinking happy thoughts for christ sakes.

And even with her causing gravity fluctuations throughout the world, I don't think that's enough for the spiders much less rg's.

That's how it works? Huh, I expected it to be slightly more ridiculous than that.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I'm not sure how they don't avoid the circular reasoning

Scaling chains are fine, you just need a starting measuring stick, which seems to be something they struggle establishing

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
That's how it works? Huh, I expected it to be slightly more ridiculous than that.
It really isn't, the most effective part is that she can bring up past traumas but like I say in the thread, it can still be willpowered through.

Showing past trauma to Gon for instance would just make him angry for example.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

Aren't CSM top tiers above HxH high tiers anyway? :hm

I don't remember exactly where the Gun Devil's stuff was calc'd at in terms of strength though.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
She kinda mind fucks you into it. Denji had to destroy his own brain which is his usual defense when dealing with mental attacks. She can also just fuck with gravity itself but the involuntary floating part is based on mentality. There's also the fact that she's a prime devil so she'd get scaling to characters like Makima and the Gun Devil

She kinda mind fucks you into it. Denji had to destroy his own brain which is his usual defense when dealing with mental attacks. She can also just fuck with gravity itself but the involuntary floating part is based on mentality. There's also the fact that she's a prime devil so she'd get scaling to characters like Makima and the Gun Devil

With how SB put it, they made it seem like the Falling Devil was some impossible monster to fight but it just seems more the series of CSM can't easily deal with her in the same vein as Makima, Gun Devil and Darkness Devil.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
With how SB put it, they made it seem like the Falling Devil was some impossible monster to fight but it just seems more the series of CSM can't easily deal with her in the same vein as Makima, Gun Devil and Darkness Devil.
It's a passive mindfuck that bfr her opponents to hell so it's pretty damn strong yeah. Goldenboy keeps making anote of just having willpower but if all it took was will power Yoru wouldn't have wanted Asa to get the fuck outta there as fast as she did.

It's a passive mindfuck that bfr her opponents to hell so it's pretty damn strong yeah. Goldenboy keeps making anote of just having willpower but if all it took was will power Yoru wouldn't have wanted Asa to get the fuck outta there as fast as she did.

Okay so it's basically Goldenboy downplaying it but at the same time, SB and FV are overrating it at the same time? Yeah, I can see how that happens then.

So basically, the Fallen Devil is pretty strong in mental battles but she's not exactly going to basically beat people far, far above her station?

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Okay so it's basically Goldenboy downplaying it but at the same time, SB and FV are overrating it at the same time? Yeah, I can see how that happens then.

So basically, the Fallen Devil is pretty strong in mental battles but she's not exactly going to basically beat people far, far above her station?
Strong against people with no mental resistance and lots of trauma yeah but anyone stronger than her could likely just kill her even while under it's effects.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Aren't CSM top tiers above HxH high tiers anyway? :hm

I don't remember exactly where the Gun Devil's stuff was calc'd at in terms of strength though.
Its speed was somewhere around mach 800-1.4k and mcb+ at minimum.

Though technically, OG CSM ate a nuke (somehow) which is why they don't exist in current CSM so it could theoretically be much higher for the high tiers :bmay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back