• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
It's a passive mindfuck that bfr her opponents to hell so it's pretty damn strong yeah. Goldenboy keeps making anote of just having willpower but if all it took was will power Yoru wouldn't have wanted Asa to get the fuck outta there as fast as she did.
I mean Asa doesn't have much willpower. She's pretty much a normal girl. Denji on the other hand literally yelled happy stuff and stopped both of them from floating.

She kinda mind fucks you into it. Denji had to destroy his own brain which is his usual defense when dealing with mental attacks. She can also just fuck with gravity itself but the involuntary floating part is based on mentality. There's also the fact that she's a prime devil so she'd get scaling to characters like Makima and the Gun Devil
I can get her scaling above Gun Devil but why Makima?

Makima was defeated by Darkness an uber-tier primal as in "never been killed" but still managed to make him bleed(a bit)

Fami has direct control over Falling, it's more likely that excluding primals like Darkness the Four Horseman are equal to primal devils.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Don't forget about Chainsaw Man also eating a literal star (or star light?) Devil :mjpls

Maybe :mjgrin

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I mean Asa doesn't have much willpower. She's pretty much a normal girl. Denji on the other hand literally thought happy stuff and stopped both of them from floating.

Makima was defeated by Darkness an uber-tier primal as in "never been killed" but still managed to make him bleed(a bit)

Fami has direct control over Falling, it's more likely that excluding primals like Darkness the Four Horseman are equal to primal devils.
Isn't that a default characteristic of all Primordial Devils though?

I don't think we're ever given any indication of where exactly Darkness sits in comparison to the other Primordials (although I definitely would think they're up there, since Darkness/the fear of the Unknown are pretty up there in terms of fears even among the primal fears)

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
0127-011.png

This is what stopped there fall.

Isn't that a default characteristic of all Primordial Devils though?

I don't think we're ever given any indication of where exactly Darkness sits in comparison to the other Primordials.
I actually forgot that didn't apply to just darkness.
Also darkness is well, fear of the dark, so I think top dog.

Especially since Fami has control over Falling and Fami says she has control over the starved. Meaning she needed to somehow starve a primal.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean Asa doesn't have much willpower. She's pretty much a normal girl. Denji on the other hand literally yelled happy stuff and stopped both of them from floating.
Yoru herself didn't want to fight Falling more than likely because she knew even if she could get Asa to calm down it wasn't a fight she could win. It also didn't work when Falling went directly for fucking with his mind which is when he had to destroy his brain.

I said scaling to, not above. They're more than likely all in the same ballpark of each other. Also remember, the devils embody concepts and Fami can control anyone who's "hungry".

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Would soul-affecting stuff directly bypass stuff like Makima's contract with the Prime Minister?

Because Xhom mentioned that earlier in the context of Noble Phantasms but I wasn't too sure about how that'd work :hm

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Yoru herself didn't want to fight Falling more than likely because she knew even if she could get Asa to calm down it wasn't a fight she could win. It also didn't work when Falling went directly for fucking with his mind which is when he had to destroy his brain.
I think that was him simply not expecting it cause the same thing happens when Asa tells him he's never having sex.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Would soul-affecting stuff directly bypass stuff like Makima's contract with the Prime Minister?

Because Xhom mentioned that earlier in the context of Noble Phantasms but I wasn't too sure about how that'd work :hm
Maybe. Other than manipulating contracts she hasn't shown any soul manip.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Maybe, but Denji bypassed her contract to and she just reformed in hell. Unless you can get rid of the concept they embody (like Pochita/CSM) you likely can't kill them for good.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
He wouldn't have needed to destroy his brain if thinking happy thoughts would have been enough at that time

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
No dude, he only has to cut his brain up that one instance, the other times they were being affected by her passive
Her digging up trauma is her passive though?
The same thing happens to Asa (getting flashbacks to her orphanage) and Falling never did the "fall" sign to her.
He wouldn't have needed to destroy his brain if thinking happy thoughts would have been enough at that time
I take it as him not knowing the mechanics until the next chapter (when he says think happy thoughts) which is when he realizes its falling into despair that makes you float.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Ya know the biggest issue I've seen with modern debaters is folks tend to ignore context and never go out there way to explain why x scales to y

And most of the time when they do and have you go look at the proof said proof is damn flimsy

Ky vs God i-no being the biggest one I noticed

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
yeah here

6lIIXti.png

is how Falling describes her ability, there's no reason to denote past traumas if that wasn't the reason why people float also,

Yoru herself didn't want to fight Falling more than likely because she knew even if she could get Asa to calm down it wasn't a fight she could win.
Yoru didn't want to fight Falling because Asa was being affected by Falling's ability. And without Asa they can't make powerful weapons.

gi1zZXl.png

And then Yoru lost the ability to possess Asa.

EDIT: Also remember Yoru is way weaker than the other horsemen because of whatever Chainsaw Man did to her.

Ya know the biggest issue I've seen with modern debaters is folks tend to ignore context and never go out there way to explain why x scales to y

And most of the time when they do and have you go look at the proof said proof is damn flimsy

God I-No is hilarious because the context is not only extremely important, the game beats it into you hardcore.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

you already know what im gonna say at this point :skully

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Her digging up trauma is her passive though?

She does it to Denji who's already resisting her passive
The same thing happens to Asa (getting flashbacks to her orphanage) and Falling never did the "fall" sign to her.

"Fall" is not an actual command. It's clear when she makes direct contact she has much more influence over the person.
I take it as him not knowing the mechanics until the next chapter (when he says think happy thoughts) which is when he realizes its falling into despair that makes you float.
And thinking happy thoughts alone more than likely wouldn't have saved him when she brought up his past. It barely stopped Asa and she's got less than half the baggage Denji does and the moment he lost focus when she said he wasn't getting laid they flew straight into hell and just barely made it back. But I see what you mean.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
yeah here

6lIIXti.png

is how Falling describes her ability, there's no reason to denote past traumas if that wasn't the reason why people float also,

No fucking duh

when did I say otherwise lol

I'm saying she does this passively, but can exert more control if need be

Yoru didn't want to fight Falling because Asa was being affected by Falling's ability. And without Asa they can't make powerful weapons.

gi1zZXl.png
uh no

3xanUsQ.jpg

Literally as soon as Yoru realizes who they're dealing with she wants to fucking dip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back