• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...s-sukuna-jujutsu-kaisen.1114916/post-95576659
Oh great split durability.:dumbpepe
Nine can take attacks from 100% OFA Deku and Bakugo, but because he has never tanked cutting attacks before, he would be cut to pieces by Sukuna's technique. Not even the space cutting one, but the one that other JJK characters have handled.
The guy even says if you can show him Nine no-selling a bullet, he would be able to buy Nine tanking Sukuna's attack. :dank

I feel like these are all just kind of valid points that aren't even really addressed inasmuch as they're brushed aside for emotional convenience. What if he just said "Sure, all those criticisms are valid"? I don't think Mook is ignoring these points. Do you have an account? You could just ask him if he thinks Endeavor having to dodge nail gun fire is an important piece of evidence. Even if he does say "No" I'd be surprised if his reasoning just began and ended at "Because if I believed that I'd also have to readjust my priors on a bunch of other things too".

I don't have an account there anymore because if I did, I would have already told Mook dead ass that he's an idiot. Secondly, it shouldn't be my job to say that, since you have an account there, why don't you tell Mook and the others that?
Because what I stated was in that thread and the main ones going through that ignored it because...

That's the style of SB as someone whose been there for 3 years and it has gotten worse since.

Xcano

why don't you tell Mook and the others that?
Because I think it's valid to acknowledge these things, so Mook's comment doesn't raise any red flags in my mind. If I saw Mook displaying double standards with regards to his treatment of MHA against Naruto I might call it out if I had the time and energy, but I don't think Mook is making many positive claims about MHA (does he even mention it in that post?) inasmuch as he's just addressing claims about Naruto. Frankly I don't even know if Mook has read MHA. He's not my friend or anything.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It was a discussion in the kamachiland server iirc before I was banned (it was all paxes fault btw, I was innocent, he framed me) Where we were talking about how Touma was possibly hit at the end of the second fight with Accel in the novel.
I don’t even want to know what you and Pax do on there

:tiredpepe

In all seriousness, I do remember Accelerator genuinely trying to kill him in their second fight, but I'd have to check.
He was.
Thing is Touma managed to avoid a direct hit from those wings the whole time. He got hit by plenty of the shockwaves and debris in that fight but always managed either dodge or divert getting directly hit by Accelerator

And so,

Lessar, the magician travelling with Kamijou Touma, watched their battle from afar.

Observing from the angle of magic, the black wings of the mysterious attacker were like an embodiment of terror. But even more frightening was Kamijou Touma who could suppress even those wings.

“(Just then…)”

Lessar was going over what she had just witnessed once again in her mind.

“(That guy… caught one of the black wings that split into more than a hundred branches and twisted it…?)”

That boy’s right hand seemed to have the effect of negating any supernatural power. But, because of limits there were cases where massive powers that couldn’t be negated completely ended up only blocked by the right hand. From what she had seen, Fiamma’s special giant sword had taken a while before it was erased completely.

Normally speaking, being unable to negate something completely… should be a disadvantage for him.

But,

Just now, that teenager used that ‘flaw’ to deliberately grab a black wing he couldn’t negate completely. Then twist the wing to make the attacker lose his balance, and create a small safe area when he was surrounded completely by the black wings.

Negation and disruption.

Matching his opponent’s strength, and using his ability for the maximum benefit.

Had this cruel war provided an opportunity to greatly enhance that teenager’s power?

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I don’t even want to know what you and Pax do on there

:tiredpepe

He was.
Thing is Touma managed to avoid a direct hit from those wings the whole time. He got hit by plenty of the shockwaves and debris in that fight but always managed either dodge or divert getting directly hit by Accelerator
To be honest, I don't even remember why we all got banned at that time.

The vs thread got nuked that day as well (not to the fault of me or him, of course) :tupac

Because I think it's valid to acknowledge these things, so Mook's comment doesn't raise any red flags in my mind. If I saw Mook displaying double standards with regards to his treatment of MHA against Naruto I might call it out if I had the time and energy, but I don't think Mook is making many positive claims about MHA (does he even mention it in that post?) inasmuch as he's just addressing claims about Naruto. Frankly I don't even know if Mook has read MHA. He's not my friend or anything.

Addressing claims for Naruto in that extremely shoddy manner meanwhile ignoring the blatant double standard regardless is the problem right there.
It doesn't matter if you are trying to address one side of the divide because it should be easily known better than that. I can't try and basically turn my nose at something when it can be easily turned against you entirely and ignoring doesn't mean it goes away, it means you are allowing a blatant double standard to stay uncontested.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Before I head back to work I just wanna say @Xcano
welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here. We are a lot more lenient here than SB so feel free to speak your mind openly. People may disagree but we will never silence anyone from speaking their speak.

If you need to know anything just message me or @Ral and we will do what we can to help

:lit

LeonLex

Paramount
Homelander wanker gets beaten up for 2 pages.

This ignores that the opposite is just as valid. If the sound isn't moving at the speed of sound then why should we assume it's faster than normal and not slower? Lightning jutsu is slower than real lightning so we could just as easily decide the sound works the same.
We had lightning jutsu slower than litghtning. Now we get sound justu slower than sound.
Basically, this is the issue. A lot of the 'this is clearly supersonic...' stuff is really more, 'this is supersonic provided you accept my highly specific assumptions and cherrypick actions' But those assumptions are not givens, and it also relies on us looking the other way and making very specific high-end assumptions for a lot of feats.
Specific low-ends that downplay a character I hate are fine, but the specific high-ends (most of which aren't even high ends) are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back