• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Scarlet King as a concept tbh is ass. Trying to make a big bad for something like the scp foundation doesn't work, especially with how current writers are using him. You already have 862, and 173.
scarlet king is good both for the time it was introduced and also specifically Tufto’s extremely abstract interpretation but most writers want him to be azathoth knockoff #7483939474939 which always sucks ass
It also doesnt work when O'Death has shown that all them niggas just can die anyway if Death just decides to say fuck it
no real single canon so that don’t necessarily apply to every story 🥶

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
no real single canon so that don’t necessarily apply to every story 🥶
Happy Season 5 GIF by The Office

and that where the entire thig becomes shit because you get clowns doing fuckery and making absolute ASS

You're already playing with fire , playing nice with Xcunt .

Tread lightly .

To be honest, I'm just using him to prove that I can be a nice guy to those who think I'm just being abrasive to Spacebattles for the sake of it. I have not forgotten their history of any kind and as long as they play it forward, I will stay kind to them.

The second they unmasked... you can see my attitude towards GaRbS these days for that.

Xcano

I think the thing that annoys me most about SCP threads is that people just kind of arbitrarily cut themselves off without going all-in on it. Like I've seen people say that deleted articles or other language branches are "canon", as is off-site WoG, but games like Containment Breach and Secret Labs aren't. Why the fuck not? Lol. There's no definition of the canon to begin with. Is it just because the former content was, at some point or another, hosted on wikidot servers? And WoG counts because it's... content from a guy who has also, at some point, hosted content on the wikidot servers? In that case I have "WoG power" just because I've made an account on the website and left a few comments (which anyone else can do as well).

Other times I'll see people invoke some kind of weird hypertime-esque meta-canon thing where like all SCP-related content is canon, and I think this is closer to going all-in so I respect that more. But in practice this still ends up just being like, a guy scouring around online for random SCP videos or stories that have stupid huge feats in them so they can go "that's how strong 173 REALLY is". Like, just write it yourself dude. There's no actual tangible divide between you and an SCP creator other than the willpower to put pen to paper for a bit. You can just make it up and then say "and that's my SCP story set in Universe-38420", nobody can stop you. It's literally just as canon as anything else is.

Though, well, of course that isn't entirely true. Jeff the Killer or Bigfoot are similar to SCP in that they are also collaborative folklore with no real defining "canon", but there's definitely some kind of cultural "canon" to it in the sense that Bigfoot's specific size and strength might vary but the average person doesn't picture him as a 70 foot tall kaiju who kicks with enough force to split mountains. Similarly, even complete "trash content" like those "What if SCP-096 was in the Backrooms???" videos are still usually going to depict 096 as a guy who runs at you with his arms outstretched at a brisk 10~20 m/s pace and not someone who like FTE-teleports to your location the femtosecond he enters your peripheral. But once you acknowledge stuff like this you'd have to have a more nuanced and effortful discussion about the "average 096" than just Googling around for specific authors who do write 096 like an anime monster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back