• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
The idea of a farmer with a shotgun being able to beat Shrike from the Hyperion Cantos is purely speculative and comes from the realm of fiction or imagination. Shrike is a highly advanced and formidable being from the science fiction universe of the Hyperion Cantos, possessing tremendous strength, speed, and weaponry. In contrast, a farmer with a shotgun is a more mundane and realistic concept, depicting someone who has a simple firearm and likely lacks the advanced technology and abilities of Shrike.

In reality, it's highly unlikely that a farmer with a shotgun would be able to defeat Shrike. Shrike's capabilities and strengths are far beyond the reach of a typical human, even one armed with a shotgun. This scenario may be entertaining to ponder as part of storytelling or speculative discussion, but in the context of the Hyperion Cantos universe, it is highly improbable.
Based AI
:mjlol

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Which reminds me, will lifewiping Bleach earth will have any effect on Seireitei?
Not immediately no because all those souls would remain in Earth until they are sent on and then having ALL those souls sent on at once would obviously fuck with the balance of souls and shit, which would necessitate a WHOLE BUNCH of Rukongai genocide to even out. :maybe

Proto234

Distinguished
Not immediately no because all those souls would remain in Earth until they are sent on and then having ALL those souls sent on at once would obviously fuck with the balance of souls and shit, which would necessitate a WHOLE BUNCH of Rukongai genocide to even out. :maybe
So the Empire doesn't need to attack Seireitei since the ensuing chaos will do their job for them?

Yeah, I can take that. It will be interesting to see the civil war

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

Honestly, if they have all vocations, spells, and the like, they can probably make it through all of them if they do it right. They should still be able to collect gear, but even without that Dragon's Dogma tends to be much more lenient with its spell-casting, with the trade for some harsh charge times on the bigger moves. Biggest advantages lie in things like hover magic, which clears a lot of platforming, and true auto-lock attacks that can slowly chip down practically anything. Heal magic too, so no worries about running out like all Fromsoft protags do. Being able to hang on and stab probably helps against more than a few enemies, funnily enough.

The tradeoff is they're nowhere near as physically capable, so they're not trading blows with the Nameless King or something. They're designed to work with pawns, so not having one for aggro screws spells like High Bolide, Gicel, Fulmination, etc, with full casts of 10 seconds, but if the Arisen does get those spells off, absolutely massive damage. They're not useless in melee by any means, but the Guts sword is the biggest thing I remember, and you swing those weapons like a snail.

They all have much more game-breaking combos than Fromsoft allows, like taking periapts, loading explosive arrows, and then firing the tenfold flurry to erase all things in creation.

Just straight ASS

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
They never played Dragon's Dogma.

That's it, that's the only rational explanation I can come up with for this downplay. Like I knew SB is dumb as hell but you gotta be legit brain damaged, failed school levels of dumb to look at what the Arisen can do and go "yeah but a FromSoft protagonist is physically stronger"

Like tell me right now what the fuck is stopping the Arisen from just Daigo parrying every single FromSoft boss/sending their ass to the stratosphere with Arc of Obliteration/using Brain Splitter in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back