• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
r s and Nodragon argue about CuAlter needing physical movement for casing rune View attachment 908Nodragon said CuAlter doesn't need physical movement to cast runes.View attachment 904

R S shows video where it doesn't say nor show CuAlter needing to do physical movement.

I told him that video is supporting Nodragon instead.
View attachment 905
Then he claim it is absence of evidence, "no evidence". I already explain to him how it is evidence of absence not absence of evidence
View attachment 906
And then he say this
View attachment 907

Imagine showing video of someone not doing something and say it isn't prove that something isn't done...When he just claim that something is needed to be done.

Like imagine saying "just because it didn't show that Shirou need to eat dirt before tracing doesn't means its not needed"

In a sense, you need movement... but it's honestly exaggerated pretty fiercely and ignores that:

1. We have seen Cu, Scathath, Scathath Skadi and even Sigurd(Through Surtr who sucks at anything that isn't Fire) use Runes extremely casually(Sigurd Surtr literally does a Death Rune inbetween cutting Holmes with Gram) with the only time Cu has to hand draw them... is when he's dying in UBW and that was outside of combat.

2. You can literally inscribe Runes into rocks, gems and otherwise for even faster effects which we see Cu do in the HF anime and we see it in the Craft Essence in FGO:

This is even dumber considering Scathath herself outright states Cu Alter is using Runes to repair is destroy arm mid throw:

Which really shows these people aren't even trying anymore and is just picking and choosing shit(Especially when Ainz hasn't shown fuck all when it comes to dealing with anyone on the list, including Astolfo).

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
On a SW related note, while it’s nowhere near universe level, I am kind of amused that Darth Bane gets blatantly powerscaled to a world-razing ritual

Banite scaling posits that every Sith Lord and apprentice after Bane get incrementally stronger, culminating in Plagueis and Sidious metaphysically wrestling with the Force and tipping it toward the Dark Side. The Jedi apparently covered the galaxy in a sort of light aspected Force Bubble, which Plagueis and Sidious punched a hole through
It extends to just about anyone relevant, yeah. Thon himself is strong, but he's nothing that even Jedi Ulic didn't manage to match in terms of accolades. Banite, Ancient Sith, KOTOR era, etc all have some kind of connection that can lead back to it.

Also worth noting that, to the awareness of the Jedi of Thon's day, the ritual itself involved calling upon more darkside energy than had ever been done before. The knowledge would be limited, but showings including Naga Sadow detonating the Denarii Nova within the Meditation Sphere would have been included.

AllForOne

Illustrious

Oh boy.

Oh god no, please do not try and go into this shit and think you are being intelligent...

For an easy to understand example, I make the claim that Gawain does not need to swing his sword to use his NP. I mention a fgo cutscene, where every character is static, as evidence. Someone else posts the video with a timestamp saying "This did not mention he doesn't need to swing his sword to use his NP"

In this scenario, I am wrong. Because I am claiming my proposition is true (no swing needed for NP) because no-one has presented evidence that it is. That is a claim which needs evidence. If someone else refers to the scene and it doesn't have evidence, that claim is wrong.

200w.gif

An attempt to try and make his point about the fallacy, he ends up basically tries and fails to make everyone but himself(and the other Overlord fanboys) look like a hypocritical idiot...

1. We have evidence that Excalibur Galatine requires Gawain to have his sword as his Noble Phantasm IS Excalibur Galatine itself... the weapon he has.

2. Gawain is NOT an FGO-exclusive character and came from Fate/Extra which we do in fact see him using Excalibur Galatine... with his sword:

3. Gawain has had MULTIPLE appearances in different games entirely which ALSO have him use Excalibur Galatine... with his sword.

Thus, the argument he tries to pull literally doesn't work at all in any fashion... but it DOES highlight the fact that he literally does the same shit with Overlord despite no one showing any evidence of ANYTHING that has Ainz somehow working through MR, not only somehow affect them in their element, but somehow Ainz not being made a smear on the wall either or his Time Stop being on the level of an Authority to straight up affect a Servant.

EDIT: To put it into extremely simple terms, in trying to point out the argument of appealing to ignorance, it only shows how much he and the other Overlord fanboys(and hell SB in general) use the argument itself to try and bolster their arguments rather than do any research meanwhile using it to cover their own asses on any lies or faults on them.

Thus it's a shitty attempt to shift the Burden of Proof which unironically, falls into this:

There's a reason why I constantly state this because it's the thing that people in the VS. Community need to understand first and foremost:

"The Absence of Evidence does not equal The Evidence of Absence"(Yes, I do keep using The Boondocks version of it for the funny but it IS still true).

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

EstrellaDeLeonn:

Projecting much with that cope take?

F7Yu1pZXYAApN37.jpg

That CaV will suck ass through a straw when your only argument is to seriously argue DBS characters are still stuck at Saiyan Saga levels

:hestonpls
All I'm thinking is that this moron just copy-pasta'd Suguru Geto from JJK to try and make his god awful point that has no genuine backing behind it. First arc DBS God Goku soloes, and this user can cope and seethe over that all they like. :jordangif

Salfarc

Paramount
This is even dumber considering Scathath herself outright states Cu Alter is using Runes to repair is destroy arm mid throw:

Which really shows these people aren't even trying anymore and is just picking and choosing shit(Especially when Ainz hasn't shown fuck all when it comes to dealing with anyone on the list, including Astolfo).

Yes this video is the same video R S use, and I told him "that video confirms what Nodragon said that there is no sign of movement needed for casting rune"

What did R S said? "Just because it doesn't show here, doesn't mean its not needed". Yeah so for R S to debunk that it isn't needed he will use a video that doesn't show it's needed. Very clever.

He said its just to show what is it that Nodragon talking about which is quite useless since they both know what Nodragon is talking about.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
As long as Aizen has access to kido, she loses.
Aizen with Kidou
Base Aizen? Being able to USE any Kido before she blitzes the shit out of him? :heston
Would you be so kind to present the feats? :kermit
Being able to dodge a stronger version of Aizen's attack while actively slowed down by the gauntlets she was wearing.:maybe
How anyone can read that fight and somehow think Base Aizen wins against any of the Exiles is beyond me. :kobeha
If she can truly use her whole arsenal (aside from the thunder cat form), then she has a decent shot at defeating him.

But it’s not at all a one sided battle, Aizen could also win with Kido.
It absolutely IS one-sided and NO, Aizen can't win but anything but KS, which he doesn't have here.

Last edited:
Yes this video is the same video R S use, and I told him "that video confirms what Nodragon said that there is no sign of movement needed for casting rune"

What did R S said? "Just because it doesn't show here, doesn't mean its not needed". Yeah so for R S to debunk that it isn't needed he will use a video that doesn't show it's needed. Very clever.

He said its just to show what is it that Nodragon talking about which is quite useless since they both know what Nodragon is talking about.

I mean, go back and read my earlier post of why what he's doing(As well as the entire Overlord crew) is garbage:

TL;DR: They are using the "Appealing To Ignorance" fallacy to pretend you can't prove it's something Cu Alter does... despite the story itself telling you what Cu Alter does. The problem with that though is that it's an inherent fallacy that ceases to work when you explicitly say things like that without any lack of research aka, the Absence of Evidence is not the Evidence of Absence.

As the previous example shows, the difference between evidence that something is absent (e.g., an observation that suggests there were no dragons here today) and simple absence of evidence (e.g., no careful research has been done) can be nuanced. Indeed, scientists will often debate whether an experiment's result should be considered evidence of absence, or if it remains absence of evidence. The debate regards whether the experiment would have detected the phenomenon of interest if it were there.[5]

The argument from ignorance for "absence of evidence" is not necessarily fallacious, for example, that a potentially life-saving new drug poses no long-term health risk unless proved otherwise. On the other hand, were such an argument to rely imprudently on the lack of research to promote its conclusion, it would be considered an informal fallacy whereas the former can be a persuasive way to shift the burden of proof in an argument or debate.[6]

i.e. What he and the entire Overlord side(And hell, what SB tends to do in general) wants to do while hilariously not proving why anything Ainz should do should work and also Appealing To Ignorance.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
as i read again some sb vs threads, that reaching for jjk in sb, by competing with chars way above their weight class, is something, that not even jordan in the space jam movie, couldnt stretch/reach, sb, went into further levels than that :mjlol :hestonpls

as i read again some sb vs threads, that reaching for jjk in sb, by competing with chars way above their weight class, is something, that not even jordan in the space jam movie, couldnt stretch/reach, sb, went into further levels than that :mjlol :hestonpls

Seeing their VS. matchup with Kagurabachi characters vs. DS Demons is some real ass other shit :risigif

Characters literally use a Kaioken equivalent and destroy a huge chunk of an Earth Platform with his head casually
"That wouldn't even cut Rui's neck"

:forizzle

:win Pure Fandumb energy right there:risigif

The Gotei captains had far better performances against far stronger versions of the Elites in the manga and the same shit is very likely to happen in the anime

So I imagine it will always be contentious tbh

:forizzle

BossKitten is correct, the Gotei 13 did NOT have cleaner wins over the Squad 0 by any metric...
Mayuri won only because of him getting DAMN lucky Pernida decided to go and eat Nemu and didn't eat her brain specifically and died to cancer cell overload, otherwise Mayuri would be dead.

Shunsui won because of literal plot weapon by Nanao.

Askin was dumpstering everyone including Kisuke and won by Grimmjow stabbing him in the back unawares(While it was set up by Kisuke, it was the same issue as before) and they would have died by Askin's suicide attack if it wasn't for Neliel saving them from the brink.

And they didn't even defeat Gerard, Yhwach had to do that for them. Same with Uryu and Haschwalth.

I have no idea why people are shitting on Squad Zero when Senjumaru alone dumpstered them all at full power and Uryu is only going to be active and win because we KNOW he's basically special as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back