• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It’s also two opposing extremes.

Reddit and VBW wank and high ball everything with the former borrowing the logic of the latter

While Spacebattles takes the low ends. Yes even when it comes to the verses that get played as favorites on there for the most part. They just argue whatever is put against say Twilight being dropped down a level the sparkly vampire can beat
Reddit high balls stuff now

Since when lmao, last I remember they were just Spacebattles 2.0

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Since when lmao, last I remember they were just Spacebattles 2.0
Always? Everything on there is a copy and paste job of Vs Battle Wiki. Me and Galaxy even linked a few threads on there.

Unless your talking CharacterRant which is redundant since that’s got several SBers running the show

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
reddit’s actual powerscaling threads/subsection tends to highball hella stuff
think I saw an unironic “DC humans are outerversal” thread there once lol

characterrant is usually just really insane downplay though. They have all kinds.

Look at the second link MasterBlack06 posted.
In that MHA match-up Starsight said that Shigaraki tanked attacks above city busting.
Which it's probably wrong considering that Shigaraki has been hurt by less and is getting carried by his regen.
Oh, but I think people...At least in spacebattle argues that Midoriya reaches above city busting since quite some time.

Midoriya, AFO, sigh Bakugou and I think even Endeavor hit Island level
The problem is that SB tends to not really give the best of reasons of why they are City level at all past bad scaling in excess and pushing to ludicrous degrees(Like with them believing the Main UA Training Building is somehow the size of a City and thus that's what Bakugou's fully charged attack did despite that even if we take it to being 4 Football sized Stadiums combined, it would STILL not be close to City, it would be Town).

reddit’s actual powerscaling threads/subsection tends to highball hella stuff
think I saw an unironic “DC humans are outerversal” thread there once lol

characterrant is usually just really insane downplay though. They have all kinds.

Basically. Their equivalent of Powerscaling/Respect Threads tends to highball the shit out of stuff.
Then you have shit like CharacterRant which is basically Spacebattles 2.0
And inbetween is the typical WhoWouldWin which can fluctuate between both depending on whose backing up who(As usual, Ainz, Gojo and the like tends to get wanked out the ass).

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm only surprised because there was a point where Reddit (at least the r/whowouldwin subreddit) and Characterrant were one and the same

I remember I saw people agree that Master Chief would stomp 2016 Doom Slayer because the latter couldn't go through a broken door that was part of the map :mjlol

How would Miyamoto Iori vs Overlord verse be?

Iori tears apart Overlord unironically...
Anything Musashi and Kojiro among other Sword Saints can do(Cut Space, Fate, Karma, Magic, etc.), Iori can also do.
If this is SB though, they'll pretend Iori is just "Normal Human level" and somehow get bodied by a grunt or Ainz can just perfectly get shit done before oneshotting Iori because he HAPPENS to be immune to Sword Saint abilities.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
He can't? I thought he could, isn't he a Sword Saint by the end of Samurai Remnant?!
More like Sword Demon and cutting shit like Fate or Karma isn't standard fair once you reach that level.

You can argue space cutting from Void Stance and TG's own brand of fuckery and that's pretty much it.

The fact that there are people saying that benders are glass cannons proves their ass did NOT watch the show :char

niggas get hit by building sized rocks all the time and you think a bullet is gonna put them out of commission?

Benders can literally get hit by flames and explosions and aren't instantly killed by them and ESPECIALLY getting struck by fucking LIGHTNING(Aang only died because Azula explicitly aimed for his Heart) and they can be frozen without issues.

Anyone who believes they can be killed by a bullet is some idiots.

EDIT: Hell, most people don't get that having enough water pressure put on you is infinitely more deadly than any gun and we have Water Cutters that can casually cut through STEEL and the Water from a Water Tower can effortlessly crush CARS. Water Benders can do that and no one is rendered into mulch from that shit...
A simple bullet ain't doing shit.

SupremeZaarin

Illustrious

There's still no reason he can't replicate midichlorians to access the force though. This is cross-verse battle, meaning similar abilities do function as intended as per rule 13:
13) Physical laws and general reality are assumed to be contiguous and interoperable within the boundaries of common sense in a versus debate.

Kars does possess the powerset neccessary to copy midichlorians as already mentioned by another user in this thread

No, even if Kars get midi-chlorians and multiply that by whatever number he wants. He still doesn't have any access to the Force.

I hate it when people misunderstood on how midi-chlorians works. They are just described in the Darth Plagueis novel, that they simply act as the translators of the will of the Force.

The Force wouldn't grant Kars access to its power.

The only way to get the Force is if your are granted by the Force itself. Only having midi-chlorians ain't gonna cut it.

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

No, even if Kars get midi-chlorians and multiply that by whatever number he wants. He still doesn't have any access to the Force.

I hate it when people misunderstood on how midi-chlorians works. They are just described in the Darth Plagueis novel, that they simply act as the translators of the will of the Force.

The only way to get the Force is if your are granted by the Force itself. Only having midi-chlorians ain't gonna cut it.
Niggas think theyn using Novel Kars or some shit

You can just say it like this:

Midi-Chlorians are literally the way to measure how strong someone is in The Force... that's it. It's literally just the Powerscaling Devices you see in DBZ, no more, no less.
I already said it before and will do so again:

I never get tired of seeing idiots believe the Midi-Chlorians are The Force because they are too idiotic to actually understand the basic ass comprehension of what Qui-Gon Jinn stated and what Lucas had to personally state himself in an interview recently on what they are.
EDIT: My dumbass should have watched the video lol. Just go with this one:

Randomdude

Preeminent
Maybe they only watched the films and just assumed. I stand by introducing them was a stupid idea because I think most people are like me, where they watched the films, maybe played a few games and haven't touched/thought about star wars since. All the novels/eu stuff are things Im pretty sure ninety percent of the people who watched Star Wars know nothing about (Hell I didn't know there were novels until I got into vs debating)

I still haven't seen any of the shows related to star wars, I haven't seen any of George lucas's explanations, and the only book I ever read was one a friend loaned me about force zombies. Heck despite the planet eating super sith in kotor 2 I still find some of the high end crazy stuff in star wars wild (Not to say I don't believe it of course, just that there is an interesting disconnect in my mind there. Probably because the boss battles with them are rather underwhelming and that tidbit fades to the back of my mind)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back