Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Does he even clear the first series? From what I’ve heard, besides strictly statements of him being able to take out stars, his own feats are hard capped at Continental at best

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yeah that’s unlikely. Especially when the series isn’t translated and those that I’ve read it have other answers

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Yeah that’s unlikely. Especially when the series isn’t translated and those that I’ve read it have other answers
Apparently it is fully translated since there seems to be only 12 volumes.

Ill probably take the time to sit down and read it.
Maybe this will be my pet project for a while

I still to this day cannot understand how Spacebattles believe being able to fly by itself means anything in a battle...
If you are able to fly like Superman and fly far faster than your opponent, then it wouldn't matter either way. if you can fly at the same speed your opponent can react to, it's not much of a boost because while yes, you can move on 3D, that's not much of a boon because of the fact that the opponent can and will meet you head on.

And if you specialize in long range attacks and they don't, flying doesn't give you a huge edge there either because your long range attacks would still be huge because you are far away and they need to be close to attack you.

The problem here is that nothing I see here from Fern would suddenly mean it's a danger to Gaara, especially in the field where he fought Kimimaro at because that's where he can create whole ass sandstorms even then, making the advantage null and void.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

d27.jpg

Don't mind me, just gonna catch some fishes is all :mjpls

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

I still to this day cannot understand how Spacebattles believe being able to fly by itself means anything in a battle...
If you are able to fly like Superman and fly far faster than your opponent, then it wouldn't matter either way. if you can fly at the same speed your opponent can react to, it's not much of a boost because while yes, you can move on 3D, that's not much of a boon because of the fact that the opponent can and will meet you head on.

And if you specialize in long range attacks and they don't, flying doesn't give you a huge edge there either because your long range attacks would still be huge because you are far away and they need to be close to attack you.

The problem here is that nothing I see here from Fern would suddenly mean it's a danger to Gaara, especially in the field where he fought Kimimaro at because that's where he can create whole ass sandstorms even then, making the advantage null and void.

I mean

Gaara can also fly. He uses his sand like a nimbus cloud more than once.

And the best defense against Soul Track is "high density magical (chakra) shields" which is what his sand gourd and thus personal protection is

And the best offense against standard magical shields is "throw lots of mass at it" which is kinda Gaara's whole thing

And he's faster than her even if you grant Mach 300 reactions.

Gaara is nearly a perfect counter to Frieren :skully

I mean

Gaara can also fly. He uses his sand like a nimbus cloud more than once.

And the best defense against Soul Track is "high density magical (chakra) shields" which is what his sand gourd and thus personal protection is

And the best offense against standard magical shields is "throw lots of mass at it" which is kinda Gaara's whole thing

And he's faster than her even if you grant Mach 300 reactions.

Gaara is nearly a perfect counter to Frieren :skully

It's actually Fern he's facing, not Frieren and this is Part 1 Gaara... but I'm certain even Part 1 Gaara can fly as shown in his battle against Kimimaro so that doesn't matter worth shit so yeah.

Visualization in Frieren is generally only the first step to doing magic, and is affected by logic, mindset and other things. For normal people, it works closer to normal mindset and can do atittude. Can you visualise scaling this wall? Swiming this much longer? Someone like Frieren or Serie might be unable to visualise directly bypassing Infinity (the infinite distance it creates), but they could very well visualise a counterspell to bypass it.

Ubel is kind of a madwoman that goes off completely on instinct and ignores higher logic, so things get much weirder.

Her attacks can absolutely cut anything she thinks it can cut, HOWEVER, they can never cut anything she thinks she can't cut.

To use the canon exemple of her killing a first class mage with the robe artifact. If that guy had a tenth of his power concentrated in a metal shield, it would have just bounced off without a scratch. Likewise, Ubel only did a mildly deep cut on the stone while easily cutting Sense's hair, something far more durable. She also can't visualise cutting defense shield for exemple.(edit: I meant the defense magic common to the setting.)

So the main question of the thread comes down to, does she have a first impression that she can cut Gojo? It's not something that can be decided for sure, because it's all in her own head.

Personally, I think she can, if only she has no knowledge of Infinity.

If this is genuinely how Frieren's spell system works in the context of it going through certain attacks or characters and how it functions, I genuinely have no idea how hard people wank the setting this damn hard.

I had a feeling even watching that video where they basically don't really show the reason why Ubel cutting that Mage's cloth to be utterly ridiculous even in their own setting, it just makes it ludicrous they think it should be able to cut something she cannot believe she can cut(Which if we go by his explanation, she believed she can cut it only because for her, it's just cloth, it reminds me of sometimes a series will have a character do insane things because they fundamentally don't understand why it's crazy to do it in the first place.) and applying it to everyone else is just disingenuous.
So yeah, why would she cut through Infinity if she ultimately has no understanding or believing she can cut through it? The fact this goes 2 pages further either means this explanation is bogus or it's the typical deal in SB-land.

Salfarc

Paramount

Gaara not only can fly, he also have experience fighting flying opponent. He almost win vs Deidara who can fly too, only lose because he have to protect the village while fighting Deidara.

Oh the thread is talking about Part 1 Gaara. How strong is Fern's attack to destroy Gaara's shield? Once again people seems to just say she can. There is a video about Fern fighting some guy but the guy doesn't seems as strong as Gaara part 1, neither does her attack. And Part 1 Gaara also means fighting a guy who don't mind letting Shukaku loose. Gaara should win this, huge gap.

Back