• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The Phasing is a bit inconsistent. Star Platinum is the only one who’s shown to do it by going through glass to take jewelry which fair for the World being the same.

But it also seems odd when you got the many other instances of Stands needing to break through something more consistently done in the series
Dio shown to do that when we saw him pull out the World outside the car to attack HG without showing it causing any further damage to the Vehicle.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
They definitely can phase but I think people never bring it up in threads because of split durability arguments or something
It's more if Sukuna's organs on the inside are just as strong as his outside. If not, there is still the other attacks I mentioned.
The Sheer Heart attack exchange does indicate stopping time can make damage accumulate, but I don't know if anyone's ever been able to get a number for it. The reference thread where people agreed country level was ridiculous, IMO didn't also provide a convincing alternative
Ask Chaos or anyone else if they can come up with a new calc then so we have a more modern answer.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
ima sound high as hell for this but I don’t really see what makes a lot of DC’s cosmics that impressive. Their cosmology has never looked as big as something like marvel’s or elric’s to me. I think Primus could take him 🤷

Not really, if they're using the picture and presumably feats from COIE then Primus is beyond him

it's post COIE the monitors really get any kind of absurd booking

and even then that's questionable because DC keeps hitting the Reset button on their stories...

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Not really, if they're using the picture and presumably feats from COIE then Primus is beyond him

it's post COIE the monitors really get any kind of absurd booking

and even then that's questionable because DC keeps hitting the Reset button on their stories...
AM: I'm sure to win because of my superior feats
Primus:
Bm-singularityablyss_treeoflife.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
yeah it turns out some writer decided "hey what if kabbalah was real but for toy robots" back in 2004. Turns out it's still canon too and got referenced again in 2015 or 16
So what’s the story behind it? Unicron the Demiruge or something?

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
So what’s the story behind it? Unicron the Demiruge or something?
we don't fully know how Unicron plays into it, but the story itself, Megatron (beast wars, the one thats a dinosaur) dies and goes to the afterlife, which apparently perfectly resembles the tree of life. He is guided to ascend different branches and spheres of it which are supposed to teach him different things to prepare him for the final aspect of it, where he merges back with the "Allspark" (which is just Primus or part of him, this isn't explicitly stated but we know it from other lore). Because Megatron has a god-sized ego, he decides in the end he would rather kill himself and the angel trying to guide him than lose his individuality and become one with God.

Relevant to Unicron, Primus was made out of half of Unicron, so presumably he embodies something equally strange.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
we don't fully know how Unicron plays into it, but the story itself, Megatron (beast wars, the one thats a dinosaur) dies and goes to the afterlife, which apparently perfectly resembles the tree of life. He is guided to ascend different branches and spheres of it which are supposed to teach him different things to prepare him for the final aspect of it, where he merges back with the "Allspark" (which is just Primus or part of him, this isn't explicitly stated but we know it from other lore). Because Megatron has a god-sized ego, he decides in the end he would rather kill himself and the angel trying to guide him than lose his individuality and become one with God.

Relevant to Unicron, Primus was made out of half of Unicron, so presumably he embodies something equally strange.
Interesting and oddly like the upcoming Index volume.

Touma was died fighting Alice and wakes up in the Afterlife described as “outside it all” from Kingsford at the end of GT10

Current theories say Touma’s in the Ain Soph as the place “outside it all” and will be going down the Tree back to physical world for the upcoming volume.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member

Touma was died fighting Alice and wakes up in the Afterlife described as “outside it all” from Kingsford at the end of GT10

Current theories say Touma’s in the Ain Soph as the place “outside it all” and will be going down the Tree back to physical world for the upcoming volume.
out of all the weirdo tf lore, it was probably the most shocking to stumble on
similar to how you describe this in toaru, the reality was described as being a metaphor compared to the tree. It's a cool story, the author spoke on it a couple years ago and basically said "I wanted to explore what would happen if Megatron saw the face of God and it just made him double down even worse" lol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
out of all the weirdo tf lore, it was probably the most shocking to stumble on
similar to how you describe this in toaru, the reality was described as being a metaphor compared to the tree. It's a cool story, the author spoke on it a couple years ago and basically said "I wanted to explore what would happen if Megatron saw the face of God and it just made him double down even worse" lol
Gotta maintain the status quo for keeping Megs the baddie.

The one time this pissed me off was with Energon and Cybertron. All of Megatron and Starscream’s amazing character development in Armada tossed out the window by bringing them back to life with no memories of before to make them back to being one-note bad guys

An evil clone of them perhaps made by Unicron just like evil Optimus Prime would have been better then that shit

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Gotta maintain the status quo for keeping Megs the baddie.

The one time this pissed me off was with Energon and Cybertron. All of Megatron and Starscream’s amazing character development in Armada tossed out the window by bringing them back to life with no memories of before to make them back to being one-note bad guys

An evil clone of them perhaps made by Unicron just like evil Optimus Prime would have been better then that shit
energon is probably the worst TF show by a decent margin. They are still jackasses in Cybertron, but it's such a better show that at least in the context of itself it works

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

I do wonder how this works given the statement(s?) in GT (or was it NT?) stating that actual proper ressurection is an impossibility (i.e. bringing someone's soul back from beyond the Tree, most likely)

maybe I'm just looking too deep into it :hm

Drama CD isn’t canon though. Either Dio can’t use most of his powers anymore due to Jonathan’s body screwing with it

That was never stated and you pulled it dead out of your ass. Makes no sense either considering if we went with that for DIO, he would still be able to use those abilities due to drinking Joseph's blood, which happened well after the tail end of their duel.

Or Dio is just an idiot for not using them to guarantee his victory

Probably both

Ain't the first time that's ever happened in JoJo(Polnareff forgetting his armor release mode, Giorno forgetting his "if you hit the animal, it reflects the attack back at the opponent)...

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
If Dio lost his vampire powers he shouldn't have been able to drink Joseph's blood or regen anyways despite him being in Jonathan's body

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't use his powers because "stands are just better bro".

If Dio lost his vampire powers he shouldn't have been able to drink Joseph's blood or regen anyways despite him being in Jonathan's body

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't use his powers because "stands are just better bro".

That's EXACTLY it as well. If DIO lost a majority of his powers as a Vampire, then he would be far, far more helpless than he is now(i.e. He shouldn't even be able to operate Jonathan's body, let alone use his powers). And you can't even say he can't use his Laser Eyes due to Jonathan's interference as he used it as a HEAD ONLY TWICE!

So yeah, it's most likely DIO just being high on his Stand which to be frank... it makes alot of sense.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
That is literally the reason Dio didn't use them, according to some sort of canon book that @OtherGalaxy showed off a while back. :mjlol
i honestly don't really remember this but Stands in general, especially his, just seem to be much stronger than what a Vampire can obtain. eg if SRSE was the same speed it was in PB/BT era, that's pretty slow for a stand user, so it probably wouldn't have been that useful (except on the no heartbeat Jotaro, which I don't really have any clue why he wouldn't use it there other Araki forgot or wasn't interested in having him use that power any more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back