• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alot of this is terrible and missing context and it just leaves to the typical "bitching about Ritsuka" deal.

He uses Prisma Illya Shirou rather than Shirou from F/SN which is significant since Prisma Illya Shirou is virtually just EMIYA in all but name.

The Sieg shit has been proven incorrect when he faced Karna and further incorrect in the Sigurd's Interlude where Sieg didn't match up at all against Sigurd using Siegfried's form(Which should make him his precise equal otherwise)

The Shiki Ryougi deal is that we have no idea how she did that in the first place.

and finally, Ritsuka's Shadow Servants was already compared to the Tam Lin in terms of their usage so that makes no sense.

Thirteen prime

Preeminent

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That was never stated and you pulled it dead out of your ass.
Really now?

CD7-C4068-370-D-4-D79-81-DA-7-BE12-C197-EFB.jpg

DA779-F9-A-813-D-4-C7-A-BEC3-D31-A8332964-C.jpg

“You just confessed your body doesn’t work right!”

If it’s screwing over his vampire powers (regeneration), then there’s already precedence in the story. He did not have total control over his body, which required him to use the abilities he showed in Part 1 (as Dio himself admitted back in PB)

And in case you haven’t realized yet, my post is obviously referring to Dio before drinking Joseph’s blood

Tablos

Preeminent
Even after drinking Joseph blood , Dio never used his part 1 powers besides his regeneration and superhuman stats

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Even after drinking Joseph blood , Dio never used his part 1 powers besides his regeneration and superhuman stats
Tbf he never really was in the position that he'd need to use those, The World was already enough, till the very last clash tho, had he used SRSE instead of blood drops he'd have probably won.

“You just confessed your body doesn’t work right!”

If it’s screwing over his vampire powers (regeneration), then there’s already precedence in the story. He did not have total control over his body, which required him to use the abilities he showed in Part 1 (as Dio himself admitted back in PB)

And in case you haven’t realized yet, my post is obviously referring to Dio before drinking Joseph’s blood

...And my entire post was literally referring to him doing it afterwards from the very first post you decided to butt in on...

Gordo, I think you need to go check your doctor...

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
From reddit
Certainly I think that the past few years we've seen more and more power creep in general VS debates, and above all this maddening and frustrating idea that the more you like a verse the more powerful you want it to be, that characters being more powerful is somehow better.

I love Bill but the stats he got against Discord are just complete nonsense. The story just doesn't make sense if you buy the idea that he can fight at infinite/immeasurable speeds, or that he can just tank virtually anything thrown his way.

A lot of modern VS feels like it's just about trying to scout media for the highest possible number, and just presenting that number. Outliers are hardly ever considered anymore. Context is very often lost and ignored.

Of the 32 combatants in Season 10, Chosen Undead, Killua, Guts, Dimitri, Alex, Gojo, and Makima were, if memory serves, the only 7 characters out of 32 that didn't fight at relativistic speeds. When Ganondorf vs Dracula came out, people balked at both being given light speed fighting thanks to dodgy light feats, but now it seems completely standard and accepted that most verses are light speed. And it's not just Marvel/DC/Dragon Ball, either, 8 franchises other than those got Light Speed scaling, and a few of those are in the infinite/immeasurable range.

And I dunno. It's really alienating to see the kind of arguments that are being taken seriously around characters I know and like being treated as all interchangably strong, light speed is basically considered mid at this point, and if you have a problem with it it's because you aren't a real fan.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
From reddit
Certainly I think that the past few years we've seen more and more power creep in general VS debates, and above all this maddening and frustrating idea that the more you like a verse the more powerful you want it to be, that characters being more powerful is somehow better.

I love Bill but the stats he got against Discord are just complete nonsense. The story just doesn't make sense if you buy the idea that he can fight at infinite/immeasurable speeds, or that he can just tank virtually anything thrown his way.

A lot of modern VS feels like it's just about trying to scout media for the highest possible number, and just presenting that number. Outliers are hardly ever considered anymore. Context is very often lost and ignored.

Of the 32 combatants in Season 10, Chosen Undead, Killua, Guts, Dimitri, Alex, Gojo, and Makima were, if memory serves, the only 7 characters out of 32 that didn't fight at relativistic speeds. When Ganondorf vs Dracula came out, people balked at both being given light speed fighting thanks to dodgy light feats, but now it seems completely standard and accepted that most verses are light speed. And it's not just Marvel/DC/Dragon Ball, either, 8 franchises other than those got Light Speed scaling, and a few of those are in the infinite/immeasurable range.

And I dunno. It's really alienating to see the kind of arguments that are being taken seriously around characters I know and like being treated as all interchangably strong, light speed is basically considered mid at this point, and if you have a problem with it it's because you aren't a real fan.
To be honest, I agree with this somewhat. Mainly arguing any character dodging a beam meaning their light speed to FTL off that alone.

It needs to fit two criteria IMO

One, what is the nature of the beam? If it’s some unidentified magic or even scientific based beam, it obviously shouldn’t just be light speed because it looks like a beam or laser

Two, did the character truly react to the laser after it already fired and as it approached them or simply dodge or defend ahead of time? If they did either, it’s not a reaction feat anymore then I’m a bullet timer from moving out of the way ahead of time of someone firing a gun at me. And even if they did react after it fired, they had to have dodged or successfully defended against the beam from close range to really be argued Light speed to FTL

Misaka, as an example for one of the combatants this season, more then earned her LS-FTL reflexes from dodging Mugino’s Meltdowner beams at close range on numerous occasions, which are based on real life particle / electron beams that even reflect off reflective surfaces just like a real life laser

giphy.gif

Also helps that on top of that, her own lightning is stated to travel at light speed on multiple occasions, no matter how hard Genkidama copes about this fact

From reddit

While some of this is true, alot of it is definitely people being salty as shit that there are plenty of series that are genuinely Lightspeed if not faster.
But I can get it if you are looking at stuff like Quora or VSB but like everything else, you have people trying to use low ends as the true strength of characters which is just as retarded be... which should be mocked even moreso.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back