• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 5: Diamonds are fleeting. Stupid lasts forever

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Gabriel🤝General Radahn
SB being mad they can move stars so they have to come up with some reason it doesn't scale to them at all
playing Devil's Advocate (for this part specifically at least) Radahn actually has a stronger argument since he.. directly uses Collapsing Stars in a combat applicable manner (i.e. the same spell he uses to hold back the stars is a spell he uses against peer opponents like the Tarnished)

Gabriel doesn't do that, and is merely stated to have "other spells" on that level

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
playing Devil's Advocate (for this part specifically at least) Radahn actually has a stronger argument since he.. directly uses Collapsing Stars in a combat applicable manner (i.e. the same spell he uses to hold back the stars is a spell he uses against peer opponents like the Tarnished)

Gabriel doesn't do that, and is merely stated to have "other spells" on that level
having magic enough to move stars at will is enough for me. unless gabriel specifically gets that spell powered by an outside source there's not a good reason to assume it isn't just that strong imo

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
having magic enough to move stars at will is enough for me. unless gabriel specifically gets that spell powered by an outside source there's not a good reason to assume it isn't just that strong imo
It’s the exact opposite. Gabriel uses that spell to power itself up further. It’s symbols are the Moon and Water, so using its power to rearrange everything in the Solar System so that the Full Moon is out, it draws out even more power for itself

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
It’s the exact opposite. Gabriel uses that spell to power itself up further. It’s symbols are the Moon and Water, so using its power to rearrange everything in the Solar System so that the Full Moon is out, it draws out even more power for itself
what I meant is the only way I can conceive of it somehow not scaling to Gabriel or other similar characters is if the power source wasn't their own, and I have never seen anything suggesting that. It's just a ridiculous reach of an argument

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
niggas just aren't ready for planet - solar system level Saints :tupac

shit, it'd actually be way more than that if you really want to push it

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
what I meant is the only way I can conceive of it somehow not scaling to Gabriel or other similar characters is if the power source wasn't their own, and I have never seen anything suggesting that. It's just a ridiculous reach of an argument
Novel makes it clear it is its own power doing so

BOOM! An earth-shattering boom could be heard.

The sunset sky that was dyed orange instantly became a starry night sky.

"Wha..."

Kamijou inadvertently looked up at the sky. Touya stopped breathing.

Night. It was as if something switched off the lights, and the evening sky suddenly became pitch black night. The unlucky symbol of the full moon hung over them. That was strange, no matter what, today should have been a crescent moon.

"W-what's going on?"

"Can't you tell? She turned the evening into night."

Kanzaki said it casually, but Kamijou was astounded.

It was easy to say that she changed the evening sky to night, but that meant that the person in front of them could control the relative positions of the earth to the sun. No, even the orbit of the moon was switched. That meant that the moon and other planets were under control.

Index stared at the wings that measured up to 100 meters.

(This will get very, very bad if I don’t.)

Even the initial attack had contained tremendous destructive power. However, if this was truly an equal existence to the angels Index knew of, its true ability would go well beyond that. It would be able to eradicate all life on earth with a single finger or wield a power that deeply affected the stars of the universe."

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
country level gabriel lol

I feel like if you're gonna argue Gabriel is only star level with Astro in Hand or whatever the fuck, doesn't that open up the door to just say the same thing for Yhwach merging the realms, since he never does anything offensively even remotely comparable.

Also no clue where galaxy level comes from for Bleach. Universe level actually makes more sense than that somehow, because I at least get why the realms would be interpreted as universes, or planets, but not galaxies.

Glad sb doesn't buy bs Bleach wank. Yhwach being faster than anybody relevant is laughable

Never forget :tupac

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member

Never forget :tupac
Yeah, a pretty huge stomp for Daruman here.
Even if you go for a high end/wank interpretation of Yhwach where he can just obliterate universes and can come back to life infinitely and effortlessly AND give him the ability to just nullify all of Daruman's attacks it still doesn't matter since Daruman swings in his general direction and the entire universe they are fighting in gets destroyed and Yhwach falls into the void and dies.
:kobeha

Sheldon annoyed everyone so much that everyone just agreed to the light-speed Shiro. On SB.

And they'll just forget that in a week as they are only doing it because Sheldon and others just annoyed everyone else that hard.
It was the same thing with Universal Shinrabansoman just to get rid of the ORT topic.
Lightspeed Shirou has extremely obvious basis(Him copying the stats of Servants) but it gets ignored because it's in the sea of "consistent ends"(Basically whatever person invented something out of his ass) where if you just take "Faster Than Sound" as Mach 1 somehow and not the measurement of speed that it is, then it's just out of irritation.

Can't even blame them for that one, to be honest, just reading that thread and how far dudes will go for the Bolo to win and not even answer the most obvious questions(Why doesn't Gilgamesh just sandwich the Bolo between attacks? Why doesn't he summon a better Bolo? Why not use GoB to attack the Bolo from within? Why not just use the Teleportation ability from the GoB to teleport INSIDE the Bolo? Or just phase himself through?) and instead just go for the low end shit constantly and then having the temerity to bring in anti-feats but then pretend "The Bolo is consistent"(Then immediately disprove it in the same thread).
Again, reading the Bolo is overhyped garbage because I thought it was genuinely powerful and broken to shit... when it's more just the typical Hard Sci-Fi weapon that seriously is weaker than most shit they pretend is weaker than it.

Back