• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 5: Diamonds are fleeting. Stupid lasts forever

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
GabrielGeneral Radahn
SB being mad they can move stars so they have to come up with some reason it doesn't scale to them at all
playing Devil's Advocate (for this part specifically at least) Radahn actually has a stronger argument since he.. directly uses Collapsing Stars in a combat applicable manner (i.e. the same spell he uses to hold back the stars is a spell he uses against peer opponents like the Tarnished)

Gabriel doesn't do that, and is merely stated to have "other spells" on that level

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
having magic enough to move stars at will is enough for me. unless gabriel specifically gets that spell powered by an outside source there's not a good reason to assume it isn't just that strong imo

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
having magic enough to move stars at will is enough for me. unless gabriel specifically gets that spell powered by an outside source there's not a good reason to assume it isn't just that strong imo
It’s the exact opposite. Gabriel uses that spell to power itself up further. It’s symbols are the Moon and Water, so using its power to rearrange everything in the Solar System so that the Full Moon is out, it draws out even more power for itself

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
what I meant is the only way I can conceive of it somehow not scaling to Gabriel or other similar characters is if the power source wasn't their own, and I have never seen anything suggesting that. It's just a ridiculous reach of an argument

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
niggas just aren't ready for planet - solar system level Saints

shit, it'd actually be way more than that if you really want to push it

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
what I meant is the only way I can conceive of it somehow not scaling to Gabriel or other similar characters is if the power source wasn't their own, and I have never seen anything suggesting that. It's just a ridiculous reach of an argument
Novel makes it clear it is its own power doing so

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional

Never forget

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member

Sheldon annoyed everyone so much that everyone just agreed to the light-speed Shiro. On SB.

And they'll just forget that in a week as they are only doing it because Sheldon and others just annoyed everyone else that hard.
It was the same thing with Universal Shinrabansoman just to get rid of the ORT topic.
Lightspeed Shirou has extremely obvious basis(Him copying the stats of Servants) but it gets ignored because it's in the sea of "consistent ends"(Basically whatever person invented something out of his ass) where if you just take "Faster Than Sound" as Mach 1 somehow and not the measurement of speed that it is, then it's just out of irritation.

Can't even blame them for that one, to be honest, just reading that thread and how far dudes will go for the Bolo to win and not even answer the most obvious questions(Why doesn't Gilgamesh just sandwich the Bolo between attacks? Why doesn't he summon a better Bolo? Why not use GoB to attack the Bolo from within? Why not just use the Teleportation ability from the GoB to teleport INSIDE the Bolo? Or just phase himself through?) and instead just go for the low end shit constantly and then having the temerity to bring in anti-feats but then pretend "The Bolo is consistent"(Then immediately disprove it in the same thread).
Again, reading the Bolo is overhyped garbage because I thought it was genuinely powerful and broken to shit... when it's more just the typical Hard Sci-Fi weapon that seriously is weaker than most shit they pretend is weaker than it.