• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 5: Diamonds are fleeting. Stupid lasts forever

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

And thread turns into an absolute trashfire.... AGAIN.
Like what is with some of these awful calcs they bring in that doesn't even make sense? Like, it's never not getting ridiculous with how far and dumb they push characters, for real.
I mean really it doesn't matter how fast the OPM side is

Goetia can stare at them from his temple (and then remove their souls) and Scion can (insert Worm power here) them from his locked off dimension

so yeah lmao

grillmaster

Distinguished
im never gonna get over IDW unicrons image being used in matches like these obviously he looks sick as fuck but it just makes shit so confusing lmfao

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
im never gonna get over IDW unicrons image being used in matches like these obviously he looks sick as fuck but it just makes shit so confusing lmfao
i saw someone make a thread once “is IDW Transformers cosmology bigger than Marvel’s?” on CV

a…cosmology of exactly two universes that only got expanded to an infinite amount later on by two assholes fucking with time travel technology?

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Now the ODC is siding with Beyonder God. Beyonder fucking God, and they still think they're in the right.

Amazing. Truly a feat in stupidity. Not exactly a great way to hide your bias. When you are even choosing Beyonder God over me.

Salfarc

Paramount
1718935607897.png

Bruh, sometimes BBhoteppu's take can be so weird. This is the same person who recognize how strong living Gil is and now try to say Solomon's living body is the same as living Gil despite there is no statement of how strong Solomon's living body is.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I remember a thread on MovieCodec where someone called BeyonderGod a geek and that frat guys would easily steal his girl (if he even had one)

And then he went on a rant about how frat guys are trash and that he’s way better than them :whathekong

Randomdude

Preeminent
So interesting note about magic missile in overlord, it was renamed to magic arrow. Notably it sorta has the 3.5e feature of gaining extra missiles with each two tiers of magic the caster is able to use. Thing is back in 3.5e from what I can find it maxed out five. Overlord decided in it's version you get an extra bolt "Arrow" for every caster level, meaning it instead maxes out at ten.

Also weird thing conceptually to me, you can upcast in overlord, it's just its only been used once in the entire series so it's easy to forget, and really makes me wonder what some of ainz spells would do if upcast.

Randomdude

Preeminent
@King of time Why omptimistic, nothing I said is interpretation, outside my assumption that magic arrow is overlords version of magic missile.

Something that I assume because its decription, tier and function are incredibly similar, that being a tier one spell that creates several magical bolts of glowing mana that can't miss. With the notable feature of higher tier adding more magical "bolts" that was present in 3.5e the version the author was playing before his campaign group fell apart and he decided to write overlord. (Again with some changes around the numbers of bolts per caster level)

Is it the upcasting because ainz explicitly upcast magic arrow in book three, though it seems like upcasting was rolled into the meta magic system. The meta magic system also seems to have just been universally given to all casters at a baseline as druids and clerics use meta magic with nothing odd being noted.

To be clear outside upcasting this probably won't appear in my overlord doc, as it's just a weird thing the author decided to do when he ripped off dnd.

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
A_emoji_laugh.gif

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
It is even surprising to not see them downplay 40K there since they normally downplay 40K
Now they are doing the opposite
Infinitely Multiversal Infinitely Powerful Horus and Chaos King

And then a couple threads down they have dudes talking about how they both get folded by Ohma Zi-O
:heston

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Threads like that remind that after 4 seasons / 16+ volumes of Ainz and his goons getting away with every petty atrocity they commit all while the author is literally sucking Ainz’ non-existent dick, it’d be downright cathartic for them to be dropped in a much stronger setting like MTG where the entirety of Nazarick would be considered a middling threat at best and they fucked around and found out with a Planeswalker

:hestonpls

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Threads like that remind that after 4 seasons / 16+ volumes of Ainz and his goons getting away with every petty atrocity they commit all while the author is literally sucking Ainz’ non-existent dick, it’d be downright cathartic for them to be dropped in a much stronger setting like MTG where the entirety of Nazarick would be considered a middling threat at best and they fucked around and found out

Put em in To Aru

I wanna see Touma absolutely rock his shit

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Put em in To Aru

I wanna see Touma absolutely rock his shit
There actually was a crossover with the two series in Imaginary Fest where Nazarick meets ITEM. Thankfully, Ainz was only dealing with a relatively minor faction on the Science side rather than any heavy hitting mage for the Magic Side

And even then, Narberal was pretty close to getting her shit kicked by Mugino once she got tired of listening to her endless talk of her and Ainz’s superiority over them.

Also, get ready for the upcoming Overlord movie which will feature such wholesome content as Demiurge kidnapping and forcing mothers to eat their own children and breed them with monsters to produce chimeras in his “skinfarm” he maintains just outside the Holy Kingdom all just for sick amusement and the Queen of that kingdom for the crime of being one of the few decent people in the entire setting and opposing Nazarick, getting used as club for several days straight to kill her own people with by a big ass demon before she’s able to die from the injuries.

Because the author has a real boner for condemning the good but too weak to do anything people in this setting to the most horrendous/degrading deaths he can think of.

Back