Game Ranked Darkest Dungeon Mafia - Game Thread Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP

Grammaton

Consigliere
Darkest Dungeon Mafia

A021F412FA92199FC6F3C21836BCD8E2AF20464E

Ruin has come to our family. You remember our venerable house, opulent and imperial, gazing proudly from its stoic perch above the moor? I lived all my years in that ancient, rumor shadowed manor, fattened by decadence and luxury - and yet I began to tire of conventional extravagance. Singular, unsettling tales suggested the mansion itself was a gateway to some fabulous and unnameable power. With relic and ritual I bent every effort towards the excavation and recovery of those long buried secrets, exhausting what remained of our family fortune on swarthy workmen and sturdy shovels.

At last in the salt soaked crags beneath the lowest foundations we unearthed that damnable portal of antediluvian evil. Our every step unsettled the ancient earth but we were in a realm of death and madness. In the end I alone fled laughing and wailing through those blackened arcades of antiquity until consciousness failed me.

You remember our venerable house, opulent and imperial. It is a festering abomination! I beg you. Return home; claim your birthright, and deliver our family from the ravenous, clutching shadows of the Darkest Dungeon.

*This game uses detail from the Darkest Dungeon universe - it is primarily based on Darkest Dungeon 1 but certain elements, flavour, characters etc may also have been incorporated from Darkest Dungeon 2 - Explicit familiarity with the source material is not required, but may lead to greater enjoyment and understanding!

Rules

- Day Phases will last 48 hours. I reserve the right to adjust this as the game progresses
- Night 1 will last a maximum of 30 hours, and subsequent night phases a maximum of 24 hours. I reserve the right to adjust this as the game progresses
- The primary town alignment is Hamlet Aligned.
- The primary mafia alignment is currently unknown (To most of you!)
- This game will enforce a zero tolerance policy on actions I consider to be outside the spirit of the game, including but not limited to: ITT sub out threats/requests, retirement wagers, excessive flaming, angleshooting and role PM quoting. Punishment for violation of this rule is solely at my discretion, up to and including replacement without warning and/or modkilling.

- I will be using my standard Active Time Resolution system for role actions, this will be added prior to Night 1
- This game will also debut a Twilight system - at the point a lynch is reached and acknowledged, you will have a 5 minute window in which you may post prior to the flip. Upon publication of the flip, all posting must cease.
- All roles are night use only unless explicitly stated. If you are unsure or feel I have made a mistake/omission, please PM me
- If you have multiple roles, you may only use one role per night unless explicitly stated
- Most importantly, have fun! This is a very ambitious game, and I hope my track record affords me the benefit of the doubt that I've gone to a lot of lengths to provide a contest that is, at the very minimum, fair and respectful of your time.
- Usual caveats apply re: FITZproofing the game - there intentional inconsistencies in content and structure of role PMs, dont use this kind of thing to hunt. Some characters have roles that closely match their flavour, others do not.
- Setup spec will be extremely dangerous to engage in this game - you can expect a certain degree of overlap in roles
- I reserve the right to add omissions to this list as appropriate
- A glossary of game concepts will be provided below - as you uncover more of the mysteries you face, and become more attuned to your task, this glossary will expand and serve as a reference point so that all players can easily locate mechanical information needed

Sample PM

Grammaton, the Host
Vanilla Townie

1L5013e5.png

Congratulations, you are Grammaton, the Host, The Hamlet Aligned!

You will know the tragic extent of my failings ...

An often misunderstood fellow, you are the host of this game ...

In this game, you have no roles.

You win when all threats to the Hamlet are eliminated.

Action Priority

As mentioned, this game will follow a sequential action resolution, designed to resolve conflicts and make it clearer how roles will hypothetically interact. The action priority is as follows:

Reflexive Roleblock / Nexus
Hide/Commute/Untargetable
Roleblock *
Bus Drive / Redirect *
Framer/Lawyer
Miscellaneous
Kill / Poison / Arson
Watch / Track / Follow / Voyeur / Motion Detect

* If these roles interact in such a way as to create a paradox, such as a bus driver driving themselves into a roleblock, the bus drive will jump in priority and resolve first.

Players Alive (4)

4. Melkor
8. Tpein
16. BPD
18. Ratchet

The Graveyard (17)

Psychic was The Hag Witch, Ruin Aligned, Jailkeeper, Lynched Day 1
Whicker was Baldwin, the Leper, The Hamlet Aligned, 1x Martyr, Died Night 1
Evans was The Swine God, Ruin Aligned, 1x Janitor & 1x Duellist, Lynched Day 2
CraigPelton was The Drowned Crew, Ruin Aligned, 2x Motivator, 1x Framer, 1x Bus Driver, Stress Manipulator, Duelled Day 2

Flower was Bigby, the Abomination, The Hamlet Aligned, Transforming Debuffer, Killed Night 2

Rugrat was William, the Houndmaster, The Hamlet Aligned, 2x Even-night Cop, Killed Night 2
Fujishiro was Margaret, the Musketeer, The Hamlet Aligned, 2x Roleblocker, Killed Night 2
RDK was The Heart of Darkness, Ruin Aligned, Godfather, 1x Census, Even-night Stresser & ????, Lynched Day 3
Kurumi was Barristan, the Man-at-Arms, The Hamlet Aligned, Bodyguard, Killed Night 3
Tweet was Audrey, the Grave Robber, The Hamlet Aligned, 2x Commuter & 1x Gravedigger, Killed Night 3
Lethal was The Caretaker, The Hamlet Aligned, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 4

Ultra was The Fanatic, Fanatic Aligned, Lyncher, Killed Night 4
Vinegar was Tardif, the Bounty Hunter, 4x Tracker, Lynched Day 5
Hime was Dismas, the Highywayman, 2x Vigilante, Killed Night 5
Ekkologix was Missandei, the Arbalest, 2x Healer & Neighbour, Killed Night 5

Sky was The Countess, Crimson Court Aligned, Serial Killer, Curser & 1x Redirector, Killed Night 5
Alco was the Necromancer Lord, Ruin Aligned, Rolecopycat, Lynched Day 6

Tag List

It is now Day 4. 11 alive, 6 to lynch.

Last edited:
Glossary

Grammaton

Consigliere
Glossary

Stress

"Injury and despondence set the stage for heroism... or cowardice"

This game will test not just the physical resilience of your characters, but also the mental. The hardships you endure over time will accumulate, and ultimately force you to sink or swim.

Stress is measured on a 5 'pip' scale, and in most cases, at 5 pips, your character will face a test of resolve. This is based mostly on hidden conditions, and in the vast majority of cases, will lead to an Affliction. Stress levels will be published during night phases, and also at the beginning of a new day phase. This will take the form of a grid, an example of which is below (Values are purely illustrative)

Sample.jpg

Each pip is represented by a square, and when the meter is filled ...

Afflicted & Virtuous
"A time to perform beyond one's limits!"

When most characters reach 5 stress, they will be afflicted - Their will to continue will be shattered, they will lose their role and will potentially be vulnerable to other effects too. In certain cases, however, they may become virtuous - This can potentially turn the tide of battle! Several characters have hidden conditions to trigger this, however you won't be notified until the moment of truth ...

Additional Rules
- A 'no lynch' where the clock expires will inflict 1 pip of stress to all players. You must co-operate else you stand no chance!
- Any player finishing the day with a lower total post count than me will receive 1 pip of stress damage.

More to follow ...​

Last edited:

Flower

Future Society
V.I.P. Member
Actually unvote.

Starting the day with a Flower vote is prob not scum Lultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back