Deadpool Creator Rob Liefeld Retires From Writing the Character After 33 Years

• Rob Liefeld, the creator of Deadpool, has announced his retirement from writing the character after over three decades.
  • Creating Deadpool transformed Liefeld's career, leading to opportunities and record-breaking sales for his other works like New Mutants and X-Force.
  • Audiences can still look forward to seeing more of Deadpool on the big screen in the upcoming Deadpool 3, where he joins forces with Wolverine for a multiverse adventure.
“I am retiring from Deadpool. It’s official. Yup, after 33 years of not only introducing Deadpool but chronicling many of his most popular adventures it’s time for the Deadpool Daddy to say farewell. One of the fun parts about getting older is you can retire from things, so here I am. So I worked up one last crazy Deadpool yarn for the fine folks at Marvel and they responded with electric glee and I started producing it last month for release Summer 2024. I often wonder what my life would be like if I had not created and sold not just Deadpool, but Cable, Domino, Stryfe and many others to Marvel. What If young Rob hadn’t taken up the challenge of transforming a title that was headed towards cancellation is one of the better alternate universe tales.”

https://movieweb.com/deadpool-rob-liefeld-retires-writing-33-years/

Back