Luminous
V.I.P. Member
@Derpmaster9000 @xenos5
Here's Hit vs Sakuya Com
Gdy542Qy.jpg_large.jpg

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Ballot Banter 18- Same cast as last time, some quotes may be paraphrased. Watch it yourself for the true experience, it's 30 mins long these are just notes.

Jack Sparrow Vs Guybrush Threepwood: "Monkey Island is some boomer shit from my day", Ben finds it very fun for the personality. Sam likes the fight writing ideas. "We would need a bit where Guybrush needs a weapon and theres just desperate clicking noises". All love it.

Dva vs Mose: "DJ knows a buncha weebs stuff but has nothing", They mostly dont remember Moses but like it, "If we were to bring someone from Overwatch, Dva would be one of the most likely", they know Moses VA

John Wick Vs Aiden Pierce: Sam makes a joke sleeping dogs was better than watchdogs. "John Wick is also very dog heavy". "Aiden wins at a distance, it may be different in a barren warehouse", some talk about the ludonarrative dissonance of watchdogs.

Flippy Vs Naughty: "Naughty bear is a super deep pull", most of them are shocked Naughty Bear even got a sequel. "I don't know if anyone played it", "Ted Vs Naughty was requested a lot back in the day". "If we did this how many people would actually know who they are".

Samantha Vs Jeannie: Instantly stole the deepest pull award from the last match up. Sam is the only one who even remembers it.

Zamasu Vs Gorr: "Zamasu would be fun to bring in", "Classic Comics Vs DBZ". they think its neat

Freddy Vs Pennywise: "Love this everytime we talk about it". Not much said since its shown up a bunch.

Mirajane Vs Terra: Sam questioning if the FF6 cast get their summons. The weebs on the cast just dont remember Mirajane. "As a verse I believe FF6 is above FT", Ben mentions it's been a while since they brought in FT. Sam brings up the FF6 music was very cool and would be fun to use.

Obelix Vs Captain Underpants: A lotta talk about all liking Captain Underpants books back in school. Uncertainty on Asterixs scaling but assume it should be equal. Mention of how theres the guy of Captain Underpants, and the comic version the boys draw confusing Ben which used. Mention of getting Brandons permission to use the audio tracks, and how youtube auto claims it and its a pain on both sides.

Yukari Yakumo Vs Altair: Most don't know Altair, but seeing a 'violin tommygun' immediately gets "oh thats cool" reactions. Ben wants to watch Re:Creators having just seen that weapon. Little talk of the matchup beyond the sole person who knows both saying he gets it and thinks Yakumo probably easily takes it.

Xenomorph Vs Warrior Bugs: Assuming Xenomorphs have way more lore to take it, but a lotta uncertainty. "Throw the bugs from Enders Game in there" "Creative Sticker of Approval"

Adam West Batman Vs Tokusatsu Spiderman: They've talked about it, and they really like it. "We have to do this cheesy live action" "You could get a halloween outfit and it'd fit", "We give them $5 budget"

Guts Vs Clare: They love it from the cast. They gave respect to the thumbnail. "Guts has to come back right?" from Ben

Marquis of Death Vs Superboy Prime: "Superboy prime is someone who would be fun in DB, frustrating but fun". Seems most dont know Marquis assuming he's like black flash.

Rallen Vs Luke Skywalker: They have zero clue what Spectrobes is. They resort to thumbnail judgement because they have nothing to say.

Gohan Vs Supergirl: "Classic Gohan request" Ben likes it better than Gohan vs Superboy. "Gohan is plot edging" regarding a new magic super saiyen form, got their thumbnail of the video award

Yusuke vs Reimu: Ben just loves Yusuke. Tiki mentions how this would be a good first match to bring in Touhou. Lots of gushing over YYH.

Cartman Vs Master Shake: Mentioned it before, "Frylock would be a better character to have on the show", they like Aqua Teen over Southpark in the "edgy shows" list.

Saber Vs Ky: "We've gotta bring Fate in at somepoint" "PREPARE YOURSELF" "It's gonna take forever to know everything" "Type Moon is ridiculous" "Do you know what the moon is" "If theres any other verse that can get to the crazy shit of Fate, Guilty Gear would be it" "It'd be confusing as fuck an episode but we'd go all out." They know they need to do Fate, but the research is their bane right now.

Preview of next episode: Mr Fantastic Vs Plastic.

@Xhominid The Apex

Saber Vs Ky: "We've gotta bring Fate in at somepoint" "PREPARE YOURSELF" "It's gonna take forever to know everything" "Type Moon is ridiculous" "Do you know what the moon is" "If theres any other verse that can get to the crazy shit of Fate, Guilty Gear would be it" "It'd be confusing as fuck an episode but we'd go all out." They know they need to do Fate, but the research is their bane right now.

HAHAHAHAHA...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Again, I can't blame them at all considering many different Versus sites have interpretations of where Fate actually stands at and it's really easy to fuck it up or worse, listen to the wrong folks about it(Primarily SB and VSB when it comes to the Moon Cell).

Unironically, I think Saber vs. Ky would actually be a good fight despite Ky being really up there in terms of power in comparison to Erza.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
  • - Brought up using different Lanterns on the show, mainly interested in Jon
  • - brought up bringing back Leon, Frank, Spawn, etc
  • - brought up remastering Terminator vs Robocop and Dante vs Bayonetta
  • - DBX isn’t dead, they have been working on it and wanna bring it back when they can
  • - Interested in doing another boxing ep
  • wanna do more Live Action fights, time and money is the main thing
  • - Have talked about doing more Mythology matchups (named off Zeus vs Odin specifically)
  • - Talked about doing a cryptid episode
  • - brought up bringing back Leon, Frank, Spawn, etc
  • Talked about Cartoon fights, Mickey vs Bugs is #1. Brought up Jimmy vs Dexter as well
  • Liam guessed almost all of Season 2 correctly from memory
  • Goku vs Superman 2 is Ben’s least favorite episode
  • Chad rly likes Rocket Raccoon
  • - Don’t care about a lot of Luffy fights, named off Nastu as one they weren’t into, Plastic Man, Popeye, Naruto, Mr Fantastic, etc
  • - Trying to make Champions get episodes early like First members
  • - Made fun of Special K’s dumbass request to get Season 10’s combatants
  • - Tune into the DBC next week for info about a new “thing” for Death Battle

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
There will be an event later this month (4/20) on the official discord where the crew will go over submitted match-ups (1 match-up per person, short description with a thumbnail) LIVE, sorta Shark Tank style. They recommended not to submit match-ups that were already submitted in the ballot banter series.

You don't need to be a champion/YT member to do this.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Ballot Banter #19
  • Reed vs Plastic Man- “it’s a match” both kinda just counter each other until Fantastic pulls out a anti plastic man gun and wins. Probably the best for both but isn’t that interesting.
  • Quagmire vs Barney- Have nothing on it that isn’t mean. Brought up Barney vs Sheldon instead.
  • Slimer vs Scratch- Dunno much about TGAMM, but the MU makes sense and Slimer showing up is cool. Liam brought up Ghostbusters vs Beetlejuice aswell, or Luigi vs BJ,
  • Ballot Banter #19
    • Reed vs Plastic Man- “it’s a match” both kinda just counter each other until Fantastic pulls out a anti plastic man gun and wins. Probably the best for both but isn’t that interesting.
    • Quagmire vs Barney- Have nothing on it that isn’t mean. Brought up Barney vs Sheldon instead.
    • Slimer vs Scratch- Dunno much about TGAMM, but the MU makes sense and Slimer showing up is cool. Liam brought up Ghostbusters vs Beetlejuice aswell, or Luigi vs BJ,
    • Tris vs Katniss- “mid vs mid”
    • Harry Dresden vs Constantine- Sounds cool but John should wipe and win. Wanna do John, brought up him vs Radiou.
    • Shulk vs Lightning- could maybe be debatable, but does sound like a Lightning win. Talked about Final Fantasy stuff.
    • Grevious vs Gilgamesh- Not big on the MU but Grevious and Gilg could be cool.
    • El Tigre vs Richoet- could be sick.
    • Boros vs Battle Beast- Very cool, very debatable. Sounds like a good opportunity for a gory slugfest.
    • Shulk vs Stocke- Dunno Stocke, just talked about Shulk stuff.
    • Final Fantasy Protag Royale- into it at least from a debate perspective.
    • Seiya vs Shazam- it’s cool, outright said Seiya vs Moon is the biggest for both.
    • Marvelous vs Decade- down for this, interested in Kamen Rider.
    • Ness vs John- dunno Homestuck too well. Emil Vs Velvet- Seem to know them at least a bit.
    • Gilgamesh vs Emperor of Mankind- Would be fun or cool, Fate sounds neat, Warhammer gonna suck with copyright. Noted that Gilg and Saber are the biggest ones

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
  • Ballot Banter #19
Even from what little DC knowledge I have this smells like BS to me. Like I remember scans floating around of Plastic Man fighting a giant Orange Martian Manhunter creature (and just ordinary Martian Manhunter is >>>>> Reed). And I also remember Plastic Man having crazy levels of regen/practical immortality and resistance if not immunity to transmutation so I find it very hard to see Reed whipping up a device with no prep to deal with that. Only way I see Reed winning is either with Prep beforehand or given access to some of his more insane shit as Standard Equipment.
    • Shulk vs Lightning- could maybe be debatable, but does sound like a Lightning win. Talked about Final Fantasy stuff.
Can’t really imagine where they get Lightning winning from. Iirc Lightning is Multi-Galaxy level by the end of her journey whereas Shulk is Low Multiverse level or some shit like that.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Gilgamesh vs Emperor of Mankind- Would be fun or cool, Fate sounds neat, Warhammer gonna suck with copyright. Noted that Gilg and Saber are the biggest ones
The truth is that I see a Trazyn vs Gilgamesh or a Big E vs Romulus better, but it would still be cool.

Seiya vs Shazam- it’s cool, outright said Seiya vs Moon is the biggest for both.
Aioria vs Shazam

:yousmart

• El Tigre vs Richoet- could be sick.
  • Boros vs Battle Beast- Very cool, very debatable. Sounds like a good opportunity for a gory slugfest.
:banderas

Harry Dresden vs Constantine- Sounds cool but John should wipe and win. Wanna do John, brought up him vs Radiou.
:amazing

Grevious vs Gilgamesh- Not big on the MU but Grevious and Gilg could be cool.
WTF?

The only connection I see for them is that they both have names that start with G.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Only way I see Reed winning is either with Prep beforehand or given access to some of his more insane shit as Standard Equipment.
That's what they mean
Can’t really imagine where they get Lightning winning from. Iirc Lightning is Multi-Galaxy level by the end of her journey whereas Shulk is Low Multiverse level or some shit like that.
Beats me
The truth is that I see a Trazyn vs Gilgamesh or a Big E vs Romulus better, but it would still be cool.
Blame copyright from gaming workshop

Back