• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I get what they're trying to say, as far as a narrative viewpoint (either writing or watching) stuff like feats pretty much exist solely to serve the story and really doesn't matter. Sure people will meme on certain moments if dumb shit happens like that laser going through Goku, but otherwise most people don't care.

Really this hobby is just an extension of the age old "who would win" arguments we used to have as kids which itself probably comes from the fact that us humans just like to watch shit fight. There's a reason the Bear vs Gorilla debate is still a thing today (even if anyone with knowledge on both animals know how it ends)

Then again my main hobby other than this consists of me and the boys pretending to be elves for a few hours once a week so who am I to talk

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
But, what about that thing Gojo fans mentioned about IV being better than Cosmos because "infinite > all"

Is that some sort of NLF?
From what I remember Unlimited Void only disables the opponent for a limited time.

Whereas the effects of Cosmo’s ability on a target are permanent.

And after doing a little digging Cosmo’s ability just seems to be outright showing more information regardless

Warlordgab

Illustrious
Thank you so much for the explanation

I'm still not confident enough to talk about the MU, but at least I got a better understanding of what's going on

I now wonder if the research team is going to to delve so deeply into Gojo's capabilities, or merely stick with the popular take on these abilities

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
We’ll have to see. If you want a bit of a preview on their thoughts though, they did actually do a DeathBattle Cast for this matchup
A few big events have happened in both series since they posted it (plus they don’t do a full-on analysis for DeathBattle Casts anyway since the debate is limited to around an hour) so I could see them having changed their minds from what they thought back then. But it still provides a bit of insight to their thought process for this match I think.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Also this blog

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Didn't Gege or Gojo say that UV is like a normal human experiencing 6 months of information in 0.2 seconds?
I think there was a thread here or on the other forum, where somebody said if you're fast enough that does nothing to you because you are around used to experiencing and taking information faster than that.
Cosmo Devil's Halloween attack is much worse because it shelves every last bit of information about the universe, everything, into your mind over a few seconds. It even worked on a hive mine that said that mental attacks would be useless because it would be like trying to dye the ocean red with just a single drop of blood.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
what's the rundown for similarities/thematics for Makima and Gojo?

OrlandoSky

Paramount
so…the group of Nazgul or just the Witch-King? There’s a bit of conflict between the title and the thumbnail
That’s like having a DBC called Pokémon vs Digimon and it’s a picture of just Charizard and Greymon