• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Yeah they said his domain didn't technically count as an attack only one of the senses and she can only regenerate if there was mass to regrow but his puprle technique reduces his target to "zero" so there was nothing to regenerate from.
They bought into Hollow Purple being Imaginary Mass, which we've only just discovered was a mistranslation, and that it was actually virtual mass. One of Gojo's two wincons literally relies on something that was never truly the case to begin with.:jordangif

Warlordgab

Illustrious
They also used the mistranslation of "imaginary mass" instead of "virtual mass," so they treated Hollow Purple more as a hax rather than anything else

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
They also used the mistranslation of "imaginary mass" instead of "virtual mass," so they treated Hollow Purple more as a hax rather than anything else
Ninja GIF by Walk Off The Earth

Gonna post this here, for obvious reasons, lol. :mjpls

:hestonpls

Great Potato

Preeminent
I haven't thought much about the respective feats, but I'm assuming that Courage has Scooby beat.

I recall he deals with supernatural threats on a more regular basis and it was generally a more exaggerated show where he got more toon force like showings. Scooby mostly faces normal dudes in costumes with the backing of a full team; in the Scooby movies they'll get supernatural threats, but I don't recall if Scooby got any feats against them other than running.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'm not sure it'd matter even if their description of HP was correct. Why would she require mass to regenerate from, she's a personified concept. The only reason she didn't come back as Makima again was because Chainsaw Man is on some giga-crack and can eat concepts somehow.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
I'm also not necessarily sure about Makima not seeing Gojo beneath her simply because he has a powerful aura, I don't think there was a single character Makima didn't look down on except for the Chainsaw Devil she was simping for.

Great Potato

Preeminent
Scooby should win right? Didn't he defeat a universal cosmic horror in Mystery Inc?

How did a universal cosmic horror lose to Scooby Doo?:dead

I watched a lot of Scooby Doo back in the day and I recall like 95% of episodes ended with Fred dropping a fishing net on some bum.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
I haven't thought much about the respective feats, but I'm assuming that Courage has Scooby beat.

I recall he deals with supernatural threats on a more regular basis and it was generally a more exaggerated show where he got more toon force like showings. Scooby mostly faces normal dudes in costumes with the backing of a full team; in the Scooby movies they'll get supernatural threats, but I don't recall if Scooby got any feats against them other than running.
I recall the DBC about Courage vs Scooby they brought up a feat where Scooby and Shaggy scale from a feat where a glass globe containing the universe breaks. I doubt they're going to give Scooby his Spectre form or Green Lantern Ring so it depends on whatever lesser known feat they dig up from Composite Scooby media. Courage has a few ftl feats and breaking the sun with his scream so if Scooby doesn't have anything that crazy he's fucked.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I'm not sure it'd matter even if their description of HP was correct. Why would she require mass to regenerate from, she's a personified concept. The only reason she didn't come back as Makima again was because Chainsaw Man is on some giga-crack and can eat concepts somehow.
Cause nothing indicates she could come back from nothing so if someone nuked her ass completely nothing indicates she'll come back in the second
And DB counts incapacitation as a win

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I recall the DBC about Courage vs Scooby they brought up a feat where Scooby and Shaggy scale from a feat where a glass globe containing the universe breaks. I doubt they're going to give Scooby his Spectre form or Green Lantern Ring so it depends on whatever lesser known feat they dig up from Composite Scooby media. Courage has a few ftl feats and breaking the sun with his scream so if Scooby doesn't have anything that crazy he's fucked.
1. He’s just dressed as The Spectere
2. Shaggy had the ring, not Scooby
3. That’s DCAU, not mainline

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Here's their DBC debate about the match-up from last year (I time stamped where the debate starts so you don't have to start fishing for it)

Back