• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

OrlandoSky

Paramount
I'm kinda not seeing how Courage doesn't stomp.
They bring up a possible universe level feat in the DBC for Scooby where he dances, illuminates a glass globe that contains the universe and breaks it.
They don't offer any further context or show the clip or mention where it's from and there's way too much scooby media to just dig through for verification. typing up universe level feats for Scooby doo in google will just bring up the DBC video so it's kind've a dead-end and the fight I think will shift depending on how they find the validity in this apparent universe level feat.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

IMG_20231023_134807.jpg
SPOILER_SPOILER_image.png

Warlordgab

Illustrious
It seems this is supposed to be the universal Scooby feat some people are talking about...

I'm not entirely sure if we can take it as face value... What do you guys think?

EDIT:

The explosion created an entire new timeline

Last edited:

Maddie

Acclaimed
It seems this is supposed to be the universal Scooby feat some people are talking about...

I'm not entirely sure if we can take it as face value... What do you guys think?

EDIT:

The evil being was in the process of consuming the universe and already consumed the galaxy

Sigismund

How did a universal cosmic horror lose to Scooby Doo?:dead

I watched a lot of Scooby Doo back in the day and I recall like 95% of episodes ended with Fred dropping a fishing net on some bum.
Scooby-Doo should also Scale to KISS (The the Rock Band) which iirc puts him up to Universal since KISS are non Human but instead cosmic entities in Scooby-Doo Doo iirc

The new movies go off the rails

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Scooby-Doo should also Scale to KISS (The the Rock Band) which iirc puts him up to Universal since KISS are non Human but instead cosmic entities in Scooby-Doo Doo iirc

The new movies go off the rails
I'm sorry wat
Explain how does Scooby scale to KISS and what feat did they do to get Uni

Maddie

Acclaimed
How did a universal cosmic horror lose to Scooby Doo?:dead

I watched a lot of Scooby Doo back in the day and I recall like 95% of episodes ended with Fred dropping a fishing net on some bum.
Not joking here, black lodge entities from Twin Peaks inseminated sentient knowledge into animal mascots throughout all Hannah Barbara and through that Scoobie Doo has the heart of the Jaguar which is the power to overcome great evil such as the evil entity

OrlandoSky

Paramount

EDIT:

I don’t think that’s the feat. They specifically mentioned it as Scooby dancing, which illuminates the universe (which is inside a glass snowglobe) and breaks the glass around the universe. They bring this up in multiple videos so it’s gonna be brought up I think one way or another.

The problem is they don’t show the clip. They mentioned it was on YouTube but the video they were talking about was either unlisted or taken down from YouTube. They don’t mention any further context, they don’t say what series or movie it’s from, which makes checking its validity nigh impossible. All google results for “Scooby-Doo” and “universe” as key words lead to either the DBC videos they talk about it, the looney tunes crossover or UI shaggy memes. It’s a dead end until we either see them bring it up or if someone digs through all the years worth of SD lore to find it

Last edited:

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
A bit disappointed Makima lost. Don't really agree with the reasoning (I think even outside of the contract transferring attacks Makima should have mind hax resistance given stuff like her being able to remember erased concepts, and Gojo's "aura" is not reason enough for her to not be able to use control on him). But the animation was neat.

I am happy with Courage vs Scooby as the next matchup. Should be a stomp for Courage but this is one of the times the thematic-ness of the matchup can overcome how uneven it is :catsalute

I hope they get the guy who did this to voice Courage for the DB. It's one of the better Courage impressions out there IMO.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
A bit disappointed Makima lost. Don't really agree with the reasoning (I think even outside of the contract transferring attacks Makima should have mind hax resistance given stuff like her being able to remember erased concepts, and Gojo's "aura" is not reason enough for her to not be able to use control on him). But the animation was neat.

I am happy with Courage vs Scooby as the next matchup. Should be a stomp for Courage but this is one of the times the thematic-ness of the matchup can overcome how uneven it is :catsalute

I hope they get the guy who did this to voice Courage for the DB. It's one of the better Courage impressions out there IMO.

The thing i hate about Makima and her control shit is how people will NLF the fuck out of it and go "It doesnt matter if they have resistace, she sees them beneath her so it just works"

its like
1472292375248.jpg

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Also i dont think being able to remember erased concepts means that you con suddenly be fine having your brain be flooded with a shit ton of information all at once in the middle of a fight

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
The thing i hate about Makima and her control shit is how people will NLF the fuck out of it and go "It doesnt matter if they have resistace, she sees them beneath her so it just works"

its like
1472292375248.jpg
Like all things it’s all about the scale of shown usage. For example the reincarnation of the Control Devil, Nayuta, could make Asa Misaka/Yoru think think they they were a dog, and then erase their memories of the entire day. It can also do more subtle manipulations like changing a demon’s sense of taste so humans taste like shit to it.

That’s definitely >>>>>> Hanami’s Minor Will Manip that not just Gojo but multiple other JJK characters resisted iirc.

So while yeah, it shouldn’t be treated as able to bypass any Mind Hax resistance I really do not feel Gojo’s minor mind hax resistance would cut it in the slightest.

Also i dont think being able to remember erased concepts means that you con suddenly be fine having your brain be flooded with a shit ton of information all at once in the middle of a fight

Iirc someone brought up earlier in the thread that sufficiently fast characters should just be able to process the information normally as it’s not really “infinite” just six months worth of information repeated over and over. So just with Makima’s speed she could potentially process it.

Plus in Chainsawman Denji could resist Falling Devil’s past trauma inducing powers by slicing up his brain so that’s another way I could see Makima negating it. See the future with the future devil and just mentally command one of her controlled characters to damage her brain when she gets hit with the info dump so her brain can repair itself and the info dump goes away.

Sigismund

I'm sorry wat
Explain how does Scooby scale to KISS and what feat did they do to get Uni
Its been a lot time since I watched it but iirc the movie is about someone trying to steal a Black Diamond to turn into Military Lazers, and unleashes some entity called the Destroyer that Kiss, Scooby Shaggy and Fred help defeat.

I may be wrong about where that puts them stat wise tho

Back