• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Maddie

Acclaimed

il_570xN.925169209_ey3e.jpg

soundwave_superior__beeverse__by_fernsylhouette_dczyvdh-fullview.jpg

raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Wait Big G can do that??i thought only Ant Man could do that

Also this is the first time i hear that about Unicron,when this happened???
from Ask Vector Prime

Q: Could Unicron Beat the Death Star?

A: That depends. Most instances of Unicron are expressions of an abstract force of nature, some spanning multiple universes. These instances could easily defeat the transforming battle station of Lukas 577.25 Beta. However, against non-singularity instances of Unicron with more mundane origins, such as Primax 984.17 Alpha or Viron 704.08 Gamma, Darth Vader's amazing mech would most probably prevail.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
I always found it weird that people took Galactus title of "the world eater" at face value and then applied that shit to unicron and just assumed he was "robot Galactus"
the funny thing is Unicron was not actually originally based on Galactus, Floro Dery based him on Satan.
When Furman added the more cosmic elements to the character later though he specifically cites Galactus as an inspiration, but it wasn't for the world eating aspect it was for the "Galactus is actually some godlike energy being" aspect

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
@OtherGalaxy
Anyways ignoring research issue how would u say db did Megatron and Unicron portrayal wise?
very good, their animation and voice acting was on point. Frank Welker and Orson Welles are obvious impossible to beat, but the guys they tapped were good enough that I'd like to see them in official stuff :skully

Also can't say this enough but Unicron slinging around universes is basically something I've always wanted to see, so they delivered on that front very well. And also they based the model off my literal favorite rendition of Unicron in any medium (the 2021 toy) so, was glad to see that. That's not something that matters to most people, but it matters to me.

Maddie

Acclaimed
I really prefer Toymaker vs Mxy over Mxy vs Lord English, feels like it'd be a more creative fight and Toymaker's cosmological standing is high enough to make the conclusion not easily presumable unlike Mxy/Toymaker vs Q. Also fuck Homestuck. What would a good name for a Toymaker vs Mxy matchup song be?

OrlandoSky

Paramount
I say go completely out of left field and have Mxyzptlk fight Shuma Gorath

Both are interdimensional conceptual beings of chaos that exist outside the dimensional constraints of the multiverse.

Maddie

Acclaimed
I say go completely out of left field and have Mxyzptlk fight Shuma Gorath

Both are interdimensional conceptual beings of chaos that exist outside the dimensional constraints of the multiverse.
does Shuma Gorath have any actual video media? Even if he did, I'd say Nyarlathotep is a better matchup against Shuma Gorath given Nyarlathotep is THE Chaos Eldritch horror in fiction and is one of Lovecraft's famous monsters after Cthulhu

I just feel Toymaker vs Mxy works best given their very nature is the same. Both play games with reality and have a set of rules in how to do so. Just Mxy wants to have fun and prefers not damaging reality beyond repair, Toymaker is a sadist who revels in its chaotic destruction.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
does Shuma Gorath have any actual video media?
the Marvel vs Capcom series is what made him popular, they could also use the scene of Gargantos from DS2 not that they necessarily need video media anymore. They've said this themselves and most of Hercules/Sun Wukong rundowns were with editing

Maddie

Acclaimed
the Marvel vs Capcom series is what made him popular, they could also use the scene of Gargantos from DS2 not that they necessarily need video media anymore. They've said this themselves and most of Hercules/Sun Wukong rundowns were with editing
Irregardless, Nyarlathotep vs Shuma Gorath works better than Shuma Gorath vs Mxy.

Mxy is chaotic in more of a toonforce reality warping way in line with Q or Toymaker. Between those two, Toymaker is probably more famous nowadays and has the needed cosmological scaling and feats for there to be a real debate. Mxy vs Shuma Gorath doesn't have to work with in terms of battle personality I feel. Toymaker vs Mxy would be batshit insane with the banter being amazingm

Shuma Gorath is more of a traditional cosmic Eldritch Horror. Cthulhu is much too weak and better suited for someone very famous with a similarly vague and disconnected Mythos (IDK who would work best, maybe Slenderman? Lol) Nyarlathotep has all the connections and thematics to work well with fighting Shuma Gorath.

Back