Death Battle Discussion

Maddie

Acclaimed
I want to see another kaiju battle honestly, only one they've done was Godzilla v Gamera and that was literally 10 years ago, we've been due for a few at this point, doesn't even have to be godzilla, you could have a Power Rangers/Super Sentai villain vs an Ultraman monster.
They did Kiryu vs Dragon Powerranger IIRC

I want Anime Mechagodzilla vs IDW Trypticon

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Sailor_Moon_VS_Pegasus_Seiya_EternalSagittarius_Sharaku.png
SaintSeiya_VS_SailorMoon_SpriteEdit_by_CreeperPasta.png

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Really like the Joseph Joestar vs Spider-Man and Puss n Boots vs whoever. Death from the latest Puss n Boots movie deserves a matchup too. Dude was just epic

Sailor Moon vs Madoka would be neat too. Just not sure how she’s going to match up against Goddess Madoka though

OrlandoSky

Paramount
@OrlandoSky can u explain when u have the chance on the financial aspect for DB if its really plausible for a indie route
I think it is, yes. The most direct step they could take is plan out a comfortable budget and launch a gofundme per season. Considering DB was trending on Twitter for multiple days I’d say they should be able to reach a budgetary goal for that without very much issue. Scheduling the time to do it and coordinate it with several dozen new people (on freelance time) is the tougher part since this is essentially their secondary income while they find primary work to support themselves at least until this might take off as its own mini self-sustaining business model I think that might be the end goal here.

I’d say scheduling free time and coordination with everyone once they get their ducks in a row is the most difficult part since this wouldn’t be their primary income and thereby they wouldn’t be on the same clock, research/writing/animation/editing will be more difficult to get out as fast since they would all essentially be doing this as freelance work on their non-work hours as oppose to doing it for a company that pays them.
The way I view the course of action:
Step 1: everyone is out searching for a job for their primary income (not even worrying about Death Battle a living is their primary concern)
Step 2: collaborate and reach out with everyone on the team that’s available and those that are not (either for budgetary, scheduling or other reasons) find someone new (and/or this will just be several or a dozen people working on it instead of several dozen like the s1-3 days)
Step 3: coordinate a time schedule with everyone on board and what free time people are looking at to do this
Step 4: based on what episodes and characters they’re using calculate a comfortable budget that’s also within reason to fund the season as a whole and do what they can with that
Step 5: once that goal is met the production on S11 will restart and they’ll get back to where they left off.
Keep in mind even with the most recent show it took them like half a year long hiatus between s9 and 10 before it was ready and they’d almost definitely be working with less people and a more scattered freelance schedule

If I were to make a very rough guesstimate and take this with a complete grain of salt because there’s a ton of personal major factors that change this that I’m not privy to. I’d say we’re looking at a 1-3 year long hiatus.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I think it is, yes. The most direct step they could take is plan out a comfortable budget and launch a gofundme per season. Considering DB was trending on Twitter for multiple days I’d say they should be able to reach a budgetary goal for that without very much issue. Scheduling the time to do it and coordinate it with several dozen new people (on freelance time) is the tougher part since this is essentially their secondary income while they find primary work to support themselves at least until this might take off as its own mini self-sustaining business model I think that might be the end goal here.

I’d say scheduling free time and coordination with everyone once they get their ducks in a row is the most difficult part since this wouldn’t be their primary income and thereby they wouldn’t be on the same clock, research/writing/animation/editing will be more difficult to get out as fast since they would all essentially be doing this as freelance work on their non-work hours as oppose to doing it for a company that pays them.
The way I view the course of action:
Step 1: everyone is out searching for a job for their primary income (not even worrying about Death Battle a living is their primary concern)
Step 2: collaborate and reach out with everyone on the team that’s available and those that are not (either for budgetary, scheduling or other reasons) find someone new (and/or this will just be several or a dozen people working on it instead of several dozen like the s1-3 days)
Step 3: coordinate a time schedule with everyone on board and what free time people are looking at to do this
Step 4: based on what episodes and characters they’re using calculate a comfortable budget that’s also within reason to fund the season as a whole and do what they can with that
Step 5: once that goal is met the production on S11 will restart and they’ll get back to where they left off.
Keep in mind even with the most recent show it took them like half a year long hiatus between s9 and 10 before it was ready and they’d almost definitely be working with less people and a more scattered freelance schedule

If I were to make a very rough guesstimate and take this with a complete grain of salt because there’s a ton of personal major factors that change this that I’m not privy to. I’d say we’re looking at a 1-3 year long hiatus.
I think that at first they could animate only with 2D sprites, I understand that a 3D animation costs approximately $1000-3000 per minute, but I imagine that animation with sprites should be cheaper.

Back