• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
We gotta have this
nova3.png

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Recap of the Death Battle

Goku is more skilled
Superman is stronger
They’re both dead equal in speed

In the afterlife, Goku says he’ll face Superman again and Clark says he’s looking forward to it. They fist bump as bros at the end of the battle

At least Death Battle is treating them as friendly rivals now rather than them having animosity towards each other

Goku is more skilled
Superman is stronger

In the afterlife, Goku says he’ll face Superman again and Clark says he’s looking forward to it. They fist bump as bros at the end of the battle

At least Death Battle is treating them as friendly rivals now rather than them having animosity towards each other
Its more fun when its in-character. Wish we had this instead of GvS2

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Goku is more skilled
Superman is stronger

The goku is more skilled thing never made sense to me when Superman has trained with Wonder Woman and learned how to do a whole bunch of bullshit by watching batman to the point batman was suprised by how good at that shit he was

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
The goku is more skilled thing never made sense to me when Superman has trained with Wonder Woman and learned how to do a whole bunch of bullshit by watching batman to the point batman was suprised by how good at that shit he was
Even if you want to call it a pity advantage, it would just feel wrong for the guy who has an entire transformation (Mastered Ultra Instinct) based on perfect automatic martial arts to not get that category...

Yes, yes, I know Batman knows a bajillion different types of martial arts so him praising Superman makes him a god of martial arts in his own right. But I think it's fair to say that fundamentally, Superman wouldn't consider himself a martial artist and often doesn't even need to use the martial arts skills that he does have against many of the threats he's up against (as well as different writers just forgetting he has them lol). While Goku ,fundamentally, is a martial artist down to his very core. And I think that's what they were trying to get across.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Even if you want to call it a pity advantage, it would just feel wrong for the guy who has an entire transformation (Mastered Ultra Instinct) based on perfect automatic martial arts to not get that category...
I still dont know why its called MUI when apparently he hasnt mastered the shit yet
:hestonpls
Yes, yes, I know Batman knows a bajillion different types of martial arts so him praising Superman makes him a god of martial arts in his own right. But I think it's fair to say that fundamentally, Superman wouldn't consider himself a martial artist and often doesn't even need to use the martial arts skills that he does have against many of the threats he's up against (as well as different writers just forgetting he has them lol). While Goku ,fundamentally, is a martial artist down to his very core. And I think that's what they were trying to get across.
I can understand that
I wonder what Goku would have done if superman starting his torquasm shit. cause that shit is goofy as hell
:hestonpls

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
They acknowledged that as Superman having more experience than Goku

But as far as pure martial arts skill goes, they said Goku was better

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Its more fun when its in-character. Wish we had this instead of GvS2
Ben admits GvS2 should have never existed

I remember when the universal shockwaves first happened in DBS. Ben posted a pic of himself frowning on Twitter, he realized they jumped the gun with 2

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
They said Ultra Instinct and Superman’s Theta state (Torquasm-Vo) are about the same

And that Goku beats most versions of Superman

Warlordgab

Illustrious
What I find truly impressive aside from the noticeable, and much needed, improvement in the choreography, is how they managed to figure out the animation

I mean, it's amazing how they animated the moon getting shattered, the aftermath of the super flare, and the earth getting destroyed. I know such details are not necessarily the most memorable, but if we go back to season 7-9, it seemed that kind of effects was no longer possible

If they can keep the quality in the choreography and effects of 3D animation, Ruby Vs. Maka, Gru Vs. Megamind, and any potential Genshin Impact episode will be an amazing visual treat

Back