• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Death Battle Discussion

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Good indication of who’s going to win a DB in a lot of cases is whoever goes through their transformations or best techniques faster throughout the fight being the loser.

I think the only exception to that this season was Frieza vs Megatron with Frieza using up all his transformations before Megs finally broke out the Antimatter only at the very end.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
I mean they also pretty much give away whose stronger in the rundowns by bringing up their highest end feat in actual biggaton numbers. We knew Vader was cooked when they somehow high balled the first stage Juubi bijuudama to 13 yottatons after Vader's 12 yottaton scaling.

Maddie

Acclaimed
Good indication of who’s going to win a DB in a lot of cases is whoever goes through their transformations or best techniques faster throughout the fight being the loser.

I think the only exception to that this season was Frieza vs Megatron with Frieza using up all his transformations before Megs finally broke out the Antimatter only at the very end.
Still annoyed they didn't include Super or Ultra Megs. They could have excluded Golden for whatever reason to keep Freeza the W but they didn't. So we have to rely on the bunk IDW justification for universal Megs.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Still annoyed they didn't include Super or Ultra Megs. They could have excluded Golden for whatever reason to keep Freeza the W but they didn't. So we have to rely on the bunk IDW justification for universal Megs.
Production reason probably couldn't find a model for those forms

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I can’t believe they bought that :skully I know TF comics are dense but it’s such an insane train of thought to me as someone who loves those specific comics. I had been not following the hobby at all when this started cropping up and when I came back I was shocked as hell to see it everywhere. It’s something that would only happen in powerscaaling mindset
Production reason probably couldn't find a model for those forms
thats fair for super/ultra but Golden at least just looks the same as g1 Megatron but Golden

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I can’t believe they bought that :skully I know TF comics are dense but it’s such an insane train of thought to me as someone who loves those specific comics. I had been not following the hobby at all when this started cropping up and when I came back I was shocked as hell to see it everywhere. It’s something that would only happen in powerscaaling mindset

thats fair for super/ultra but Golden at least just looks the same as g1 Megatron but Golden
Golden prob would've worked frankly but eh idk what was going on behind the scenes

Maddie

Acclaimed
Average DB fights don't go beyond 3 min at most 4
Meant in terms of research. For the fight it can be the same length they could have easily put Super Megs launching himself at Freeza in the Death Ball clash and then he goes Ultra instead of the Anti-Matter if they had more time to get the models ready

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Meant in terms of research. For the fight it can be the same length they could have easily put Super Megs launching himself at Freeza in the Death Ball clash and then he goes Ultra instead of the Anti-Matter
Again production shit there's no models for a super or ultra megatron
The best u can argue was golden megatron being used other than that

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Boy this fucking aged like a fine wine
nigga was a prophet lol
crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

:jordangif

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Meanwhile Galactus just stayed in Base the entire time and Unicron "transformed" by getting bigger
:hestonpls

Maddie

Acclaimed
Because I don't want comic matchups from Marvel/DC (Not even SvK because their scaling for DC is so fucking retarded they'd have Simon lose to base pre-Circle of Fire Kyle at this point) these are all the matchups I would really want left

• Gohan vs Ultraman Zero
  • Bardock vs Omniman
  • Piccolo vs Magus
  • Cell vs Dark Samus or Copy X (I would want Garou but they'd probably make him multi-solar system to galaxy level)
  • Goku Black vs Oropo (Again, it's arguably a better matchup than GBvRF but sadly Wakfu's popularity is stuck in a Catch22 situation)
  • Master Chief vs Commander Shephard
  • Doomslayer vs The Security Guard
  • Duke Nukem vs Serious Sam
  • Isaac Clarke vs Gordon Freeman
  • Aragorn vs Jon Snow or Baahubali
  • Aslan vs Arceus
  • Hotrod vs Invincible
  • Shockwave vs Malware
  • Trypticon vs Mechagodzilla
  • Soundwave vs Octavia
  • Zeus vs Odin
  • Luminary vs Someone IDK
  • The Borg vs Cybermen
  • Vampire Hunter D vs Alucard
  • BOB vs Pennywise (Won't happen)
  • Slenderman vs Sirenhead

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Because I don't want comic matchups from Marvel/DC (Not even SvK because their scaling for DC is so fucking retarded they'd have Simon lose to base pre-Circle of Fire Kyle at this point) these are all the matchups I would really want left

Gohan vs Ultraman Zero
Bardock vs Omniman
Piccolo vs Magus
Cell vs Dark Samus or Copy X (I would want Garou but they'd probably make him multi-solar system to galaxy level)
Goku Black vs Oropo (Again, it's a better matchup than GBvRF in almost all ways but sadly Wakfu is stuck in a Catch22 situation)
Master Chief vs Commander Shephard
Doomslayer vs The Security Guard
Duke Nukem vs Serious Sam
Isaac Clarke vs Gordon Freeman
Aragorn vs Jon Snow or Baahubali
Aslan vs Arceus
Shockwave vs Malware
Trypticon vs Mechagodzilla
Soundwave vs Octavia
Zeus vs Odin
Luminary vs Someone IDK
The Borg vs Cybermen
Vampire Hunter D vs Alucard
BOB vs Pennywise (Won't happen)
Slenderman vs Sirenhead
You bit the bullet and watched Goku vs Superman 3 yet? If so, what did you think of their scaling for Superman in it?

Maddie

Acclaimed
You bit the bullet and watched Goku vs Superman 3 yet? If so, what did you think of their scaling for Superman in it?
not watching it until I finish Post Crisis. I concluded long ago Rebirth (Specifically Infinite Frontier) Superman stomps but I don't care for post flashpoint (Or DBS for that matter ngl) anyways since it's all rubbish and I am probably one of the most conservative post crisis powerscalers.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Currently the only Marvel/DC matchups that interest me are:

Anti-Spiral vs Anti-Monitor

Accelerator vs Magneto

Constantine vs Harry Dresden

Back